Twin Galaxies is a organization dating back from the "golden age" of arcade gaming dedicated to recording high scores and peak performance of autists from the 80s up until today.
Besides keeping track of "official" high scores (for a time in concert with Guiness World Records) it also established (in 1983) the "U.S. National Video Game Team" which was the first of its kind.
Twin Galaxies is an interesting thing to talk about because it predated widespread internet access by decades and kinda sorta still exists today. Many of the people involved with Twin Galaxies in the 1980s would've obviously been shitposted on this very forum or others if they'd been born a bit later.
It's because of TG's unique property of having involved vidya and survived a period of almost 4 decades. TG's story features many unique characters, arrests for pedophilis and people who would probably have had their own dedicated threads here had YouTube existed 30 years ago.
- Walter Day (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Day)
- Now aging New-age hippy/meditation type, who ran around more than 100 arcades in the summer of 1981 to collect high scores and collate the world's pre-internet autism. Has worked variously as an oil trader, landlord, vintage-newspaper vendor and after retiring from the high-flying world of documenting autism in video games decided to follow his passion of being a musician.
- Robert Mruczek
- Ended up quitting Twin Galaxies due to an ethics situation in 2006 (something to do with a slapfight involving a Missile Command high score). Basically became super rich making some sort of accounting software and ended up retiring and eating pizza, watching VHS speedruns and playing vidya (as documented in The King of Kong documentary)
- Roy "Mr. Awesome" Shildt (https://kotaku.com/mr-awesome-champion-gamer-playgirl-model-5902517)
- Former Playgirl model, body-builder and fitness guru. Got some high score in Missile Command and had several autistic slapfights with Twin Galaxies. Billed himself as Mr. Awesome for some reason.
- Pedo 1: Stephen Krogman
- Supposedly a convicted pedophile
- Pedo 2: Ron Corcoran
- Supposedly another convicted pedophile who had sex with his own daughter
- Pedo 3: Ron Bailey
- Supposedly another convicted pedophile. Can't find many pictures or refernces to him, but his scores are still on TG last I checked.
- TG's official "Chad": Billy Mitchell
- BILLY MITCHELL IS DISQUALIFIED FROM THE OFFICIAL KIWIFARMS TWIN GALAXIES THREAD FOR CHEATING!!!
- Todd Rodgers
- One of the members of the 80s American video game team. Recently exposed as having likely fabricated many dozens of false high scores
On top of the ballpit of autism that is Twin Galaxies the ownership of the company itself has been a great slapfight too:
Currently Twin Galaxies is under fire yet again for shit involving vidya high scores:
Documentaries covering either Twin Galaxies or Twin Galaxies related autism:
- Twin Galaxies lost in space: What's happened to gaming's record-keeping company?
- Robert Mruczek quits Twin Galaxies effective 12/12/06