TV and Movie Characters You Really Hate

A-Stump

Dr Robotdick
kiwifarms.net
Carl from The Walking Dead. What an annoying little piss-ant. I've seriously gone on long strikes from the show because he has no redeeming features. My brother once said it makes sense because he's a kid just growing up in tough times. I don't even care, he and his mother nearly ruined what was an ok show.

Oh and Skyler from Breaking Bad. What is up with these A&E wives being complete cunts. Really, it's a damn trend.

TastyWoodenBadge

My wooden badge was delicious
kiwifarms.net
Most of the cast of Family Guy (Brian especially, I hate how he was turned into a mouthpiece for McFarlane's political views), special mention to Peter because of how he was changed from a bumbling dad to a literal manchild.

Also everyone from The Room except Johnny, the doggie and Chris R.

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Seeing as how Family Guy is mentioned, I wanted to chime in but I feel that should only be done if I watched a few episodes recently. Still I may as well bite the bullet and just say who:
Brian Griffin: As some have said, he is basically a mouthpiece for the views of Seth McFarlane. I don't really care but Brian does end up being obnoxious.

Glenn Quagmire: Post-Cancellation he does some things that honestly are just wrong: stating he might have sex with his daughter, raping Marge Simpson and killing her family, nearly killing Brian after Brian slept with his trans-gendered father, and backs into Brian with his car at the end of "Tiegs for Two" (I haven't seen that episode but reading that it happens within the episode just feels wrong). At least there was one good thing I remember Quagmire done (taking out the abusive boyfriend of his sister).

Pikonic

Pre Merge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Da Pickle Monsta said:
I forget her name, but George Bluth Sr.'s secretary/mistress always struck me as super annoying and I always liked it when she was off-screen.
Kitty, she's also the secretary on Archer.

ChurchOfGodBear

He's just this guy, you know?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
c-no said:
Brian Griffin: As some have said, he is basically a mouthpiece for the views of Seth McFarlane. I don't really care but Brian does end up being obnoxious.

I can't stand Brian, knowing he's just an unapologetic Mary Sue. It's one thing to insert your political views into your work, that by itself is neither bad nor good. The problem I have is that Seth's extreme liberalism is one of the biggest reasons this once funny show is now unwatchable. Seth seems to have bought into the idea that electing Barck Obama as president magically cured the US of every problem it ever had. In the pre-cancellation years, FG appeared to have a cynical view towards everything in the world, which was often funny to watch when you were in that kind of a mood. Then Obama was elected, and suddenly government was revered because a Democrat was in office. Family Guy wasn't cynical toward the world... just toward Republicans. Apparently Seth can't tell a joke if it means making fun of his own guy.

Disclaimer: These observations come from watching FG loyally until around 2011. I catch the occasional new-ish episode in syndication, and have seen nothing to indicate the situation has changed.

cypocraphy

Deader than the parents on "Party Of Five"
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A-Stump said:
Carl from The Walking Dead. What an annoying little piss-ant. I've seriously gone on long strikes from the show because he has no redeeming features. My brother once said it makes sense because he's a kid just growing up in tough times. I don't even care, he and his mother nearly ruined what was an ok show.

Carl is awesome in the comics, and Lori was okay. The show is garbage.

Picklepower

This isnt even my final form
kiwifarms.net
I'm a liberal, but I really don't want a lot of politics in my comedy, or music. In comedy it usually gets things too serious and takes away the funny. Of course I do make an exception for David Cross and George Carlin, I love their stuff, and for me there political stuff makes me laugh and doesn't bum me out. With music even, I feel like getting too political takes away the fun, like I usually use music as escapism, and find some songs by Green Day, Rage against the machine, and System of a down, too political to be fun. Of course that doesn't mean that there aren't any songs of those bands that I enjoy. But back to comedy, take the pot episode of Family Guy, now I don't smoke, but I support legalization, maybe if I was a stoner I would have loved that episode, but I found it kinda boring, and a little preachy, like that musical number just goes on and on. The gay marriage episode felt a little off too, now if you know me even a little, you would know I am extremely pro gay marriage, but the episode felt odd, as it talked about such a serious matter, in a cartoon full of gay stereotypes. Now don't get me wrong, I am not offended by the portrayal of gays on the show or anything, its an over the top cartoon that makes fun of a lot of people, and I'll admit there are seasons I really like, but having that real world message felt inconsistent and out of place. On the flip side, the Quagmire rant at Brian that everyone on the internet loves, also struck me as pretty dumb, his character is an amoral (for the most part) pervert, that's the joke, so the rant is kinda out of place, I feel like that scene was only put in there to please a certain segment of the audience. Although that could have been worse, it could have been Herbert giving that rant to Brian LOL.

