Disaster Two more bodies found in inquiry into German crossbow deaths - Someone got medieval on their asses.

Pocket Dragoon

For one-tenth a soul, or a sexual favor.
kiwifarms.net
Damn, I'd almost forgot about that guy.

I knew German SCA types were serious, so no surprise here.

There's a K31 and a Mauser 98 sitting in my safe though.
I'm still kicking myself for not picking up any of the Lebels, Steyrs, or Carcanos I found at a hunt/sport club store in the Pfälz (near Neustadt a.d. W.).

Though the legal requirements, time commitment, & paperwork were quite exhaustive & expensive, the shop was a weird hybrid of a Bass-Pro, high-end appliance store, and a super-efficient DMV.

The staff there were something else, and makes me yearn for finding a shop one day in the States with the same attention to detail and service.

They had uniforms, because Germans; either trap/skeet jackets or forester's tunics (think US park ranger stuff).

Nothing tactical, strictly verboten (wink wink).

Tryphaena

Don't fall asleep or we'll mutilate your genitals
kiwifarms.net
They're lagging pretty far behind in tech. We're in the modern era and they've still got crossbowmen? I guess losing their capital to Suleiman fucked them up pretty bad.

Foltest

Moving upwards in life
kiwifarms.net
I lived in Germany in the late 1980's. The cops carried Uzis. Just regular street cops had Uzis strapped across their chests like a tourist with a camera strap. But everyone in Germany was so happy, back then. They had plenty of beer, the Berlin Wall was coming down and no one messed with Uzi carrying cops. Boy, how times have changed.
The reason why the cops had uzis was that the RAF was still active at that time. Germany had a huge problem with left wing terrorism in the 70s until the early 90s.

Reactions: Otterly

Otterly

Primark Primarch
kiwifarms.net
Bavaria, of course it is... the national pastime is keeping slaves in basements.

English language coverage...

Killing yourself with a crossbow- is that even possible? Can your arms reach far enough to turn it on yourself? I’ve only ever seen one in a museum and it was fairly hefty, I dont think I could have pulled the trigger with it facing towards me...

• Informative
Reactions: spiritofamermaid

Lilac

kiwifarms.net
Why is is that I have to get all my information from foreign media outlets?
Neither their pictures, not the fact that he was the owner of some freak shop was revealed in the german news.

Killing yourself with a crossbow- is that even possible? Can your arms reach far enough to turn it on yourself?
My first thought, especially since it was a woman.
She took great risk, imagine if you miss and have to lay there slowly bleeding out while in gruesome pain...

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino