TV and Movie Characters You Really Hate

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The bolded part I totally get; That episode is a great look into her psyche, but man, the doctor brushing off her legitimately unhealthy obsession like it's a harmless hobby just bugs the fuck out of me.

Teal deer: It's fine the writers explained Helga's behavior, but abuse should never, ever be excused. Ever.
Oh I agree. The therapist in that episode really screwed the pooch with that advice. But putting that scene aside, I think the thing that separates the relationships portrayed in both iCarly and Hey Arnold was the bullying of Arnold by Helga was never really shown to be a good thing. Even Helga knew she shouldn't be bullying Arnold the way she was, but because she was too afraid to show what she thought to be weakness in front of people, she kept up the tough bully persona to protect herself. So you basically had her dividing herself between two extremes of her personailty(the bully vs the obsessed romantic) when her true personality was somewhere in the middle. And there were moments in the show where you can see her let down her guard and act closer to who she truly is.

Olga might've not always been around at home, but she was always, always very sincere with her sisterly love for Helga. Why the hell she never chewed out Big Bob and Miriam for ignoring Helga is beyond me.

I think that was a bit of the problem as well. Olga did care a lot for her sister, but she never really called out her parents on their shitty treatment of Helga. And she admittedly had her own things in life going on, which due to accomplishing things so easily and her parents clearly preferred treatment of Olga, did create a bit of a wedge between the sisters. Hell, I think the best example of Helga's life being so bad was in that same therapist episode when they showed how her first day of preschool started.

God, I'm psychoanalyzing a cartoon from the 90's at midnight....ah well.

Dr. Mario

kiwifarms.net
The minions and Lucy from Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2. The minions are just... meh. They're not OMG TOTES CUTE AND RANDOM IS FUNNY. They're annoying.
Yes, you're right. Fuck minions! Servbots are the real deal.
servbot_nxc.gif

drtoboggan

Sonic Jew
kiwifarms.net
They're not on the same league, haha.
Definitely not. The Daleks can be counted on to double cross you. They don't care who you are, they'll exterminate your ass once they're done with you. Cylons, well, that's a crapshoot. Actually, now that I think about it, the best henchman to have would be Lloyd from Entourage. He's fiercely loyal even if you're a total dick to him.

Dr. Mario

kiwifarms.net
Definitely not. The Daleks can be counted on to double cross you. They don't care who you are, they'll exterminate your ass once they're done with you. Cylons, well, that's a crapshoot. Actually, now that I think about it, the best henchman to have would be Lloyd from Entourage. He's fiercely loyal even if you're a total dick to him.
Well, Cybermen are superior than Daleks in only one respect.

drtoboggan

Sonic Jew
kiwifarms.net
They said they had a good time exterminating my mother last night. Now it's personal.

darkhorse816

WOOF!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cally's biggest problem was this...
Boomer really did have a shot at redemption. She saved Anders on Caprica and really tried to make peace with Cally on New Caprica. Cally pretty much told her to go frack herself because she was a soulless machine. I think this is what caused Boomer to eventually side with the Jon Cavils.

I thought it was
Athena, not Boomer who saved Anders. You're getting the models confused, you racist! Are you saying all number eights look alike?! Huh?

I kid, I kid.

Morbid Boredom

Transgoth transteen transwoman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sookie Stackhouse on True Blood. She had become Bella Swan with telepathy.

I strongly suspect that even the writers were tired of her.

"Sookie... I'm so over Sookie and her magical fairy vagina and her unbelievably stupid name! FUCK Sookie!" -I watched to the end for Pam, could you tell?

Connor Bible

Inferior Enfant Terrible
kiwifarms.net
Much has been made of my dislike of Jennifer Garner's character from the film Juno. Now I'm kind of on the fence about her and the ambiguous ending. Sure, she gets what she wants (a child), but she's probably not going to have much time for him due to her job. I'd hate to sound cynical, but she kind of screwed herself over. Mark was a dick and a pervert, yes, but her hands weren't entirely squeaky clean. In fact, her brow-beating and mind games contributed to her husband's rebellion. Part of me was afraid that she would do the same to Juno's son in an effort to keep him under her thumb. The fear may be valid, but we'll never know for sure. For all we know, having an overbearing, distant adoptive mom could actually be good for him.

Coster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I severely dislike Clara from Doctor Who. She contributes absolutely nothing of notable worth to the Doctor's continued adventures, and is the worst thing about Moffat's writing. She was cool before she actually became a companion, but she turned into a really smug cunt who basically functioned as an unlikable version of the Doctor with a vagina. The speech at the Rings of Akhaten is one of the moments that really won me over with Matt Smith being the 11th Doctor, and is probably in my top favorite moments with 11 - that is, until Clara has to come in and be all "hurr durr this leaf is the most important leaf." That was some of the most fucktarded circular reasoning I've ever heard.

My favorite part about the 12th Doctor is that he doesn't seem to respect anyone, and especially doesn't respect Clara. Peter Capaldi and Jeanna Louise-Coleman actually don't get along at all off-set is what I've heard, and it really shows.

Gothicserpent

kiwifarms.net
I severely dislike Clara from Doctor Who. She contributes absolutely nothing of notable worth to the Doctor's continued adventures, and is the worst thing about Moffat's writing. She was cool before she actually became a companion, but she turned into a really smug cunt who basically functioned as an unlikable version of the Doctor with a vagina. The speech at the Rings of Akhaten is one of the moments that really won me over with Matt Smith being the 11th Doctor, and is probably in my top favorite moments with 11 - that is, until Clara has to come in and be all "hurr durr this leaf is the most important leaf." That was some of the most fucktarded circular reasoning I've ever heard.

My favorite part about the 12th Doctor is that he doesn't seem to respect anyone, and especially doesn't respect Clara. Peter Capaldi and Jeanna Louise-Coleman actually don't get along at all off-set is what I've heard, and it really shows.
Hey, at least she's better then Amy Pond....

Coster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hey, at least she's better then Amy Pond....

Nah, I really loved Amy and Rory as the Doctor's companions. With just Amy, yeah, kind of found her annoying, but her and Rory presented a really fun dynamic with the 11th Doctor's loose screws. That, and the story of the girl who waited for the raggedy man really makes me shiver. For the Doctor, that was a small portion of his time without stopping and waiting, whereas Amy grew up her whole life wondering about who this strange man in the blue box really was.

Gothicserpent

kiwifarms.net
Nah, I really loved Amy and Rory as the Doctor's companions. With just Amy, yeah, kind of found her annoying, but her and Rory presented a really fun dynamic with the 11th Doctor's loose screws. That, and the story of the girl who waited for the raggedy man really makes me shiver. For the Doctor, that was a small portion of his time without stopping and waiting, whereas Amy grew up her whole life wondering about who this strange man in the blue box really was.
Except that Amy was pretty much abusive towards Rory, belittling him every chance she got and treating him like crap. Hell, she tried to make out with the Doctor before their wedding. I honestly wanted Rory to just separate from her as fast as possible.

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
Homer Simpson. In the first ten years, the character was a work of genius, this stupid guy who'd occasionally say things that were so stupid they verged on genius. He was a boorish idiot, but you couldn't help liking him, because you could identify with him, and when it came down to it he was a good guy trying to do the best for his family. Then he just became this wacky asshole who'd get a new job every week and went from "boorish idiot" to "psychotic manchild." To be honest, all the characters in The Simpsons suffered similar decay.

That's because Homer changed from boorish and stupid to being a jerkass. It's gotten to the point where Dan Castellaneta has refused to do certain lines or scenes because he doesn't feel it fit with who Homer is. He might be an unthinking oaf but he's not supposed to be mean on purpose.