A-Stump

Dr Robotdick
kiwifarms.net
The Walking Dead show isn't ALL bad. If compared to the comic and the Telltale games (which could be debatable, I don't care) it seems kind of shitty but just look at it from the standpoint of being a standalone product. That's what I do. You know what I liked? The Governor was actually a actually pretty cool (nowhere as evil as the comic version though), the first few episodes, and the trials and tribulations of a few of the supporting characters. It's just that when Lori was alive, she made every bad decision you could ever make and constantly shifted the blame to either Shane when he was alive or Rick. Carl, on the other hand, they try to make him seem like a badass (which he actually IS in the comics) but instead what is related is some dumb kid constantly endangering people, being pretty damn mean to those who are supposed to be his friends, and getting lost. Carl can fall into a walker pit and die.

die carl

cypocraphy

Deader than the parents on "Party Of Five"
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A-Stump said:
The Walking Dead show isn't ALL bad. If compared to the comic and the Telltale games (which could be debatable, I don't care) it seems kind of shitty but just look at it from the standpoint of being a standalone product. That's what I do. You know what I liked? The Governor was actually a actually pretty cool (nowhere as evil as the comic version though), the first few episodes, and the trials and tribulations of a few of the supporting characters. It's just that when Lori was alive, she made every bad decision you could ever make and constantly shifted the blame to either Shane when he was alive or Rick. Carl, on the other hand, they try to make him seem like a badass (which he actually IS in the comics) but instead what is related is some dumb kid constantly endangering people, being pretty damn mean to those who are supposed to be his friends, and getting lost. Carl can fall into a walker pit and die.

die carl

I just do my best to pretend the show doesn't exist.

Thank God issue 119 comes out tomorrow. :medallion:

Da Pickle Monsta

Should Have Been Bullied
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pikonic said:
Da Pickle Monsta said:
I forget her name, but George Bluth Sr.'s secretary/mistress always struck me as super annoying and I always liked it when she was off-screen.
Kitty, she's also the secretary on Archer.

Oh yeah, Kitty. Shit, I hated Kitty. I know that was how her character was supposed to be but damn.

caffeinated_wench

kiwifarms.net
bungholio said:
A-Stump said:

Carl is awesome in the comics, and Lori was okay. The show is garbage.
I need to check out the comics. Those two were part of the reason I lost interest in the show.

G

GV 002

kiwifarms.net
Picklepower said:
...take the pot episode of Family Guy, now I don't smoke, but I support legalization, maybe if I was a stoner I would have loved that episode, but I found it kinda boring, and a little preachy, like that musical number just goes on and on. The gay marriage episode felt a little off too, now if you know me even a little, you would know I am extremely pro gay marriage, but the episode felt odd, as it talked about such a serious matter, in a cartoon full of gay stereotypes. Now don't get me wrong, I am not offended by the portrayal of gays on the show or anything, its an over the top cartoon that makes fun of a lot of people, and I'll admit there are seasons I really like, but having that real world message felt inconsistent and out of place. On the flip side, the Quagmire rant at Brian that everyone on the internet loves, also struck me as pretty dumb, his character is an amoral (for the most part) pervert, that's the joke, so the rant is kinda out of place, I feel like that scene was only put in there to please a certain segment of the audience. Although that could have been worse, it could have been Herbert giving that rant to Brian LOL.

Speaking of scenes that people thought were out of place, I thought this one was really, really unnecessary and not funny -

[youtube]bDrTJO8CroI[/youtube]

The Hunter

Border Hopping Taco Bender
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I can't bring myself to legitimately hate a character on TV because, well, it's entertainment, not my life, but Vinny, Brian's temporary replacement on Family Guy was not only funnier and an all around better character than Brian, but also more important to the show than Brian was or ever will be. I was more sad when Brian came back to life than when he died.

Just sayin'.

darkhorse816

WOOF!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Okay, I have more:

Annie from Annie: Other than being too perfect, sickingly optimistic, and in need of a straightener, she's an effing hypocrite. She regularly sticks up for the other orphans and protects them, but when she stays with Daddy Warbucks, she does nothing to help them. She never tells him how they are being abused. She acts selfless but as soon as she gets to live with Warbucks, she forgets about saving the fucking orphans. This is a guy with money, with connections. He's friends with the friggin President, and she doesn't take the chance to report how she and a bunch of little girls are being abused by an alcoholic woman. That's a huge plothole.

