Infected TV Tropes community -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Sekirodiealot

kiwifarms.net
In case you need any more evidence of just how slanted TV Tropes is in favor of everything SJW and ultra-left leaning, look no further than their page on The New Tens:

A few choice parts:

"The Harvey Weinstein scandal have brought forth the #MeToo Movement that addressed the prevalence of sexual abuse and sexual harassment in modern society, particularly against women note . The movement was the final nail that killed off the notion that the victims of sexual abuse were either just asking for it or doing it as "power play" (although attitudes have been changing in that direction for year prior). The hashtag has also brought a lot of international recognition in various places around the world where violence against women are relatively common such as Africa, Middle East, Afghanistan, India, and Russia, which the #MeToo further expand into the issue of misogyny in society that encourages sexual violence against women. Many women in various social platforms shared their stories of sexual abuse on Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit, some of which are abuse and harassment that occurred decades ago. "

"The decade saw a backlash among men against overtly masculine aspects, leading to the popularization of the terms "softboy" and "toxic masculinity". On the other hand, fourth-wave feminism in the Anglosphere condemned the raunchy "do-me" stance of third-wave feminism, adopting a more feminine face, while continuing to reclaim concepts once held as stereotypes and slurs. The fourth-wave's extreme popularity among young women and female celebrities along with its use of social media also led to the terms "millennial feminism", "pop feminism" and "hashtag feminism". After being criticized for painting women as delicate beyond all the talk of empowerment and ignoring working-class, LBT (particularly trans) and non-white women (apart from being blamed for worsening relations between men and women in general) especially after the rise of the #MeToo movement, late 2010s-era feminism began to focus on questioning gender conventions the same way both feminism overseas and "new masculinity" had done for much of the decade."

"While the student protesters may have not have been given the warmest reception from the hard-right, they did seem to finally break the stalemate on gun politics that has persisted since Columbine. According to search trends and news analytics, public interest in the topic of gun control, which normally dies down after a shooting in less than a week, remained steady throughout the rest of February. Support for stricter gun laws surged in the aftermath at a level far exceeding the bump following other mass shootings, reaching their highest levels since 1993. Meanwhile, the National Rifle Association, the gun rights group largely seen as the main obstacle preventing all legislation regulating gun ownership from passing, saw their favorability rating plunge to historic lows with a plurality of Americans seeing them unfavorably for the first time, and their sponsors (such as Visa, Best Western, and Delta) severed ties with them in droves after a progressive news blog reported on them and pressure mounted on the companies. Popular stores like Dick's stopped selling guns and Republican politicians, like Brian Mast of a district near Parkland, became more open to some gun control proposals. Gun-control groups like Everytown and Giffords saw their membership spike. And as for the protests themselves? There were two mass school walkouts with nearly 3,000 schools and one million students participating. The March For Our Lives main event, meanwhile, was reported to be the third-largest protest in U.S. history, behind only the two Women's Marches (with the March 14 walkout said to potentially be in fourth). While Emma Gonzalez's pledge of the Parkland shooting being "the last mass shooting" hasn't come true (there was another mass shooting at a high school in Texas three months later), there is growing evidence that the movement will have implications at the ballot box in November, as 2018 became the first time ever that gun control was a major campaign issue for Democrats. And it did, as gun control supporters won big in suburban areas who previously were indifferent to this issuenote ."

Yeah, talk about bias. And that's not even getting into the section about Trump, which seems to suggest that they think that the Democrats are taking back control and are far more morally righteous. Here's just one sample:

"The election of Donald Trump has caused the rise of Right-Wing Militia Fanatic groups (also known as the "alt-right"), including gun absolutists, anti-abortion and anti-LGBT extremists, neo-Confederates, white identitarians, extreme misogynists, and even Klansmen and Neo-Nazis. Many of their activities and rallies have become more mainstream in American politics, and some of them have resulted in violence (such as the Charlottesville "Unite the Right" rally mentioned above). One of the major factors of this has been the support of Donald Trump from many of these groups and Mr. Trump's hesitance, if not outright refusal, to disavow their support or condemn their activities, with the few "condemnations" that he has given widely being seen as forced and insincere (especially since they usually involved deflection towards other groups on the political left). Not helping the matter is that the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI under the Trump administration have shifted their resources to dealing with "antifa" and Islamic terrorism instead of white supremacist terrorism despite the fact that Americans are much more likely to be killed by far-right terrorism than any far-left or Islamic terrorism. Far-left terrorism is a relatively rare and recent phenomenon, with antifa groups mostly avoiding the use of life-threatening weapons like guns or vehicles (especially in North America); meanwhile Islamic terrorism, despite its frequency in Europe, has been very sporadic in the United States."

Notice anything off about the descriptions?
I remember seeing that page and me being like:
tenor.gif

The amount of delusions in that page is just wow. Just what the fuck are they babbling about. Also people on their political forums are immediately banned if they're right leaning or worse being neutral, claiming their conservatives in disguise. To think i used to browse that site all the way back in 2013....

Last edited:

iafiv

kiwifarms.net
Exactly how much more likely is it to get killed by far right terrorists in the US than left wing or islamic?Overall the US has very low levels of politically motivated violence.Granted its higher than the average of developed countries but its pretty low if you compare it to Syria or Iraq(although those examples are extreme).There's also the fact that in many murders its very difficult to ascertain motivation.Cops in the US seem to have a predilection to focus on 'personal reasons' whatever that means whenever some unusual crime happens.Unless the perp left clear written and recorded evidence of their motivation in many cases the cops will not focus too much on the why.Which is one reason why quite a few mass shootings and even individual murders seem 'suspicious' for anyone working in counterterror but the motive has been left by the wayside.Its also one reason why lists of terror related incidents are incomplete or heavily doctored.Even including that there's the question of when.If you include all terrorism related deaths since 2000 then 9/11 is still responsible for over 70% of all deaths associated with politics on US soil.If you include since 2017 the figures might be different.Other details are linked to the size of the suspect group and their propensity for violence.How many muslims become violent compared to their size how many whites become violent compared to their size.Basically if you go with a 'i want someone to blame' mentality when it comes to terrorism you'll find someone to blame depending on how you interpret data.

REGENDarySumanai

Not So Bad Once You Try It, Right?
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why does this exist?

Lackadaisy

great old one
kiwifarms.net
Why does this exist?
If I squint, I can sort of see the basis of this trope - "Yeah, alien races in fiction might not have genders" - but whoever wrote this just hits you with a full force tism tidal wave and makes it completely unreadable.

iafiv

kiwifarms.net
Apparently the idea that Chuck Berry got the idea for 'Johnny B Goode' from a time traveling white kid is somehow offensive?I guess the idea is that somehow this reinforces racism because a Klan member might claim 'Berry got his ideas from a white guy from the future'????
And the fact that it plays the whole 'mom has hots for her son' for laughs.Funny since time travel plots frequently use this idea probably because its one of the first things someone might think of as a potential risk if you did travel back in time.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Apparently the idea that Chuck Berry got the idea for 'Johnny B Goode' from a time traveling white kid is somehow offensive?
But how did the white kid know it in the first place? Because he heard it from Chuck Berry.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Apparently the idea that Chuck Berry got the idea for 'Johnny B Goode' from a time traveling white kid is somehow offensive?I guess the idea is that somehow this reinforces racism because a Klan member might claim 'Berry got his ideas from a white guy from the future'????
And the fact that it plays the whole 'mom has hots for her son' for laughs.Funny since time travel plots frequently use this idea probably because its one of the first things someone might think of as a potential risk if you did travel back in time.
Never mind the fact that Marty never copyrighted the song, went back shortly afterwards, and at most only thw few dozen people at the dance and Chuck Berry would know

Cool kitties club

Sonic says the south will rise again
kiwifarms.net
Minor weird troper sperging this time on Grant Morrison's Batman run:

"They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: Jason Todd's Tumblr fanbase weren't happy with what Morrison had done with him, both in looks (HOW DARE THEY MAKE HIM UGLY!!) and costume. However, many other fans found his characterization to be one of the best takes on the character, and were disappointed to see the character regressed to a whiny Robin with The New 52. "

Hilarious in Hindsight:

"Alternate Character Interpretation: Darkseid won, and Batman is a servant of anti-life... featuring gratuitous political commentary and a few jabs at Grant Morrison. "

Tl;dr: batman is bad because he attacks brown people and leviathan is good because they are a terrorist cell that fighst capitalism and global warming

iafiv

kiwifarms.net
Minor weird troper sperging this time on Grant Morrison's Batman run:

"They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: Jason Todd's Tumblr fanbase weren't happy with what Morrison had done with him, both in looks (HOW DARE THEY MAKE HIM UGLY!!) and costume. However, many other fans found his characterization to be one of the best takes on the character, and were disappointed to see the character regressed to a whiny Robin with The New 52. "

Hilarious in Hindsight:

"Alternate Character Interpretation: Darkseid won, and Batman is a servant of anti-life... featuring gratuitous political commentary and a few jabs at Grant Morrison. "

Tl;dr: batman is bad because he attacks brown people and leviathan is good because they are a terrorist cell that fighst capitalism and global warming
Tropers do know that Ben Affleck is no longer Batman right?As in he no longer plays the character.And even if that weren't the case this seems like a very low bar for 'harsher in hindsight'.By this logic i think you can find something in everything that is harsher.Personally i would consider this more along the lines of funny not harsh but anyway.

LightDragonman1

kiwifarms.net
Btw, I posted a screenshot from the upcoming Doom Eternal that appears to be mocking SJWs and the like:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQwztgtXYAMgIcv?format=png&name=small

How'd they respond?

"I get results by these chuds who claim it's poking fun at political correctness and cancel culture. That it's "anti-sjw" and "anti-woke" So I'm not as amused. Believe me, I got pleeeeeeeeeeeeeenty of results when I googled the last part."

"From my understanding the DOOM Eternal stuff is actually mocking corporate stuff but the Anti-SJW/Anti-PC crowd are morons and are completely ignoring that over their own manufactured outrages about SJ Ws and PC culture supposedly hating DOOM Eternal. Basically its alt-right morons being smoothbrained yet again."

"Considering people complained when Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus used the slogan "Make America Nazi-Free Again", this shouldn't be surprising."

Pretty predictable. And of course they'd consider the SJW outrage to be faked if all listen to is people like Shaun and Jen (Youtube user who made that claim that is was all fake outrage spurred on by the Alt-Right).

REGENDarySumanai

Not So Bad Once You Try It, Right?
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Smoothbrained tard complains about something non-trivial and calls people who hate this bullshit smoothbrained tards fails to see why this bullshit is loathed.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

FluffyTehFennekin

autistic molekin
kiwifarms.net
Wait, last time I saw the New Tens page, amongst the political stuff they were also talking of film franchises, manbuns and avocados. What the hell happened? It's pure politics now.
Manbuns could probably work with the “Nu-male” thing they oh-so obsess over. To be fair, I never got the avocado obsession.
They have two pages for The New Tens. One for pop culture stuff, and the other for real life stuff.
Why make two pages though? That’s the real question.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Mr. Awesome Man

Autumnal Equinox

Dancing Republican vampire
kiwifarms.net
Why is Mister Rogers so popular in the US?Speaking as a european he seemed ok but nothing trully outstanding about him,
He wasn't putting on a front or a fake personality for the kids on his show. He actually was that kind-hearted and gentle in reality. I think that's why he has endeared himself so much to us, because people like him are becoming more and more rare, and it's a treasure to know that there were people like him that you could truly call good and made the world a happier place. His show was decent for what it was, it's more him the person that's fondly remembered.