Infected TV Tropes community -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
Man, what was the diaper guy like?
Finally remembered the username (Chagen46) and unsurprisingly he has a thread here. He was more disgusting than I remember by the looks of it.

Uncanny Valley

I'M A LOSER, BABY!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tropers got really pissed off when this tweet blew up today

View attachment 1121312
Can't disagree.

Troping wikis merely try to break a story down to lego blocks to fit together, and any narrative that is well written is certainly going to be more than that. Sure, the troping wiki description gives you the general shape of the story, but it doesn't cover the subtle parts, like how the story arrived in the shape it was made in.

LightDragonman1

kiwifarms.net
You know, there's something about this trope and some of the examples given that just rubs me the wrong way:

I especially love how it describes the (admittedly cheesy and low quality) Hallmark Channel films. Don't get me wrong, I dislike them too, but this just comes across as a rather.......off reason for not liking them:

"The Hallmark Channel has made a small industry out of Glurge-filled made-for-TV movies, known as A Hallmark Presentation. Most often these films are about someone who is overwhelmed with working in the big city, and are forced to live in a small town, which they end up finding more satisfying than their past life. Usually a ridiculously hot love interest drops right into their laps to help the process along, along with a few quirky but bland small town friends. The only real obstacles the protagonist has to overcome are getting off on the wrong foot with the love interest, or some petty rival, which in real life could be fixed by talking to the love interest like an adult and ignoring the rival. Everyone is just sort of cutesy and non-threatening overall. If the main character is a woman the movie will emphasize that starting a family is more fulfilling than having a job. Then December rolls around and Hallmark replaces their normal movies with special Christmas ones, which are the same except the overworked person is so overworked that they don't know the true meaning of Christmas, which they learn by moving to the small town and experiencing a little Christmas magic "

Uncanny Valley

I'M A LOSER, BABY!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, there's something about this trope and some of the examples given that just rubs me the wrong way:

I especially love how it describes the (admittedly cheesy and low quality) Hallmark Channel films. Don't get me wrong, I dislike them too, but this just comes across as a rather.......off reason for not liking them:

"The Hallmark Channel has made a small industry out of Glurge-filled made-for-TV movies, known as A Hallmark Presentation. Most often these films are about someone who is overwhelmed with working in the big city, and are forced to live in a small town, which they end up finding more satisfying than their past life. Usually a ridiculously hot love interest drops right into their laps to help the process along, along with a few quirky but bland small town friends. The only real obstacles the protagonist has to overcome are getting off on the wrong foot with the love interest, or some petty rival, which in real life could be fixed by talking to the love interest like an adult and ignoring the rival. Everyone is just sort of cutesy and non-threatening overall. If the main character is a woman the movie will emphasize that starting a family is more fulfilling than having a job. Then December rolls around and Hallmark replaces their normal movies with special Christmas ones, which are the same except the overworked person is so overworked that they don't know the true meaning of Christmas, which they learn by moving to the small town and experiencing a little Christmas magic "
All of the examples are just bitching about how AWFUL and EVIL white people and Christians are

Shaka Brah

Hang ten, my dudes.
kiwifarms.net

They're denigrating the idea of family life and suggesting that women don't want to become wives and mothers and live in safe, homogeneous communities.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Disagree on the CinemaSins (they're a joke, and they know it), but agree with everything else. Tropes are just the building blocks, but without understanding the music between the notes it's kinda useless.
There's a tendency even among a lot of the site's user to conflate tropes with cliches. This is in spite of the fact that the wiki has an articlke called Tropes are Tools. Tropes are not ineherently good or bad it all depends on how they're executed

iafiv

kiwifarms.net
I always found it funny how many bitch about Cinemasins ignoring the whole they're not taking themselves seriously its 50% serious 50% a joke.But so often they ignore how Doug Walker did in retrospect a disservice to the idea of internet movie reviews through his style which isn't really good for the community.Its not the fault of the Cinemasins guys that they got popular.

LightDragonman1

kiwifarms.net
Note how many of these entries involve just pointing out past films that had "strong female characters" and things that they see has liberal leaning: