TV and Movie Characters You Really Hate

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
JarlaxleBaenre said:
Any of the characters in Game of Thrones that despise Jaime for killing the Mad King. Given the circumstances, I think he made the right decision.
You know what? I have a problem with stories like Game of Thrones. I think it's an excellent show - but the very premise is difficult for me to get into. Because it's all about nobles and royals who start wars because they have temper tantrums. Someone offended my honor? Ooh, I'm going to invade their city and slaughter their kids and take their crown. I demand fealty from all those who claim to love me, you must fight for me! Never mind that I'm demanding all your children go die in my war because someone insulted me, I'm the big bad lord! I deserve for my feelings to be important! The rest of you should support me because I was born to someone who also made similar claims! Never mind that I will never, ever experience what it's like to go hungry or not have a roof over my head while the rest of you have to fight just to survive in our barbaric, backwards-ass kingdom!

...yeah, I don't like the concept of royalty or hereditary honors in general.

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Alec Benson Leary said:
JarlaxleBaenre said:
Any of the characters in Game of Thrones that despise Jaime for killing the Mad King. Given the circumstances, I think he made the right decision.
You know what? I have a problem with stories like Game of Thrones. I think it's an excellent show - but the very premise is difficult for me to get into. Because it's all about nobles and royals who start wars because they have temper tantrums. Someone offended my honor? Ooh, I'm going to invade their city and slaughter their kids and take their crown. I demand fealty from all those who claim to love me, you must fight for me! Never mind that I'm demanding all your children go die in my war because someone insulted me, I'm the big bad lord! I deserve for my feelings to be important! The rest of you should support me because I was born to someone who also made similar claims! Never mind that I will never, ever experience what it's like to go hungry or not have a roof over my head while the rest of you have to fight just to survive in our barbaric, backwards-ass kingdom!

...yeah, I don't like the concept of royalty or hereditary honors in general.

Alec...did you have something to do with Diana?

caffeinated_wench

kiwifarms.net
I'm going to add Bloom from Winx Club. The Adoption thread reminded me how much I loathe her for her general behavior... and especially how she treats her adoptive parents in the movie after she reunites with her birth parents.

I mean, shit.... from the time she was a baby, those two were the ones who raised her, supported her, nurtured her, accepted her, and unconditionally loved her... But the moment her birth parents show up, they become her "real parents" and the adoptive ones are kicked to the curb. She even starts calling her adoptive parents by their first names.

And don't even get me started about the whole Bloom-Sky-Diaspro love triangle.

darkhorse816

WOOF!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When they showed Winx Club on Cartoon Network, and I had nothing else better to do, I'd watch it, and Bloom was so bland, I didn't give a crap about her--and she was the main character!

I never got to the whole thing where she finds her birth parents, I gave up on the show when I realized it wasn't going to focus on all of the fairies who seemed cooler than Bloom, but if she's treating her adoptive parents, the parents who raised her and gave her all of their unconditional love, like this, then she is a total bitch!

One of my personal favorite shows to watch is the Super Sentai series (it's been around since the 70s, and wasn't adapted in the states as Power Rangers until the 90s).

Most of the teams are extremely likeable, at worst, you'll get a few team members that you really hate. But if it's one sentai team where I hate all of the characters, it's Boukenger. It's one of the shows where you'll watch a few episodes, hoping for more (it was one of the anniversary series) but find yourself not giving a rats' ass about the protagonists.

Red was a jerk.
Black was a whiny super jerk.
Blue was bland.
Yellow was a trainwreck and insult to Yellow Rangers and people who wear pigtails, who should not have been on the team. The only reason she was was probably because she made the others look good.
Pink was a Mary Sue who was second-in-command for no reason, perfect, every guy on the team wanted to bang her, but, oh no, she has a flaw--she's in love with Red, and at the end, they get together in this disgusting forced romance.
Silver was some kind of Inyuasha rip-off, or something, I don't know, I don't care.

Now, if it's one Sentai character, throughout the 38 series that earns my ire... well.. stay tuned. Heh heh heh.

A-Stump

Dr Robotdick
kiwifarms.net
I hate any character that felt shoehorned into kid's shows in the nineties. They did this with the live-action TMNT show which was bad to begin with, but they added the female turtle and it felt like the atypical nineties attempt a trying to make everything unbiased. I call it the 'Burger King Kids Club' effect because it seemed like everyone was arbitrarily adding black people, women, disabled people, etc to media which already had established characters in a bid to seem progressive. It instead felt forced and ungenuine.

caffeinated_wench

kiwifarms.net
When they showed Winx Club on Cartoon Network, and I had nothing else better to do, I'd watch it, and Bloom was so bland, I didn't give a crap about her--and she was the main character!

I never got to the whole thing where she finds her birth parents, I gave up on the show when I realized it wasn't going to focus on all of the fairies who seemed cooler than Bloom, but if she's treating her adoptive parents, the parents who raised her and gave her all of their unconditional love, like this, then she is a total bitch!
She doesn't seem to think too highly of her friends, either, considering she left because "BAAAAW MY BOYFRIEND AND I BROKE UP." Didn't even say goodbye. She acts so selfishly, I have to wonder why she's the main character. Personally, I liked Flora better. She was kind. Stella was actually pretty good, too. I didn't like her at first, but she knows when to get over herself, unlike Bloom.

Bloom really is bland. The only traits that stick out are the bitchy ones.

How Bloom acts about her parents is totally unacceptable, especially in a "heroic" character. For me, at least. She's a potential role model in a show for girls, and she's acting like that? Fuck that noise.

I mean, they totally accepted her powers, too! That's some serious love right there, and she tosses it all aside. Such a good lesson.

telegramsamo

Dead Fink
kiwifarms.net
I know I'm probably biased because of my intense dislike for Jason Biggs, but I really hate Larry from Orange is the New Black. He's so dull. Every character is interesting in some way, except for him. All he does is sit around and whine.

IcyHotWings

Baked Potato Superstar
kiwifarms.net
Pam on the office, post marrying jim. She just turned the bitch switch on overnight.

On that note, Erin in the last season. It was practically Jim and Pam rehashed and it turned a nice, funny character into a total bitch... Kind of like Pam, only this time it happened before the marriage. The new guy was a Mary-Sue, and despite how neutral I felt toward him in previous seasons, I didn't really like how they just fucked Andy over completely.

Ariel

Sorbet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nellie from The Office (US), I have to FF through the scenes she is in. Catherine Tate is just about the least funny person ever.

Mogambo

stung by a scorpion
kiwifarms.net
On that note, Erin in the last season. It was practically Jim and Pam rehashed and it turned a nice, funny character into a total bitch... Kind of like Pam, only this time it happened before the marriage. The new guy was a Mary-Sue, and despite how neutral I felt toward him in previous seasons, I didn't really like how they just fucked Andy over completely.

Meh, I didn't mind Erin so much, mostly because Ellie Kemper is cute (and even cuter in those little blouses and pencil skirts; yeah, I've got a thing for secretaries). But Pam turned into a bitch in the last season, and Jim was kind of unlikable too. Really the whole marriage thing wore thin for me. I just kind of stopped caring about their characters after a certain point.

But Robert California really got on my nerves. His character just wasn't funny, and he wasn't very likable either. He'd have a good line here or there, but mostly it was like one big joke that just dragged on and on. Could have been worse I suppose. It could have been Jim Carrey. His character was just as annoying. I was so glad he didn't wind up as the boss.

ToroidalBoat

wat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I hate any character that felt shoehorned into kid's shows in the nineties.
Remember that guest star on Rugrats? Some pop star played the voice of some young girl that was shoehorned into some of the episodes.

That being said, I don't really hate fictional characters.

Also, I liked Wesley Crusher in STNG (I hear he's not that popular of a character). Nowadays, I don't mind either way. The "Shut up, Wesley!" line sometimes comes to mind though for some reason when I hear about him.

Last edited:

exball

He's fat! Iiiiii'm thin!
kiwifarms.net
Also, I liked Wesley Crusher in STNG (I hear he's not that popular of a character). Nowadays, I don't mind either way. The "Shut up, Wesley!" line sometimes comes to mind though for some reason when I hear about him.
Hi Will Wheaton

Kamen Rider Black RX

Winner: Cole Smithey Award for Valued Opinion
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
ferbus-mr.jpg