Megan from Drake And Josh: There's this unspoken rule if you are an older sibling: you cannot hit your younger sibling. You can roughhouse, but you can't hit them. Why? Because they are younger than you. But there's a double standard: they can hit you. They can get away with a lot because they are the youngest. They don't "know better." Drake and Josh pretty much exploited that rule. Now, why would I watch a show with a character I despise so much? Because when it first aired, I had a little crush on Drake Bell (I still do). At the time, (winter February-ish 2004) I was the only person in my whole middle school who loved the Beatles. Everyone would go out of their way to tell me how much the Beatles sucked. I found out Drake Bell was a huge Beatles fan before the show started airing, and this was the biggest thing in the world for me. So yeah, Drake is hot, he's playing the guitar, and then, oh shit, it's Megan. Megan is one of the most chilling, evil characters ever created. And the writers assumed she would be funny. Inflicting physical pain on your older brothers is not funny. And getting away with it is even less funny. Seriously, she gets away with it. Her pranks aren't charming, they are disgusting. Megan is the Hannibal Lecter of Nickelodeon, only Hannibal was more charming than her, and that's saying a lot. She's a Villain Sue, she never gets punished, and when her brothers rightfully decide to take vengeance on her, she always outsmarts them and they get in trouble. In one episode, she put hot sauce in their food and soda. In another episode, she stole Drake's leather jacket and Josh's computer to use her telescope, and when they confronted her for it, she lied on the ground and screamed, told her parents they pushed her, and they got punished. In another episode, Megan trapped them in an unfinished treehouse (essentially a wooden box with no door) and tortured them by grilling burgers outside of it. And the audience laughs and laughs. And she doesn't get punished for this! This is what a serial killer would do. This isn't funny. And I honestly wanted to see an episode where Drake and Josh get payback and get away with it. That would be awesome. But I guess the big underlying reason I hate her is because I have a little sister. And around the time the show aired, she turned into a little bitch. She found Megan funny and assumed that if she could torture her siblings and get away with it, so could she. My little sister hit me, punched me, called my names, tattled on me for talking to her, treated me like I was a subspecies of the human race, and she got away with it. If I hit her, I would get punished. And I tried not to because she's my little sister, she's smaller than me, it's not a fair fight. And Megan was the catalyst which caused this embarrassing shit to happen.

TastyWoodenBadge

My wooden badge was delicious
kiwifarms.net
darkhorse816 said:
Megan from Drake And Josh: There's this unspoken rule if you are an older sibling: you cannot hit your younger sibling. You can roughhouse, but you can't hit them. Why? Because they are younger than you. But there's a double standard: they can hit you. They can get away with a lot because they are the youngest. They don't "know better." Drake and Josh pretty much exploited that rule. Now, why would I watch a show with a character I despise so much? Because when it first aired, I had a little crush on Drake Bell (I still do). At the time, (winter February-ish 2004) I was the only person in my whole middle school who loved the Beatles. Everyone would go out of their way to tell me how much the Beatles sucked. I found out Drake Bell was a huge Beatles fan before the show started airing, and this was the biggest thing in the world for me. So yeah, Drake is hot, he's playing the guitar, and then, oh shit, it's Megan. Megan is one of the most chilling, evil characters ever created. And the writers assumed she would be funny. Inflicting physical pain on your older brothers is not funny. And getting away with it is even less funny. Seriously, she gets away with it. Her pranks aren't charming, they are disgusting. Megan is the Hannibal Lecter of Nickelodeon, only Hannibal was more charming than her, and that's saying a lot. She's a Villain Sue, she never gets punished, and when her brothers rightfully decide to take vengeance on her, she always outsmarts them and they get in trouble. In one episode, she put hot sauce in their food and soda. In another episode, she stole Drake's leather jacket and Josh's computer to use her telescope, and when they confronted her for it, she lied on the ground and screamed, told her parents they pushed her, and they got punished. In another episode, Megan trapped them in an unfinished treehouse (essentially a wooden box with no door) and tortured them by grilling burgers outside of it. And the audience laughs and laughs. And she doesn't get punished for this! This is what a serial killer would do. This isn't funny. And I honestly wanted to see an episode where Drake and Josh get payback and get away with it. That would be awesome. But I guess the big underlying reason I hate her is because I have a little sister. And around the time the show aired, she turned into a little bitch. She found Megan funny and assumed that if she could torture her siblings and get away with it, so could she. My little sister hit me, punched me, called my names, tattled on me for talking to her, treated me like I was a subspecies of the human race, and she got away with it. If I hit her, I would get punished. And I tried not to because she's my little sister, she's smaller than me, it's not a fair fight. And Megan was the catalyst which caused this embarrassing shit to happen.

I forgot how much of a colossal bitch Megan was.

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
darkhorse816 said:
There's this unspoken rule if you are an older sibling: you cannot hit your younger sibling.

That's a stupid rule. I hit my brother all the time, little bastard had it coming.

Megan from Drake And Josh

Dan Schneider seems to have a serious hard-on for children/teenagers who act like assholes. There's Megan, Sam from iCarly, and Jade from Victorious. Does he have any other shows? Because I'm sure there's sociopaths in those as well.

Android raptor

"an honest-to-God BPD womanchild misanthrope"
kiwifarms.net
Most of the characters I despise are beloved children's cartoon characters. Oops

Littlefoot from The Land Before Time: I have an irrational hate for the movie in general that seethes with the intensity of 1000 supernova, but he's probably on of the things about it I despise most. As a kid I'd like to imagine the scene with his mom dying ended with him being disemboweled and eaten alive as she lay dying. I still laugh when she bites it. Yes, I know I'm awful.

Tommy, DeeDee and Suzie from Rugrats: I also hate the show in general, but they were probably the worst thing about it. Tommy as a bland psuedo-Gary Stu thing, Deedee was obnoxious, and Suzie was both a horrendously obnoxious goodie-goodie, but also a textbook example of a token. Seriously, even as a kid I knew the only reason she was there was to have a black kid for hurr diversity. I didn't feel that about the minority characters in other shit like Hey Arnold, probably because they were actually decently written and had more purpose than being there for PC points.

Simba and Mufasa from the Lion King: Not going to go into this too much because it's a bit personal, but these two just... no. To keep with the trend of horrendous reactions to movie moments generally regarded as extremely tragic (see Littlefoot's mom), I tend to cheer when he bites it.

I thiiink the reason my hatred for these kids characters probably has to do with the fact that I've hated them since I was a kid, thus it's only grown more intense.

darkhorse816

WOOF!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really hate Starfire from the Teen Titans animated TV series. She's a fucking bimbo. And I'm one of those weird Robin/Raven shippers, so I guess I'm really biased. At least on the TV show, Robin and Starfire shouldn't be together. She's a FUCKING BIMBO! Her voice annoys me, the way she talks annoys me. She doesn't understand earth customs, BULLSHIT! I went to high school with girls like her, so I guess that makes me biased as well.

Zoey from Zoey 101 :

Another Dan Schneider show. I wrote a paper my Junior year of high school on why Zoey 101 should get cancelled based off of the basis that Zoey is a character who has no flaws surrounded by characters who do and makes the audience feel bad, and makes little girls feel like they have to be like her and they can't be like the flawed characters around her, as they are too "extreme". It got an A for some reason. They make the skater girl a grumpy bitch, and a nerdy girl a total freak! Zoey is bland, and an opportunity to capitalize off Britney Spears's untalented younger sister. All the rest of the characters worship her, she always gets a leadership position, she constantly eats healthy (let's teach girls to be anorexics), and every male character has a crush on her. Oh, and she's good at every single sport while the rest of the girls suck. Oh wait, she has one flaw! She doesn't know how to use birth control--oh wait, that's Jamie Lynn Spears herself! (I know, I know, that was mean... but it was kind of funny). Also the actors on set hated her apparently. And two of the actresses who got pissed at her were mysteriously written out. And once Britney Spears went to set and said to the girl "You'll never work in this town again!" From what I can tell, it was Jamie who caused the conflict--not the other two actresses, and I can't blame them for getting into a fight with her--you're second banana to a girl who only has the lead because her sister is a popstar. I find the most ironic thing about all of this is that Dan Schneider was on a show called Head of the Class (he started out as an actor). It was a class full of the smart kids--the geeks, the socially inept kids. So clearly, he would be more sympathetic to creating naturally flawed characters, but no, he grinds out Mary Sue Leads who have their names in the titles!