Cast Iron Pan

First-generation son of Antarcticano refugees
kiwifarms.net
  • Feels
Reactions: chroma and ditto

Cast Iron Pan

kiwifarms.net
June 1st has arrived, and old site design still working, intermittently. I don't look forward to being forced to use the mobile layout on desktop. Fucking hate twitter.

Cast Iron Pan

kiwifarms.net
I just came here to shill nitter.net, a FOSS front-end for Twitter. It seems to be a good alternative if you just want to lurk. Lightweitght, no JS shit, no obfuscated HTML class names, no popups asking for registration, or browser updates, or whatever.
It is remarkable how clean and fast Nitter is. They are embarrassing Twitter.

Dysnomia

Party like it's COVID-1999
kiwifarms.net
This definitely kills it for me. Using their mobile-like interface on desktop is too painful.
I remember when Tumblr stopped letting you trick your browser into thinking you were running an older one. On desktop I used it to open the posting field in a new page, which ran smoothly. The popup slowed my browser down dor some reason. GameFAQs also fucked their interface with a new topic popup. I don't see why we can't have options. Is it that hard to keep at least two styles up to date?

It's ugly even on mobile.

Nitter to the rescue.
Mobile sites are fucking hideous. I tend to stay away from them on this tablet unless the damn site won't display right otherwise.

Tags
None