TV stations hiring private investigators to comb through reality stars' social media posts to check for racism amid Black Lives Matter - Yeah, this will DEFINITELY end well and it will go REALLY smoothly

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
You know, the original quote goes "First they came for the Communists." We really, really, should've let them get rid of the Communists.
"Then they came for the liberals, and I did not speak out because I was not a liberal.
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
They stopped coming for people after that, because they'd basically gotten rid of all the nutcases who were fucking things up."

There's a reason they don't teach kids about Pinochet or the Thermadorian Reaction: because they worked.

SojuDrnkr

You pissing your pants yet?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I guess Whites are superior to blacks, since they're obviously thirsty for our validation. So much so, that they complained to companies enough for them to hire a PI to comb through their White celebs' Twitter account to make sure they love da blaxxx.
blackbrother.jpg

KimCoppolaAficionado

The most underrated actor of the 21st century
kiwifarms.net
"Then they came for the liberals, and I did not speak out because I was not a liberal.
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
They stopped coming for people after that, because they'd basically gotten rid of all the nutcases who were fucking things up."

There's a reason they don't teach kids about Pinochet or the Thermadorian Reaction: because they worked.
1. If your world history class covers the French Revolution at all in high school, then it covers the Thermadorian Reaction. Clearly, your class didn't, because
2. The French Directorate, while made up of members of the right wing, were liberals within their historical context, being pro-Republicans who engaged in a campaign of deposing the rest of Europe's monarchies and believing in the concept of unalienable rights and liberte, fraternite, egalite. Only someone with a facile understanding of Revolutionary France would categorize them as anti-liberal, as opposed to being against the excesses of the Reign of Terror's government. They even continued the anti-noble, anti-clerical policies of the Jacobins and the persecution of anti-Republican (or insufficiently pro-Republican) citizens in a reduced form. In addition
3. The Directorate failed. Its economy was deeply dysfunctional, defined by wild inflation during the first phase followed by a total collapse of wages and price in the second, its military adventures resulted in grinding foreign campaigns that overextended the taxed French logistical lines, and by the second election, 7 months before the end of the Directorate, the neo-Jacobins, who held almost all of the same ideas that led to the Reign of Terror in the first place, achieved a majority. The reason Napoleon successfully seized power and decreed himself Emperor was because the people were tired of the Directorate's failure as a state and wanted anything that would act as a check against a second Reign of Terror.
But they sure owned those libs in your mind, so I guess the facts don't matter.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
I understand why they are doing this: They want to get ahead of things and prevent a big shitstorm scandal starting up after they hire somebody. I mean it sucks when you bring somebody on board and then that person becomes front page news because of something naughty that was said 10 years agao.

But Jesus Christ! Has everyone become so afraid of the twitter mob that they have to go to this level to avoid pissing them off? Does those online valiant warriors realize they are basically the Religious Right now except significantly worse?

-4ZURE-

-Terminated-
kiwifarms.net
I guess Whites are superior to blacks, since they're obviously thirsty for our validation. So much so, that they complained to companies enough for them to hire a PI to comb through their White celebs' Twitter account to make sure they love da blaxxx.
View attachment 1388947
Let’s be real. No black people asked. It was really just a 20-30 something year old white woman who identifies as an ally and has one of those fist symbols as her FaceBook, Twitter, and TikTok pfp.

stupidpieceofshit

Panzer Vor, Motherfuckers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
All I have to add is a quote from General Sherman

“The American press is a shame and a reproach to a civilized people. When a man is too lazy to work and too cowardly to steal, he becomes an editor and manufactures public opinion.”