Diseased TV Tropes community

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Flexo

I can't feel emotions
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This dude is straight up too autistic to write. Show him "In the Heat of the Night" where one of the protagonists is a racist southern sheriff who's forced to work with a black detective. He saves the black detectives life on at least one occasion. By the end of the story he gets over his racism, or at least mostly does. Ask Twentington for his analysis of this. Either his head will explode or he'll give the most insane take on a piece of media ever.

Relationship status: Desperate:lit::lit::lit:
That's what is even funnier if you follow the threads is that TVTropes comes to the exact same conclusion.
1642271549948.png

redfishbluefish

kiwifarms.net
"There's no reason for anyone to be a racist."

I wonder if he'd still say this if we were talking about a black character who hates white people. Or would the morality there be less cut-and-dry? Would there suddenly be reasons worth taking into account in that situation?

Night Owl

And we keep driving into the night.
kiwifarms.net
That's what is even funnier if you follow the threads is that TVTropes comes to the exact same conclusion.
View attachment 2889967
I always thought the mark of a good writer was taking something they might personally disagree with but still manage to write about it favorably or at the very least, neutrally.

I don't think this faggot understands how fiction works.

Michael Janke

kiwifarms.net
"There's no reason for anyone to be a racist."
this idiot doesn't know about context in writing.
if i were writing a story that took place in the 50's america before civil rights era took hold, there'd be plenty of reasons for people to be racist.
white people that hate black people and blacks that hated whites right back.

Juan's Sombrero

Pirate sites are your friend.
kiwifarms.net
Is this for real? Are we sure it's not just a really well researched parody of current fandom culture's autism?

Man, this thread makes me glad I got my ass banned from that site years ago.

View attachment 2889967
I call this the Linkara Effect. Give them a pen and paper, write a story, read it, and throw it into the bin because of how utterly terrible it is. For all their critique (which is highly selective) and "knowledge" of pop culture (which is shallow at best), they'd be terrible to apply what they know practically.

Just ask Linkara.

Last edited:

Michael Janke

kiwifarms.net
I call this the Linkara Effect. Give them a pen and paper, write a story, read it, and throw it into the bin because of how utterly terrible it is. For all their critique (which is highly selective) and "knowledge" of pop culture (which is shallow at best), they'd be terrible to apply what they know practically.

Just ask Linkara.
didn't that happen when nostalgia critic tried to make a movie?

Nod Flenders

kiwifarms.net
this idiot doesn't know about context in writing.
if i were writing a story that took place in the 50's america before civil rights era took hold, there'd be plenty of reasons for people to be racist.
white people that hate black people and blacks that hated whites right back.
Not only do they not understand fiction, they also don't understand history and historical accuracy.

kaien

kiwifarms.net
Hell, that happened when Roger Ebert wrote a movie (actually more than one).
I dunno, I thought Beyond the Valley of the Dolls was hilarious. Although you can probably chalk about 98 percent of that up to Russ Meyer, not Ebert.

NerdShamer

International Glownigger Commander
kiwifarms.net
This is just me more complaining about TV Trope's categorization than anything else.
Arrowverse Metahumans
View attachment 2888814
View attachment 2888817
The entire page just sends you to some other page.
Star Wars is just as bad.

Start posting the actual exchanges.
Considering how one of them hate it when we were providing an chunk of their inbound traffic, no.

Besides, I've already updated the archive for it.