Sonichu Twitter 7/23 - Chris claims he didn't trace Rosechu's Story comic -

Fapcop

kiwifarms.net
The parts where 90% of the lines match are obviously traced.

View attachment 854527

Most of the comic is great proof of how sloppy Chris' lineart is when he's only drawing from reference and improvising like he promised he would do. But the outlines of Rosechu's eyes and snout here for example are too accurate to have been shat out by Chris free-handed.

I'm just curious as to what his exceptional tracing method is since he draws on paper. Does he press the sheet against monitor with his fat, limp wristed hand and then draws on top of it? Or does he go through the trouble of flipping the original comic horizontally on PC, then printing it out and putting it on that Reflecta Sketch toy?
I would suggest, that the weird, uneven tracing is caused by Chris holding up the paper to his monitor, tracing, putting the paper down to do some drawing, and then later he holds up another part of the paper up to the monitor to trace another part.

That would explain why some parts match 100%, while others don’t, or match 100% but are slightly off to the side.

He’s also clearly tracing certain parts like faces and outlines, but try to do some of the details in the clothes (for example) by himself.

EDIT: Think I got it... Could he be using his cellphone for the tracing? That would explain why he can’t trace the entire picture at once, but has to keep moving the paper around.

Then how come some of Trickie’s drawings match his 100%‽

Also: I can’t wait to see how Chris will handle Kel and Rose in CWCVille. Trickie’s original featured some subtle and very funny put downs of the city and the mayor. Will they fly over Chris’s head, or will he include them?

Is there anything that Chris can’t use for a jumping off point to monopolize the conversation and tell everyone of his hardships?

“Knuckles and Amy are having an intimate moment!”

“I’ve be- Da Trolls have been bullying me!”

“Horrible famine in Africa, look at the starving kids!”

“I too have felt the pangs of hunger, and it was most distressing! At the height of the troll-led bullying campaign against me I often couldn’t eat from stress and heartaches!”

“Tornado devestates island nation, thousands homeless!”

“I can most empathically relate to their tornado troubles. When trolls stole 1000s of $ from me, my heart was deserted and littered with debris, the pain from the stress tore away the foundations and roof from my soul, leaving it shivering in the cold!”

Last edited:

Fapcop

kiwifarms.net
I think Chris missed the whole argument between Show don’t tell or Tell don’t show.
Oh quiet you! Chris has a lot of wisdom and thoughts to share. About subspaces and dimensions and merges and such. But I digress.

The interesting point here is, that Chris admits his art can be improved.

Until now there has been virtually zero instances of Chris giving critique to himself, which led many people (myself included) to believe that he actually couldn’t see the problems with his art.

But here we have Chris admitting to having problems with getting arm lengths to be consistent and the facial expressions, which kinda indicates that he is aware of his flaws.

Does that mean that he was just bluffing every time somebody sent him a piece of art clearly superior to his originals, and Chris replied with a “Mhmm do not like the coloring, and the Bust size could use much needed improvement”?

Cedric_Eff

No secret, it's the meat. Don't skimp on the meat.
kiwifarms.net
The interesting point here is, that Chris admits his art can be improved.

Until now there has been virtually zero instances of Chris giving critique to himself, which led many people (myself included) to believe that he actually couldn’t see the problems with his art.

But here we have Chris admitting to having problems with getting arm lengths to be consistent and the facial expressions, which kinda indicates that he is aware of his flaws.

Does that mean that he was just bluffing every time somebody sent him a piece of art clearly superior to his originals, and Chris replied with a “Mhmm do not like the coloring, and the Bust size could use much needed improvement”?
Chris’s is like Dobson when it comes to art, both honestly believe that their art don’t need to be improved and that their style makes them unique.

Onewittyuser

Who am I kidding, the Prequels were awesome.
kiwifarms.net
Right, the quality and formatting of the comic decreases dramatically when not directly copying Tricke's comic is because you've improved so much, Chris. It's pretty obvious that he's just putting paper onto a computer screen and trying to trace it, leading to wonky lines or other mismatches.

He might think that he is actually improving, like the ten other times he's traced or just copied elements from others, but it hasn't led to any improvements then, and it sure wont lead to any now.

Fapcop

kiwifarms.net
Autistic people who like to draw are sometimes really good at tracing just from eyeballing it, I think that's the case with Chris
(You see a lot of it if you ever look at an art class for autistic people)
Pretty sure that Chris isn’t one of those autists. It’s a common mistake to confuse him with an idiot savant, when Chris is in fact just the regular kind of idiot.

I mean, have you seen his art? His Pokémon? The way he draws a shoe or a car? Fuck, he can barely draw straight lines in a mall!

Silver Octopus

kiwifarms.net
Why is the argument about wether Chris traced the art or not?
He still tried to replicate the art as much as possible, redrew everything almost exactly the same, same angle, same expressions, it's still all 100% unoriginal regardless of if he used his tracing toy or not.
The first half of this comic is completely unoriginal, only exception is Chris adding the oh-so crucial "woahly!" thought bubbles here and there.

The 2nd half is great though, classic Chris; text walls, tons of sex and insanity, awful dialogue... it's so bad it's good.
And now Chris is saying the text walls are better because he has "lots of wisdom and thoughts to share" :story:

Brian Butterfield

Satisfaction guaranteed...no matter what.
kiwifarms.net
"Show don't tell" is a concept that's going to be hopelessly lost on Chris, his facial blindness and inability to understand subtlety make sure of that. The 'tism forces him to explain in exhaustive and irrelevant detail whatever he's trying to say in these comics.

And then there's Chris being Chris: saying outright he does not trace, then discussing why tracing has helped him so much. Consistently inconsistent.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino