Infected TV Tropes community -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
Tropers like Sucker Punch apparently because its feminist or something about Hollywood and Weinstein i assume.I always thought Sucker Punch was Snyder using the 'its feminist action' as an excuse to film girls 20 years younger than him and not get the 'creepy old man' accusation.
There's a lot of people out there who'll argue it's feminist. I don't see it, but to each his own.

Wakko Warner

kiwifarms.net
I found out the identity of the Simple Samosa guy we mentioned earlier on another trope page:
simplesamosaidentity.PNG
And this here is his profile:
Hi there!
I'm just another young American troper.
When I started out on this wiki, I was mainly interested in internet series. My earliest contributions showed a leaning towards internet memes like Sans Gaming or works that had undergone Memetic Mutation like Kahoot!.
But early 2018, I became interested in anime and Indian animation after getting into Ninja Hattori (again due to Memetic Mutation). Around October I got into Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf. I became a fan of Chinese animation and other Asian Animation. I still enjoy Western Animation just as much, though.
I tend to edit or create pages for obscure foreign cartoons, ones that very few Americans have heard of. I want to make pages for a lot more of those shows (particularly the ones by Fujiko Fujio, Creative Power Entertaining, and the Indian equivalents of the big three. I might enjoy those shows even if they aren't well-liked in their home countries, like Simple Samosa (yeah, that show's a trainwreck, but I like it anyway).
I also create pages for notable Long-Runners, a few notable Musicians, games, etc. that somehow don't have pages, like Oyako Club, Luis Fonsi, PGA Tour and Maths Mansion. I want to try giving some Artists pages, but I haven't done that yet.
I still create pages on Web Original media like BroFilms. I know that I'll never give every Web Original work a page because there are just so many works on the wide internet. But I'll do my best to create some.
Other pages are just random and out-of-the-blue decisions of mine like the Health Hotline page. Don't ask me why I made that.
On the Lumper vs. Splitter debate, I used to be a splitter who wanted to give everything its own page. But since then, my attitude has changed, and now I'm usually a lumper who thinks everything's neater on one page. Depending on the work and its trope count, you might be able to convince me that a split is justified.
I have a tendency to make pages really quickly if I don't actually know a work all that well, like Happy Family or Mole's World. I also almost never crosswick my examples, but hey, 2.0 will do that for me one day.
I frequent Ask The Tropers and some of the forum projects. I just like seeing what's going on elsewhere on the wiki. I think I spend more time reading those sections (along with checking/reading my watchlist) than I spend actually reading the wiki.
Finally, I inexplicably became friends with Spark Plug The Troper because we were both fans of the obscure Indian cartoon Simple Samosa and we talked about it in the Lost Media Wiki Discord server together. We both knew of each other before we met, though. We have quite a few interests in common and we often work together on this wiki (for instance, we both want to Trope Overdose Doraemon, Happy Heroes, and Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf).
Pages created by me (fully-crosswicked pages are bolded):note
So aside from liking little kids' stuff and anime, he also likes a toy series aimed at young girls, anime, a soccermom group (Common Sense Media), educational videos and television commercials. And he even admitted that some of his decisions were random...

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Guys, we got ‘em. And from the looks of it, we already have a mini lolcow.
Also, you notice they mention “the Lost Media Wiki” which from my personal experience, is practically a mini breeding ground for these kind of individuals
LMW is something I have to begrudgingly appreciate. I admire that they find all these lost films and TV shows (with outside help of course), but their users feel like the rejected offspring of a TVTropes/CLG Wiki/Wikia three-way.

Wakko Warner

kiwifarms.net
Guys, we got ‘em. And from the looks of it, we already have a mini lolcow.
Also, you notice they mention “the Lost Media Wiki” which from my personal experience, is practically a mini breeding ground for these kind of individuals
My guess is that any entry related to that is probably bringing awareness to the shows that fall under that criteria, since most of them are obscure. Some average Joe might see the page on a show considered "lost media" on TVTropes and then realize that they actually have a physical copy upon reading it. I don't know if that could be considered good or bad. There's even an entire trope dedicated to this where some of the entries literally tell the viewers "If you have any episodes of this, please put them online and safeguard the physical copies!".

Syaoran Li

Let The Good Times Roll
kiwifarms.net
My guess is that any entry related to that is probably bringing awareness to the shows that fall under that criteria, since most of them are obscure. Some average Joe might see the page on a show considered "lost media" on TVTropes and then realize that they actually have a physical copy upon reading it. I don't know if that could be considered good or bad. There's even an entire trope dedicated to this where some of the entries literally tell the viewers "If you have any episodes of this, please put them online and safeguard the physical copies!".
Again, I'll give a pass to the existence of the page as a concept, but troper autism permeates a lot of the entries on the page

Thanks to our perma-fucked copyright laws, a lot of movies and shows have become unavailable or are only available in obscure or obsolete formats, or even if they had a release on a currently available format, they're long out of print.

The original unedited theatrical version of Star Wars is an example of the former (hasn't been released since VHS) while the original Dawn of the Dead from the 70's is an example of the latter (hasn't gotten a proper release since the Anchor Bay DVD's from the early 2000's) and both have external factors that keep them rare such as Lucas/Disney insisting only the remasters remain available or Richard Rubenstein charging too much money to license Dawn of the Dead for Blu-Ray and streaming.

Oglooger

God isn't dead!BUT I'LL GET THAT BASTARD SOME DAY!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I decided to check the page on the 2010's because I remembered that they had pages for each decades.
here's the page on the 2010's
1579143698019.png

1579143745440.png
1579143757289.png

1579143805949.png

1579143844097.png
1579143878564.png

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
I decided to check the page on the 2010's because I remembered that they had pages for each decades.
here's the page on the 2010's
Anyone who compares the real world to any dystopian story, especially Idiocracy, should never be taken seriously especially considering the shit in that movie happened only because of a bunch of dumbass hillbillies constantly breeding, not a bunch of "anti-intellectuals" rising up in society. I bet $10 this guy is a Movieblob fan.

If Russia did get involved in the 2016 election, since Hillary openly declared hostile intent to war with them I can't really blame them. But in all seriousness, the russian troll thing is dumb and anyone who believes that Russia has a special team of computer experts who want to divide America should look into a mirror since they are dividing it by implying anyone who disagrees or acts on an extreme are not real people.

WatchingAllOfYou

Ceiling Cat is my soulmate
kiwifarms.net
Because I run a trope wiki and we have idiots and assholes like everyone else, here's some fun autism:

This illiterate was spamming all sorts of crap that was basically unreadable, and when we made it so they couldn't edit the page they were shitting up, we got this autistic meltdown.
Whoa there, dude. What the Hell's up with him.

Also, just WHAT the Hell is up with this King Phelous dude in the Wikia version of ATT? I've seen him get PA before if his edits are ever modified or you don't share his MCU or SW opinions, but now he seems to be fixated on another user and pitching fits at him for his "Scorsese attitude" aka having his own opinions about MCU/Disney. :story:

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Whoa there, dude. What the Hell's up with him.

Also, just WHAT the Hell is up with this King Phelous dude in the Wikia version of ATT? I've seen him get PA before if his edits are ever modified or you don't share his MCU or SW opinions, but now he seems to be fixated on another user and pitching fits at him for his "Scorsese attitude" aka having his own opinions about MCU/Disney. :story:
As to the Miraheze guy, he's part of the reason we decided to cut anon contribution off for awhile.

As to that other guy, I gave him a mild warning to chill, but I may need to to make it sterner.

iafiv

kiwifarms.net
Apparently false rape accusations don't happen or something.And having people under the control of the devil(who is portrayed as the ultimate evil since its a horror movie) rape someone in a brutal way is bad because the devil wouldn't do that????Even the devil needs to be woke these days?Kind of weird to complain that a horror movie which is also a period piece has 'values dissonance'.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
In terms of users who go to the forums, who are the most lul-worthy lolcows on there?
All the ones I most remember are banned now. ED had an article on this diaperfag/fetishist type who'd post there, it was a good read back in the day. There's also Adric, a white guy with a school shooter bowlcut who claims to be Hispanic and SJW rhetoric so batshit insane even the others didn't want him. And Nate Spidgewood of course, kid is pure autism.

UnsufficentBoobage

Atleast things I wanna fuck are 3D
kiwifarms.net
And having people under the control of the devil(who is portrayed as the ultimate evil since its a horror movie) rape someone in a brutal way is bad because the devil wouldn't do that????
Lol, don't you know that every villain ever is akchyally good and also satanists are best people and yadda yadda.

Tumblr drives me up the wall with that shit.

FluffyTehFennekin

autistic molekin
kiwifarms.net
All the ones I most remember are banned now. ED had an article on this diaperfag/fetishist type who'd post there, it was a good read back in the day. There's also Adric, a white guy with a school shooter bowlcut who claims to be Hispanic and SJW rhetoric so batshit insane even the others didn't want him. And Nate Spidgewood of course, kid is pure autism.
Man, what was the diaper guy like?

Reactions: The Empirical Bogey