Twitter marks a Trump tweet 'manipulated media' for the first time - The same platform that “hid” tweets of the President calling looters and rioters “THUGS”

SSF2T Old User

https://www.fightcade.com/id/KF-SSF2TOldUser
kiwifarms.net
How many more tweets until they put up a notice that just says "We're triggered"?
Part of me doesn't think it's mainly that. Part of me thinks it's more like a group of arrogant assholes in high school that are pulling pranks on the Principle. They are seeing how far they can go until they all get suspended indefinitely, and even then, none of them will have learned anything from it.

soy_king

I am the Prom King, I seethe at everything
kiwifarms.net
I wonder whether they will pivot to kiss Trump's ass if he wins in November?

The Pink Panther

Speechless
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My mother told me about this in texts earlier today (since my parents, sadly, watch and indulge in CNN), but only said one side of the story to make it seem like Tramp was trying to turn the ad into a race thing because "muh Tramp is racist". As usual, I shut up and just accepted their interpretation of the news (because arguing with them about shit about the news they hear triggers their cognitive dissonance), but I was suspicious because recently CNN has been going full speed ahead with the whole "Tramp will race-bait for the election in order to win to get the white racist vote" and CNN is untrustworthy as fuck.

So when I do my little research and look up the video to confirm my suspicions, lo and behold, Tramp was trying to make a point about the media's manipulation of information, not race. Now, frankly, he could've used a better example to illustrate this in a political ad instead of something as specific as little children, because that's just plain shitty. He could've put himself (or rather an adult) on the front instead of using little kids to demonize CNN, but alas, still an ad on media manipulation nonetheless. This, however, just goes to show how much I fucking hate CNN and how it fucks with people's perception of reality. They'll take a segment of anything and then spin it into the most negative thing possible so that they can achieve at projecting a narrative. Fuck CNN.

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net
My mother told me about this in texts earlier today (since my parents, sadly, watch and indulge in CNN), but only said one side of the story to make it seem like Tramp was trying to turn the ad into a race thing because "muh Tramp is racist". As usual, I shut up and just accepted their interpretation of the news (because arguing with them about shit about the news they hear triggers their cognitive dissonance), but I was suspicious because recently CNN has been going full speed ahead with the whole "Tramp will race-bait for the election in order to win to get the white racist vote" and CNN is untrustworthy as fuck.

So when I do my little research and look up the video to confirm my suspicions, lo and behold, Tramp was trying to make a point about the media's manipulation of information, not race. Now, frankly, he could've used a better example to illustrate this in a political ad instead of something as specific as little children, because that's just plain shitty. He could've put himself (or rather an adult) on the front instead of using little kids to demonize CNN, but alas, still an ad on media manipulation nonetheless. This, however, just goes to show how much I fucking hate CNN and how it fucks with people's perception of reality. They'll take a segment of anything and then spin it into the most negative thing possible so that they can achieve at projecting a narrative. Fuck CNN.
So will you ballot harvest for Trump if they do all mail voting?

It took until these riots for my folks to realize CNN and MSNBC are full of shit. I was telling them about the looting and rioting. So they searched for stuff on YouTube about this whole shit and became instantly changed in their perception of the media.

The Pink Panther

Speechless
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So will you ballot harvest for Trump if they do all mail voting?

It took until these riots for my folks to realize CNN and MSNBC are full of shit. I was telling them about the looting and rioting. So they searched for stuff on YouTube about this whole shit and became instantly changed in their perception of the media.
Probably. This is out of obligation, more than anything because even if I disapprove of some of his policies (and behavior), I approve more of what he did in office than what Biden did with Obama in 8 years.

My parents still haven't realized yet. It's too goddamn late. They didn't realize it with the Mueller shit, they didn't realize it with the impeachment shit, and they certainly aren't going to realize it with the riots shit.

SSF2T Old User

https://www.fightcade.com/id/KF-SSF2TOldUser
kiwifarms.net
(since my parents, sadly, watch and indulge in CNN)
My parent's don't watch CNN but they watch other news networks (they switch from NBC to FOX and whatever else they find interesting). Yesterday she was like "can you believe all this BLM shit and what it started?" and I'm like "yea, a race war", and she went "no... the KKK is back and coming into power!!!"

I just gave her a "........ really?" look. This is the same woman that's going around telling all my neighbors "wtf, june 19th is a holiday but not 9-11???" in which one point she KINDA has a point but at the same time not EVERY tragic event needs a holiday dedicated to it (at least that's my opinion).

Travoltron

kiwifarms.net
My parents are in their 70s and I have to accept they can't change all that much anymore. They still trust what the media is telling them.
I live in one of these blue cities that's been making headlines for becoming a lawless area taken over by Antifa. I tried breaking to my mom that I want to move and she needs to break it to the family because I'll need help moving. (I'm poor.) She predictably completely freaked out and said that I'm making a big deal over nothing, things are going to blow over soon and things are going to go back exactly the way they were.

General Disarray

keyboard go brrrrrr
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My mom, unprovoked in a conversation, asked me if I'd noticed how many ads show swirled couples. I had pointed out to her before how many commercials show a bumbling white couple (for instance, shopping for insurance) while the smug, put-together black couple next door are watching their idiocy, or the cable company ad showing white employees acting stupid in the face of their black bosses. Or the sassy black woman hawking a pine-based cleaner as the white woman is spread-eagle on the floor in a onesie, purportedly to dust the floor. And don't forget the ad for the tax preparers (just this past year) where the white couple is desperately calling Deshaun and his ukulele-playing girlfriend (lol, really) for his tax preparer's information.

Mom is noticing as well. Once you see it, you basically can't unsee it - which is why they call TV "programming."
eta: commercials do seem to have toned down a bit since those examples I noted, but they have replaced that "lording over" bullshit with mixed couples.

Travoltron

kiwifarms.net
My mom, unprovoked in a conversation, asked me if I'd noticed how many ads show swirled couples. I had pointed out to her before how many commercials show a bumbling white couple (for instance, shopping for insurance) while the smug, put-together black couple next door are watching their idiocy, or the cable company ad showing white employees acting stupid in the face of their black bosses. Or the sassy black woman hawking a pine-based cleaner as the white woman is spread-eagle on the floor in a onesie, purportedly to dust the floor. And don't forget the ad for the tax preparers (just this past year) where the white couple is desperately calling Deshaun and his ukulele-playing girlfriend (lol, really) for his tax preparer's information.

Mom is noticing as well. Once you see it, you basically can't unsee it - which is why they call TV "programming."
eta: commercials do seem to have toned down a bit since those examples I noted, but they have replaced that "lording over" bullshit with mixed couples.
Oh yeah. I've been noticing that kind of garbage for at least 20 years. You could do a whole thread about that in Multimedia.

Tags
None