Twitter 7/1 - Chris thinks therapy is beneath him -

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveYouLongTime

kiwifarms.net
I remember the Twitter post where Chris stated that he explained the merge to his court appointed therapist and she was flabbergasted. Not for the reasons he thinks, of course.
Huh, that's interesting he did that. I don't really keep up with his Twitter only because I find the merge stuff boring and sad. When he first started going to his court appointed therapist he told me he didn't tell them any of that stuff because more or less he knew it would negatively impact his court outcome. Of course the last time I talked to him was last year and his delusions have gotten much worse.

Super Colon Blow

Does she have big thingies?
kiwifarms.net
Huh, that's interesting he did that. I don't really keep up with his Twitter only because I find the merge stuff boring and sad. When he first started going to his court appointed therapist he told me he didn't tell them any of that stuff because more or less he knew it would negatively impact his court outcome. Of course the last time I talked to him was last year and his delusions have gotten much worse.
I know that tweet is saved somewhere here on the farms. It's quite old at this point and depends how much time you want to waste digging to read its exact content. I *think* he said either astonished or flabbergasted.

M

MY 405

kiwifarms.net
How on earth did he show up to Region Ten appointments with his pony dolly, his space leggings and his Sailor tiara and NOT have his therapist go "And why are we wearing all this today?" Believe me, they understand and hear a lot of "coping mechanism" shit, but therapists just run your words around the block and throw them back at you and ask you "why does that make sense to you?" or "Have you ever considered [blank's] motivation for that situation?" and often hand you little homework assignments to discuss "at our next visit." Psychiatrists have a M.D. and are usually more prone to actually listen to the way you construct a thought and get to the bottom of it and they are very prone to call you on your bullshit and make you face that person in the mirror, however painful that is, and they can go a long way to putting you back together. They can also assess if there may be an underlying medical cause for part of your WOOOOOOO and prescribe medication for you, which your therapist can't. I think of "therapy" as yelling into an echo chamber while the echo chamber is looking at her watch and wondering if it's lunch yet.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
How on earth did he show up to Region Ten appointments with his pony dolly, his space leggings and his Sailor tiara and NOT have his therapist go "And why are we wearing all this today?" Believe me, they understand and hear a lot of "coping mechanism" shit, but therapists just run your words around the block and throw them back at you and ask you "why does that make sense to you?" or "Have you ever considered [blank's] motivation for that situation?" and often hand you little homework assignments to discuss "at our next visit." Psychiatrists have a M.D. and are usually more prone to actually listen to the way you construct a thought and get to the bottom of it and they are very prone to call you on your bullshit and make you face that person in the mirror, however painful that is, and they can go a long way to putting you back together. They can also assess if there may be an underlying medical cause for part of your WOOOOOOO and prescribe medication for you, which your therapist can't. I think of "therapy" as yelling into an echo chamber while the echo chamber is looking at her watch and wondering if it's lunch yet.
I get what you're saying but cognitive psych does get reproducible results. They don't actually have any idea what they're doing, and a lot of it is probably bunk, but they've accidentally stumbled on to a few things that can help. And that's a start.

Reactions: MY 405
M

MY 405

kiwifarms.net
I get what you're saying but cognitive psych does get reproducible results. They don't actually have any idea what they're doing, and a lot of it is probably bunk, but they've accidentally stumbled on to a few things that can help. And that's a start.
yeah, that's a much better way of saying it, thanks. (It was also based on a great deal of powerleveling. Alot of it has to do with finding the right match and that can take years.) Trusting someone to help you when you actually want help and aren't just there to put in for "good boy points with a court order" makes a great deal of difference. Region Ten is pretty much a "take a number, NEXT!" sort of crazy-in-the-head mill.

Apteryx Owenii

formerly a jerkop, wants to avoid merge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Therapists seriously can't help Chris. You can't make an autistic person normal with cognitive behavioral therapy. His narcissism is not a personality disorder resulting from maladaptive coping mechanisms developed early in childhood. His narcissism is a result of his brain lacking the wiring to truly understand that anyone but him exists as a person. And hell even if it was a personality disorder...one of the diagnostic criteria of a personality disorder is essentially that it's incurable. You can just alleviate some of the fall out of the issues they cause.

tl;dr he's right but for the wrong reasons.
I think therapy or psychiatry could help Chris but I actually don't blame him for having a dim view of the whole thing since his interactions with the field have seemingly been perfunctory: see this sped for 10 weeks and sign off here, then move on to the next docket case. I can't imagine it was anything more than that, assuming the therapist didn't learn more about his insanity from, well, here.

I don't think he's had- at least since adulthood- a dedicated professional motivated to address his mental and emotional issues, has he? Rocky doesn't count.

Muscle Bra

I passed high scholl bitch!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
His narcissism is not a personality disorder resulting from maladaptive coping mechanisms developed early in childhood. His narcissism is a result of his brain lacking the wiring to truly understand that anyone but him exists as a person.
I think it goes deeper than that. I know a few other folks on the spectrum who aren't narcissistic assholes, but that's because they had proper treatment/therapy (whatever the correct word is) when they were younger to help them cope with their autism. Yeah, autism does cause problems with their theory of mind but (as I understand it) a big part of therapy is teaching those on the spectrum that other folks do exist as people and that they all do not necessarily think the same way and have the same beliefs as the autistics.

Of course, Chris never got that therapy when he was younger so he was never able to extend that theory of mind beyond himself, which means the end result is the same. Once again, Bob and Barb really did him wrong.

A therapist would need to do so much prep work for Chris. Some of the crazy shit he says is actually true. Convibcing him that the merge isn't real is going to fall apart if the shrink decides that the Pickleman stealing his girlfriend is also a delusion even though it verifiably happened.
At least we have video proof of the Man in the Pickle Suit but you make a good point. I can picture it now: "Once again, Christine, repeat after me: There. Is. No. Pickleman!"

I think he needs some ECT, but he'd probably get the tugboat version where a man in a white coat comes to his house every day for several months in a row and tazes him.
<insert "zap to the extreme" joke here...>

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
I think it goes deeper than that. I know a few other folks on the spectrum who aren't narcissistic assholes, but that's because they had proper treatment/therapy (whatever the correct word is) when they were younger to help them cope with their autism. Yeah, autism does cause problems with their theory of mind but (as I understand it) a big part of therapy is teaching those on the spectrum that other folks do exist as people and that they all do not necessarily think the same way and have the same beliefs as the autistics.

Of course, Chris never got that therapy when he was younger so he was never able to extend that theory of mind beyond himself, which means the end result is the same. Once again, Bob and Barb really did him wrong.
Does Chris even really count as high functioning at this point? Some of the recent reports make him sound well...I mean, not as bad as that one video that always gets posted. He knows how to speak mostly, at least. But he seems stupid and obsessed with stimming and almost incapable of figuring out cause and effect in social situations.

Sīn the Moon Daddy

🦆
kiwifarms.net
Does Chris even really count as high functioning at this point? Some of the recent reports make him sound well...I mean, not as bad as that one video that always gets posted. He knows how to speak mostly, at least. But he seems stupid and obsessed with stimming and almost incapable of figuring out cause and effect in social situations.
This isn't autism anymore. I think what we're seeing are the effects of prolonged isolation on a mind too simple to grasp the concept.

Autism is a complex thing but we're not in Kansas anymore.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Chris vs Police battle is inevitable. Hell, I’m already expecting him to command Sonichu and Magi-Chan to attack the police once they repossess his house after Barb dies.
I still think of Chris being handcuffed while laying belly down on the ground after attempting to escape, bawling his head out and making up pointless accusations of what they were doing to his house when he clearly no longer lives there.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
This isn't autism anymore. I think what we're seeing are the effects of prolonged isolation on a mind too simple to grasp the concept.

Autism is a complex thing but we're not in Kansas anymore.
It's a shame that for all his dysfunctions Chris is capable of feeling lonely. He'd be a lot healthier if he was like some autists that just don't care about interacting with people at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino