TV and Movie Characters You Really Hate

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wait, wait, what?I haven't read Naruto in years so I'm really out of the loop, but why on earth is that necessary? I was never a fan of Sauske so I'm biased that way. but srsly
Yep. It's gonna be done in the same style of that "Rock Lee and his Ninja Pals" manga/anime. It's suppose to, and I'm directly quoting here, "show a more humorous side to the normally cool and aloof Uchiha." Cause when I think wacky adventures, I think Sasuke. -_-;

MerriedxReldnahc

#1 Wogglebug Fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yep. It's gonna be done in the same style of that "Rock Lee and his Ninja Pals" manga/anime. It's suppose to, and I'm directly quoting here, "show a more humorous side to the normally cool and aloof Uchiha." Cause when I think wacky adventures, I think Sasuke. -_-;
I saw the Rock Lee spinoff when I googled the Sasuke one, and found an entire wiki devoted solely to Rock Lee his Ninja Pals.
Though to be honest in my weeb days I would have watched the fuck out of a spinoff all about Kakashi

J

JP 307

kiwifarms.net
First off, add me to the Brian Griffin and Lisa Simpson list. Telling the audience that they completely suck and are poor, deluded souls if they don't follow their black-and-white pretentious mentality honestly pisses me off -- which, to be fair, is why I can't stand politics IRL, so having it in my shows is a dealbreaker anyway. I can't imagine what a liberal audience would think of them :|

The character that pisses me off the most is Sam from iCarly. Seeing a show air on Nickelodeon -- a network aimed primarily at school aged kids -- wholeheartedly embrace the female-on-male abuse double standard ("Boys can't hit girls, but girls can hit boys") is just fucking mind boggling. If you switched Freddie and Sam's places in any episode, media watchdogs and parents would be screaming that iCarly promotes "an oppressive patriarchal mindset" and "[the show] is poisoning our girls' minds". (And yes, I know the difference between funny horseplay and legit beatings; Sam totally does the latter.)

*thinks*

In fact, fuck Carly too. She doesn't do a damn thing to chastise Sam for her behavior -- and you know she'd freak out if Sam pulled that shit on her.

(Insert "Bella Swan and Hazel Lancaster are faux-humble wannabe intellectual sociopaths" complaint here. You just know if they found Edward Cullen or Augustus Waters "ugly", the story would end when they call 911. STALKING ISN'T FUCKING ROMANTIC.)

Gothicserpent

kiwifarms.net
First off, add me to the Brian Griffin and Lisa Simpson list. Telling the audience that they completely suck and are poor, deluded souls if they don't follow their black-and-white pretentious mentality honestly pisses me off -- which, to be fair, is why I can't stand politics IRL, so having it in my shows is a dealbreaker anyway. I can't imagine what a liberal audience would think of them :|

The character that pisses me off the most is Sam from iCarly. Seeing a show air on Nickelodeon -- a network aimed primarily at school aged kids -- wholeheartedly embrace the female-on-male abuse double standard ("Boys can't hit girls, but girls can hit boys") is just fucking mind boggling. If you switched Freddie and Sam's places in any episode, media watchdogs and parents would be screaming that iCarly promotes "an oppressive patriarchal mindset" and "[the show] is poisoning our girls' minds". (And yes, I know the difference between funny horseplay and legit beatings; Sam totally does the latter.)

*thinks*

In fact, fuck Carly too. She doesn't do a damn thing to chastise Sam for her behavior -- and you know she'd freak out if Sam pulled that shit on her.

(Insert "Bella Swan and Hazel Lancaster are faux-humble wannabe intellectual sociopaths" complaint here. You just know if they found Edward Cullen or Augustus Waters "ugly", the story would end when they call 911. STALKING ISN'T FUCKING ROMANTIC.)
FINALLY someone agrees that Sam is an abusive monster! Most people I've talked to about her say that she's a strong female character.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I saw the Rock Lee spinoff when I googled the Sasuke one, and found an entire wiki devoted solely to Rock Lee his Ninja Pals.
Though to be honest in my weeb days I would have watched the fuck out of a spinoff all about Kakashi
To be fair, the Rock Lee spinoff is basically one giant spoof/parody of the main manga/anime and it's characters. It's actually pretty damn funny.

Tragi-Chan

A thousand years old
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Homer Simpson. In the first ten years, the character was a work of genius, this stupid guy who'd occasionally say things that were so stupid they verged on genius. He was a boorish idiot, but you couldn't help liking him, because you could identify with him, and when it came down to it he was a good guy trying to do the best for his family. Then he just became this wacky asshole who'd get a new job every week and went from "boorish idiot" to "psychotic manchild." To be honest, all the characters in The Simpsons suffered similar decay.

There are lots of characters in A Game of Thrones that I dislike, but I'm supposed to dislike them, so I don't mind that.

In Doctor Who, any character who becomes the writer's pet pisses me off. Rose was a good character, but I got so tired of Russell T. Davies going on about how she was basically the best character who ever lived and the greatest companion the Doctor ever had. River Song pissed me off for similar reasons - not a bad character at first, and the idea of her meeting the doctor out of order was an interesting one. But again, she kept getting pushed as this wonderful woman who was the best at everything. More recently, the Paternoster Gang can go fuck themselves. They just came out of nowhere with no character development, and whenever they appear I can just hear Stephen Moffatt congratulating himself on shoehorning these awesome creations into another episode. I actually liked Strax at first, until about the third episode when I realised that he had no character features beyond, "A bit dim, sometimes forgets that he's no longer a bloodthirsty warrior, can't tell men from women." The worst part is that even killing the characters off doesn't mean we're free from them.

J

JP 307

kiwifarms.net
FINALLY someone agrees that Sam is an abusive monster! Most people I've talked to about her say that she's a strong female character.

The fact the show and fans ship her and Freddie makes me throw up in my mouth.

Quick question -- were most of these people fans of the show? (Casual, hardcore, whatever?) If so, they're probably 9-14 year old girls that can't grasp the distinction that a "strong female character" =/= "well-written character who happens to be female". Because "strong", "well-written" or not, Sam's behavior still sends horrible messages to kids watching -- "Hey, if a girl beats the crap out of you, she likes youuu~"

God, I LOATHE that double standard. (Which also applies to Arnold/Helga Pataki.)

Gothicserpent

kiwifarms.net

Quick question -- were most of these people fans of the show? (Casual, hardcore, whatever?) If so, they're probably 9-14 year old girls that can't grasp the distinction that a "strong female character" =/= "well-written character who happens to be female". Because "strong", "well-written" or not, Sam's behavior still sends horrible messages to kids watching -- "Hey, if a girl beats the crap out of you, she likes youuu~"

God, I LOATHE that double standard. (Which also applies to Arnold/Helga Pataki.)
Well, with Arnold and Helga, her bullying of him was generally seen as a really bad thing.

J

JP 307

kiwifarms.net
Well, with Arnold and Helga, her bullying of him was generally seen as a really bad thing.

In a meta sense, I 100% agree, but the behavior being seen as bad in-universe? Ehh . . .

I remember an episode where Helga goes to see a therapist, Dr. Bliss , and of course the episode goes into detail with the history she has with Arnold, and why she bullies him -- which, of course, leads to her creating that creepy stalker shrine of him, writing poems about him, spouting her famous soliloquies -- and, no joke, after Helga tells her about said shrine, the therapist says "As long as you're not hurting anyone, I think it's a good way to express yourself."

wut

Helga's hurting herself emotionally - she can't go one freaking day without doing something Arnold-realted at all. The therapist was in the classroom and saw Helga pelt Arnold with spitballs.

A crush is one thing. An obsession is another.

Pikonic

Pre Merge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh my gosh! Yes! I didn't post this yet! I fucking hate her.

She killed Boomer, my theory that she was jealous of her and Chief, gets treated like a hero, hooks up with Chief, then cheats on him, becomes insufferable, whines, did I mention she killed Boomer? Boomer and Athena are two of my favorite characters. You do not kill them.
Only Helo can kill Athena.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In a meta sense, I 100% agree, but the behavior being seen as bad in-universe? Ehh . . .

I remember an episode where Helga goes to see a therapist, Dr. Bliss , and of course the episode goes into detail with the history she has with Arnold, and why she bullies him -- which, of course, leads to her creating that creepy stalker shrine of him, writing poems about him, spouting her famous soliloquies -- and, no joke, after Helga tells her about said shrine, the therapist says "As long as you're not hurting anyone, I think it's a good way to express yourself."

wut

Helga's hurting herself emotionally - she can't go one freaking day without doing something Arnold-realted at all. The therapist was in the classroom and saw Helga pelt Arnold with spitballs.

A crush is one thing. An obsession is another.
Eh, given her home life(which was super dark for a kids show), I can kinda understand how she'd have problems showing affection towards someone. She sure as hell wasn't getting any of that at home.

Hell, Helga's emotionally abusive home life was the main reason the spinoff sequel starring her never got off the ground. Nick thought it was way too dark to be a main focus.

darkhorse816

WOOF!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I watched iCarly casually (I actually liked Sam, I found her more interesting than Carly who is one of the blandest characters ever). But the whole Sam and Freddie thing, it made me sick. My little sister said they belonged together because she was mean to him/they always argued. My Mom was like, that's not how you build a relationship, and my little sister came close to storming out of the restaurant.

Then you'll have kids who watch this show and assume this is how you are supposed to go about having a crush on someone, or assume that the person who is mean to you really has a crush on you. It's a common, bored trope, but at least on Hey Arnold, they explained why Helga is like that. And there was going to be a second movie where
the whole class goes to South America on a trip, Arnold finds his parents
and Helga finally confesses to Arnold, and doesn't take it back like in the first movie.

Also, the Hey Arnold spin-off was going to be on MTV, I think.

Pikonic

Pre Merge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I never thought much about Cally til now. She was insufferable. Now I know why I like Tory.
Cally's biggest problem was this...
Boomer really did have a shot at redemption. She saved Anders on Caprica and really tried to make peace with Cally on New Caprica. Cally pretty much told her to go frack herself because she was a soulless machine. I think this is what caused Boomer to eventually side with the Jon Cavils.

L

LM 697

kiwifarms.net
@Foulmouth
KqPd30t.jpg

9WQGkKZ.jpg

J

JP 307

kiwifarms.net
Eh, given her home life(which was super dark for a kids show), I can kinda understand how she'd have problems showing affection towards someone.

The bolded part I totally get; That episode is a great look into her psyche, but man, the doctor brushing off her legitimately unhealthy obsession like it's a harmless hobby just bugs the fuck out of me.

Teal deer: It's fine the writers explained Helga's behavior, but abuse should never, ever be excused. Ever.

She sure as hell wasn't getting any of that at home.

Olga might've not always been around at home, but she was always, always very sincere with her sisterly love for Helga. Why the hell she never chewed out Big Bob and Miriam for ignoring Helga is beyond me.

I always just wanted Freddie to storm out of the studio and stop being their friend.

OH HELL YES THIS.

drtoboggan

Sonic Jew
kiwifarms.net
Another BSG character I wasn't fond of at all was Apollo. Struck me as an idiot whose MO was to piss off his dad.

Gothicserpent

kiwifarms.net
The bolded part I totally get; That episode is a great look into her psyche, but man, the doctor brushing off her legitimately unhealthy obsession like it's a harmless hobby just bugs the fuck out of me.

Teal deer: It's fine the writers explained Helga's behavior, but abuse should never, ever be excused. Ever.

Olga might've not always been around at home, but she was always, always very sincere with her sisterly love for Helga. Why the hell she never chewed out Big Bob and Miriam for ignoring Helga is beyond me.

OH HELL YES THIS.
Another thing to note about Helga while while she had an unhealthy obsession, she usually received her comeuppance by the episode's end if she was being extra jerkish. The April Fool's episode is a great example of this.

And I do seem to recall in a few eps that she was called out on her bullying and we weren't supposed to side with Helga.

Still, what a damn great character.

Last edited: