Disaster Two teens previously thought missing now under suspicion for murder in BC - Port Alberni Teens not lost, just on the lam

MarcoFakeAccount

kiwifarms.net
This dude is legit posing with his own mugshot, but this confirms that they're both alive (at the moment)...
and it's also a dumb move, cause it kindof helps locate them down to the store they bought it from, and by there, highways/roads they possibly took.

also is this dude reminding you of anyone else who was caught because they were admiring their own wanted poster?
*cough cough* Luka Magnotta *cough cough*

Koby_Fish

The advice of the GALACTICALLY STUPID
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This dude is legit posing with his own mugshot, but this confirms that they're both alive (at the moment)...
and it's also a dumb move, cause it kindof helps locate them down to the store they bought it from, and by there, highways/roads they possibly took.

also is this dude reminding you of anyone else who was caught because they were admiring their own wanted poster?
*cough cough* Luka Magnotta *cough cough*
Apparently that person holding the Winnipeg Sun is not Kam McLeod, it's a look-alike. The Sun photo crops out a mole on the real deal's forehead that the look alike does not have. The teeth are also wrong. Someone's idea of a practical joke/meme.

theshep

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Apparently that person holding the Winnipeg Sun is not Kam McLeod, it's a look-alike. The Sun photo crops out a mole on the real deal's forehead that the look alike does not have. The teeth are also wrong. Someone's idea of a practical joke/meme.
Yeah, I was thinking that myself. I can't imagine the guy trimming his beard in the bush in between killing people and burning cars.

break these cuffs

The weak should fear the strong
kiwifarms.net
Why the actual fuck would this idiot do it in the FUCKING WOODS WHERE THE SUSPECTS PROBABLY FUCKIN ARE. I am 100% sure that the police would have shot him on site if they saw him* back there.
>see car in parking lot 50 yards through some trees
>HE INNAWOODS WIT THE MURDERERS NIGGA
bob really.png

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Koby_Fish

A Name But Backwards

Me love you long time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If this ends up as gay Nazi Trump supporting gayners who kill themselves before the RCMP can arrest them, then I am going to call this a false flag and I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks. Because that is just too good of a story.

Quote from the attention seeking dad in the above article
Alan Schmegelsky went on to say that he didn’t see his son between the ages of eight and 16, and that during that time the young man mistakenly began to believe that he had Russian heritage and enjoyed watching Russian rap videos. He is also a supporter of Russian President Vladimir Putinand U.S. President Donald Trump, he continued.

Koby_Fish

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Somehow not only did the mother prevent the kid from going for a drivers' license, she somehow prevented him from learning how to ride a BIKE? I'd call Helicopter Parent but if she were one of those she'd be all over the news fretting about her boy. Sounds more like she was a neglectful meth-head and nobody knew anything because the father lost contact apparently for all that time up until a couple of years ago.

TerribleIdeas™

kiwifarms.net
Somehow not only did the mother prevent the kid from going for a drivers' license, she somehow prevented him from learning how to ride a BIKE? I'd call Helicopter Parent but if she were one of those she'd be all over the news fretting about her boy. Sounds more like she was a neglectful meth-head and nobody knew anything because the father lost contact apparently for all that time up until a couple of years ago.
This is honestly sounding more and more like the complete raging shitshow that came out about Nicholas Cruz's life. Or maybe Jeffrey Dahmer.

- Substance abusing parents
- One parent removes the child from a shitty situation with 2 shitty role-models, so it can be a shitty situation with 1 shitty role-model, and there was probably a parade of "uncles"
- Dude is acknowledged as retread throughout school, and probably got heavily bullied
- Buttfuck nowhere has garbage teachers and no appreciable mental health services, let alone proper programs for retread kids, so bullying + shitty home environment gets exacerbated
- Likely substance abuse by retread kids, further exacerbating bullying +shitty home environment

Koby_Fish

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is honestly sounding more and more like the complete raging shitshow that came out about Nicholas Cruz's life. Or maybe Jeffrey Dahmer.

- Substance abusing parents
- One parent removes the child from a shitty situation with 2 shitty role-models, so it can be a shitty situation with 1 shitty role-model, and there was probably a parade of "uncles"
- Dude is acknowledged as retread throughout school, and probably got heavily bullied
- Buttfuck nowhere has garbage teachers and no appreciable mental health services, let alone proper programs for retread kids, so bullying + shitty home environment gets exacerbated
- Likely substance abuse by retread kids, further exacerbating bullying +shitty home environment
It's worse than you think.

The entire Province has shit for mental health services. This includes GODDAMN VICTORIA. THE CAPITAL CITY. Hell, even Vancouver doesn't have adequate facilities. The exceptional individuals in the Liberal government of 2012 basically closed down Riverview Hospital in Burnaby, which was a psychiatric hospital. (Yeah, guess where a crap-ton of new homeless people came from?), but previous governments had been whittling it down for years, reducing bed capacity since the 1960s, and since at least 1987 they've wanted to close it down completely. In 1992 the NDP government was letting a bunch of people out of there and this process was described as "throwing" people with addictions and mental health issues "to the coyotes".

The mother probably moved to Port Alberni because her parents are there and it's (relatively) cheaper to live than stupid-expensive Victoria.

The entire province has garbage teachers. Sure, you'll find a few good ones scattered here and there, but most of them have given themselves over completely to IngSoc Justice, and either the NDP or the Green party and preach party line directly in class. The majority are "Orange Man BAD!" NPCs (despite you know, not being in the United States - but it wouldn't surprise me if some teachers are expat Democrats Abroad from the United States or Vietnam War Draft Dodgers or their children).

Some of the vacant buildings of Riverview Hospital are used as sets for the CW TV show Arrow, btw.

The mother of Bryer Schmegelsky finally weighed in (fuck, took her LONG enough, this started out as a MISSING PERSONS case FFS), sending a statement to the media and it was on CTV news just now. It was the usual "my son is a caring person/good boy etc etc" nonsense.

A person I know pointed at Bryer Schmegelsky's picture and said, "You know how you can look at a person and say, 'Downs Syndrome!'? THAT'S AN AUTIST!"

Last edited:

heathercho

あかんで !
kiwifarms.net

Yeah, that's the shit that's pathetic.
They lead that father to say what they wanted, ooking and eeking like typical Canadian apes.
God, I hate Canada. If they only put 1/10th of the energy into mental health for low income teens that they do for tranny perverts, it'd be a completely different matter.

Koby_Fish

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, that's the shit that's pathetic.
They lead that father to say what they wanted, ooking and eeking like typical Canadian apes.
God, I hate Canada. If they only put 1/10th of the energy into mental health for low income teens that they do for tranny perverts, it'd be a completely different matter.
The problem is the entirety of North America, starting in the 60s, started to become influenced by a wave of anti-institutionalization sentiment, which some pin on the release of "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" starring Jack Nicholson, which was critical of how such institutions are run. Some ivory tower eggheads decided that it would be "better" to let people out of asylums because in some cases yes there were abuses going on, and bleeding hearts were all "It's IMMORAL to lock up 'harmless' crazy people against their will!" However, there was also this drive to "save money" by shutting them down, also. There were supposed to be more outpatient services and whatnot, but some of that isn't sufficient for a large number of peoples' needs, and so what ended up happening is loads and loads of mental patients being cut loose, with minimal to no support after the fact. This of course led slowly but surely to the ever-growing, ever-expanding homeless problem in both USA and Canada. So, it's a widespread problem, even though you'd think a progressive mecca like Canada would be ahead of the curve in the whole dealing with mental health issues, but sadly no. The politicians can make more political hay out of a problem they promise to solve but never actually make a dent in. Sort of like how the politicians in USA always promise to "fix" education, while doing NOTHING to fix it and in fact letting the teachers and teachers' unions get away with infecting the ciricculum with Social Justice and worthless learning methods.

Follow that up with just cutting mental health services in general or letting existing services languish and disappear, or not implementing them in the first place, and you have the problem in Canada.

Bunny Tracks

Addicted to a certain kind of sadness
kiwifarms.net
The problem is the entirety of North America, starting in the 60s, started to become influenced by a wave of anti-institutionalization sentiment, which some pin on the release of "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" starring Jack Nicholson, which was critical of how such institutions are run. Some ivory tower eggheads decided that it would be "better" to let people out of asylums because in some cases yes there were abuses going on, and bleeding hearts were all "It's IMMORAL to lock up 'harmless' crazy people against their will!"
Yeah no. Here's the thing, "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" (both the book and the movie) were actually a watered down, redacted version of what was actually going on in the asylums, and while they did get some public attention when they both came out, it was the 1972 (fully three years before the film adaptation of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest premiered) exposé called "Willowbrook: The Last Great Disgrace" that actually horrified the nation into changing its laws.

Willowbrook was the largest asylum in the country for children with intellectual disabilities, and it was also where several outbreaks of hepatitis broke out and the medical staff did experiments on the children involving it.
I can't stress this enough. It wasn't bullshit, bleeding heart, liberal, anti-institution propaganda that shut down the asylums. It wasn't "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". It wasn't "ivory tower eggheads" who suddenly thought that crazy people were harmless, and locking them up was immoral.

It was the fact that the asylums were actual hellholes that needed to be shutdown. They also needed to have new facilitates replace them, but that never happened. It should've happened, but it didn't, and that's why we still have this problem with the mentally ill and who to treat still persists to this day.

A Name But Backwards

Me love you long time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
More proof that the dad is a major attention whore (and sketchy as fuck) he wrote a book and sent it to reporters in the last few days. It seems to be mostly autobiographical, but exaggerated. It also seems to be blaming everyone else for his issues, like his son killing people, him getting arrested, and his dad dying of aids.

Cynically Insane

kiwifarms.net
Well daddy Schmegma is most certainly delusional. It has been testified to by a shrink in court. I am so stunned by the level of this man's incompetence I can barely comment right now. Read for yourself.

Article

B.C. murder suspect's father reveals details of troubled life in book

by Laura Kane, The Canadian Press

Posted Jul 28, 2019 5:42 pm EDT

The father of a British Columbia murder suspect has written a book that sheds new light on his mental health, explains harassment convictions involving his ex-wife and provides greater insight into the possible impacts the events had on his fugitive son. Alan Schmegelsky, father of Bryer Schmegelsky, poses for a photo during an interview with The Canadian Press in Mill Bay, B.C., Wednesday, July 24, 2019. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Laura Kane

The father of a British Columbia murder suspect has written a book that sheds new light on his mental health, explains harassment convictions involving his ex-wife and provides greater insight into the possible impacts the events had on his fugitive son.
Alan Schmegelsky, the father of 18-year-old Bryer Schmegelsky, sent a book to reporters this week titled “Red Flagged,” which he says is a novelization of actual events and fictionalizes some incidents.
Bryer Schmegelsky is a suspect in three murders in northern B.C. along with his friend, 19-year-old Kam McLeod, and RCMP are continuing to search a boggy, remote area in Manitoba where they were last seen.
The 132-page book, which Alan Schmegelsky said he planned to self-publish this week but now does not intend to publish for sale, reveals new details of his troubled life and his numerous encounters with police and courts.
He said he sent the book to reporters to highlight how a “broken system” has shaped him and his son.
“My son and I have been treated like footballs. It’s time for some truth,” he said.
He writes that he was arrested by Victoria police on Aug. 4, 2008, his son Bryer’s eighth birthday, three years after his acrimonious split with the boy’s mother. In a rambling, profanity-laden recollection, he explains how he was sentenced to probation because he had no criminal history at the time.
Court records show he was charged with criminal harassment in December 2008. He was found guilty of the lesser offence of disobeying a court order.
He returned to court numerous times over the next decade.
A new criminal harassment charge was filed in 2012 and a number of breach of probation charges were added in 2014. He was later found guilty of the criminal harassment charge and some probation charges.
In 2016, he was found guilty of two additional criminal harassment charges, and in January 2018, he was found guilty of another criminal harassment charge and two breach of probation charges.
It’s unclear whether his ex-wife was the target of the harassment in each case, but Schmegelsky said in an interview that at least some of the charges were filed because the boy’s mother feared he would murder her, saying he was schizophrenic and was not taking his medication. He denies these allegations.
Schmegelsky writes in the book that a forensic psychologist diagnosed him as “delusional,” a conclusion he disagreed with. His lawyer described him as “autistic” at one point, he writes, and he was ordered to attend a crisis counselling centre but couldn’t afford to attend for very long as it wasn’t a government program.
He said his son never attended any of his court hearings.
The boy’s mother did not immediately respond to a request for comment. There was no answer at her door in Port Alberni, B.C., earlier this week and she has not returned phone calls to her home.
RCMP and Victoria police said they could not immediately provide additional context to the court records. B.C.’s Prosecution Service did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Schmegelsky says he does not currently have a permanent residence and has been homeless for about two years, staying primarily in Victoria.
He says in the book that the birth of his son on Aug. 4, 2000, was “an experience of a lifetime – the greatest.” He says the tiny infant became “embedded” in his heart in less than a second.
“My life had just taken on a whole new perspective. I would do anything to protect him. Life was good.”
He says in the book that his then-wife left him in 2005, taking their young son with her to start a new life in Port Alberni. Schmegelsky describes losing his son as “the worst heartbreak I ever experienced.”
He has said that he did not see his son between the ages of eight and 16, at which age his son briefly lived with him in Victoria and they worked in construction together for a summer. He showed The Canadian Press recent photos and videos of his son on his phone.
Herb Loomba, the owner of the Redford Motel in Port Alberni, confirmed that the elder Schmegelsky stayed there about once a month in recent years to visit his son and he last saw them together on the young man’s graduation.
Alan Schmegelsky traces his pain back to the death of his father. He writes that his father received a tainted blood transfusion in 1985 and died of AIDS in 1990, but that his family was denied compensation because they filed the claim too late. The Canadian Press has seen a 2010 letter sent from his MP to the justice minister at the time asking why he has not been properly compensated.

The manhunt for the two homicide suspects continued in Gillam, Man., this weekend as it’s been nearly a week since the last confirmed sighting of the pair.
Police, aided by tracking dogs and drones, have been going door to door, checking every residence and abandoned building in and around Gillam as townsfolk maintain their own stressful vigil for the fugitives.
The aerial search effort got a boost Saturday with the arrival of a Canadian Air Force CC-130H Hercules aircraft equipped with high tech thermal detection gear.
In addition, the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs said that it had requested help from the Bear Clan Patrol, an Indigenous-led neighbourhood watch group, and was co-ordinating teams to fly to First Nations communities including Fox Lake Cree Nation, York Factory First Nation, and War Lake First Nation.
Schmegelsky and McLeod are charged with second-degree murder in the death of University of B.C. lecturer Leonard Dyck and are also suspects in the fatal shootings of Australian Lucas Fowler and his American girlfriend Chynna Deese.

Edit: My utter lack of focus led to me being beat on this by the above post.

Last edited:

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
kiwifarms.net
Yeah no. Here's the thing, "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" (both the book and the movie) were actually a watered down, redacted version of what was actually going on in the asylums, and while they did get some public attention when they both came out, it was the 1972 (fully three years before the film adaptation of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest premiered) exposé called "Willowbrook: The Last Great Disgrace" that actually horrified the nation into changing its laws.

Willowbrook was the largest asylum in the country for children with intellectual disabilities, and it was also where several outbreaks of hepatitis broke out and the medical staff did experiments on the children involving it.
I can't stress this enough. It wasn't bullshit, bleeding heart, liberal, anti-institution propaganda that shut down the asylums. It wasn't "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". It wasn't "ivory tower eggheads" who suddenly thought that crazy people were harmless, and locking them up was immoral.

It was the fact that the asylums were actual hellholes that needed to be shutdown. They also needed to have new facilitates replace them, but that never happened. It should've happened, but it didn't, and that's why we still have this problem with the mentally ill and who to treat still persists to this day.
Asylums still seem to be hellholes (although less terrible than Willowbrook) that are understaffed with underpaid workers in dilapidated facilities if @Babyspackle is accurate.

I live near a hospital and most crazies are medicated and after they're stabilized they're given an appointment, two weeks of meds and shown the door. We see them wandering around, sometimes still in hospital gowns and slippers. It really makes me angry how it's the locals who give them water, food and carfare. Meanwhile, deBlasio's wife embezzles millions meant for mental health treatment in a city of about 9 million which lacks an accessible, affordable and modern mental health system. It's not just Canada

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino