• "Normally we would use lemons but this time we will use a stick"

Infected TV Tropes community

Discussion in 'Community Watch' started by Philosophy Nong, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Shit like this is why I'm cautious with trans headcanons. It's almost always based on gender essentialist bullshit and the "Samus is a trans woman" bullshit proves it.

"BUFF AND TALL WOMAN?! MUST HAVE BEEN DMAB! SAMUS IS A TRANS GRIL PASS IT ON, LOL!"

Yeah, all women are small and slender and girly. Those who aren't must be trans women. SO PROGRESSIVE AND FEMINIST, LOL.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Autistic Autistic x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    WatchingAllOfYou

WatchingAllOfYou Ceiling Cat is my soulmate

kiwifarms.net
  2. Remember though most troons are also blatant waifufags who want a shy, demure lesbian cuddle partner. There's no way a tall, muscular, gritty mercenary like Samus could possibly be a girl.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Replicant Sasquatch

Replicant Sasquatch Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?

kiwifarms.net
  3. From Thomas the Tank Engine:
    [​IMG]
    Oh, yes, "thankfully" they brought in a railway consultant. I was beginning to worry that the show about sentient trains with faces was getting too unrealistic!

• Feels Feels x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    Darwin Watterson

Darwin Watterson FOXDICK FARMS SOCK DARWIN WATTERSON
    True & Honest Fan Wiki Sysop

kiwifarms.net

4. They're TOYS.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Replicant Sasquatch

Replicant Sasquatch Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?

kiwifarms.net
  5. Oh, that science bullshit? lol. Guess "gender essentialist" is the new word they came up with just to avoid admitting they're anti-evolutionary biology.

Though the double standard is still ironic; claiming a video game character must be "transgender" because they look masculine, while at the same time claiming that gender is just a social construct, something based on outdated Tabula Rasa theory that's more or less been debunked by modern biology anyway.

Well it makes about as much sense as "gender is a social construct... but being gay is genetic" anyway.

Regardless I can guarantee that the creator never intended for Samus to be a tranny, so this is just their pitiful attempts at retconning their deviance into fiction even when the author never intended it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    StraightShooter

StraightShooter Short, sweet, and to the point

kiwifarms.net
  6. Except there's nothing scientific about "all women who are tall and athletic are secretly men".

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    Alberto Balsalm

Alberto Balsalm With a Sudden Jerk and Involuntary Gesture

kiwifarms.net
  7. It's actually a triple insult. It insults women by insinuating they have to be men to be athletic. It insults men by saying most of them cosplay as women if they want to be seen as female and sporty, and it insults the transgender by accusing any who fit that body type of BSing their gender to fit a stereotype.

It's one of the most bigoted and insensitive things anyone could argue in good faith if you ask me.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    GethN7

True & Honest Fan Verified

kiwifarms.net
  8. Or "all men who aren't masculine and macho are secretly women".

• Agree Agree x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  9. 1. It's a biological reality that excessive masculine behaviors in females and excessive feminine behaviors in males decrease sex appeal not just in humans but other species; beyond that people can do what they want, but if a woman decides to take steroids and put on 300 lbs of pure lean muscle mass, she shouldn't be suprised when she gets hit on by lesbians more than men, her choice.

Same with freaks who cross-dress - dress up like a woman and perpetuate your psychosis all you damn well want, but then don't expect anyone to do anything other than laugh when you go on Tumblr to whine about why you're a single virgin who gets called a "faggot" by all the guys in your grade.

If reality is bigoted, then the problem's the denialists, not reality.

And the only "sensitivity" they really deserve is a bullet or a death camp, which ever's cheaper on the taxpayer.

• A-Log A-Log x 11
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    StraightShooter

kiwifarms.net
  10. Not women, but I can guarantee you that Liberace is much more likely to "swing the other way" than Bruce Willis. Not that this needs to be pointed out since it's common sense anyway, and the only reason folks even pretend to debate simple axioms like this is because PC is trendy today.

But yeah, the website is hypocritical for not being consistent with their mythological PC bullshit, I agree.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    StraightShooter

kiwifarms.net
  11. I think you need a definition of "gender essentialism", because I honestly have no idea what the hell you're thinking everyone else is saying here.

Gender essentialism is the idea that gender roles and gender are the exact same thing. Gender roles define gender, and gender defines gender roles. If every single female character in a novel secretly dreams of becoming a housewife and raising kids, even if they have nothing in common besides being women, that's an example of gender essentialism. If someone says that a male character must actually be a trans woman because he likes to wear pink and read romance novels, that's another example of gender essentialism. The philosophy doesn't criticize people who aren't gender-conforming, it outright denies that they exist, which is what makes it gay and unrealistic.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Alberto Balsalm

Alberto Balsalm With a Sudden Jerk and Involuntary Gesture

kiwifarms.net
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Uncanny Valley

Uncanny Valley not as smart as she looks
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. Well don't mind me too much, I just like triggering people. But apparently there's a lot of confusion about who is arguing what. All I will say is that the consensus seems to be that both nature and nurture play some role in how people behave, however the trendy SJW notion that there are "no differences" between the sexes other than the genitals is more or less bull.

• Autistic Autistic x 4
    StraightShooter

kiwifarms.net
  13. You sure you're not the triggered one? This seems like a big deal for you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Locksnap

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. Meh...

• Autistic Autistic x 7
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    #2055 StraightShooter, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    StraightShooter

kiwifarms.net
    • Agree Agree x 3
    #2056 Munchingonfish, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    kiwifarms.net
  15. And here I thought the 'just train wrong' quotes were the most autistic thing I'd read in this thread.

• Feels Feels x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  16. This may be power-leveling, but I used to browse the TV Tropes Wiki out of boredom back in high school. Even contemplated joining their forums at one point.

Thank God I did not go through with it. Now TV Tropes has become so riddled with SJW's, unregulated autism, and fan wank, I can't even stomach the wiki anymore.

• Feels Feels x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Syaoran Li

Syaoran Li There's Whiskey In The Jar!

kiwifarms.net
  17. I saw this on the Old Shame page for Western Animation:
    • Most of the crew, including Stephen Hillenburg, hate the Spongebob Squarepants episode "One Coarse Meal" for the way Mr. Krabs treated Plankton, nearly driving him to suicide, and getting away with it. The only crew members who liked the episode are the writers of said episode, Zeus Cervas and Casey Alexander. Just...think about that.
    Gee, I wonder who could have written this entry....

• Feels Feels x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    The Decimator

The Decimator Boring Man

kiwifarms.net
  18. That loser with that "Growing Around" cartoon...which I heard he turned into a book (unless Encyclopedia Dramatica lied to me or it's a joke).

• Agree Agree x 6
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are fascinating for reasons distinct to each spectator. We document the phenomenon, with every member bringing different perspectives and opinions to discussion. It is this diversity which has caused our peculiar community to thrive.

• Affiliates

• Power our Autism

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.