Disaster Two teens previously thought missing now under suspicion for murder in BC - Port Alberni Teens not lost, just on the lam

break these cuffs

The weak should fear the strong
kiwifarms.net
Curiouser and curiouser.

A follow up with a bit more info. The boat was found northeast of Gillam and I've seen it referred to as both an aluminum kayak and the RCMP spokesperson referred to it as a punt, which is kinda like a shallow, flattom bottom, and squared off canoe. I thought they went out of style a long time ago, but everyone I know fowl hunts from blinds. Aluminum kayaks aren't very common either. I'm guessing that it was either an aluminum canoe, very common, or an aluminum skiff which are also common. Some skiffs are squared off like a punt, but they're usually larger. A skiff would have an engine and very small outboards are non-uncommon with canoes. A fair amount of hunters and guides in my area use canoes with squared off sterns for mounting engines easier. A location is not given. Reference:
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/rcmp-underwater-team-join-manhunt-for-b-c-murder-suspects-kam-mcleod-and-bryer-schmegelsky

Cynically Insane

kiwifarms.net
A follow up with a bit more info. The boat was found northeast of Gillam and I've seen it referred to as both an aluminum kayak and the RCMP spokesperson referred to it as a punt, which is kinda like a shallow, flattom bottom, and squared off canoe. I thought they went out of style a long time ago, but everyone I know fowl hunts from blinds. Aluminum kayaks aren't very common either. I'm guessing that it was either an aluminum canoe, very common, or an aluminum skiff which are also common. Some skiffs are squared off like a punt, but they're usually larger. A skiff would have an engine and very small outboards are non-uncommon with canoes. A fair amount of hunters and guides in my area use canoes with squared off sterns for mounting engines easier. A location is not given. Reference:
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/rcmp-underwater-team-join-manhunt-for-b-c-murder-suspects-kam-mcleod-and-bryer-schmegelsky
As you were posting this I found a picture of it.

Article

RCMP say damaged boat found in river near Gillam, Man.

The RCMP has sent an underwater recovery team to a river in Manitoba to search for two teenage murder suspects who fled from B.C.

@flanaganryan
Published Sunday, August 4, 2019 1:57PM EDT
Last Updated Sunday, August 4, 2019 3:04PM EDT
The discovery of a damaged boat near the Manitoba town where two murder suspects were last seen has prompted an RCMP dive team to search a river.
RCMP said Sunday that the aluminum boat had been spotted Friday on the shore of the Nelson River by a search crew using a helicopter.
An underwater recovery team arrived in Gillam, Man. on Saturday and was deployed to check out "significant areas of interest" on Sunday, the RCMP said

PHOTOS

RCMP Nelson River

An RCMP dive team was searching areas of the Nelson River near Gillam, Man. after discovering a damaged aluminum boat. (RCMP / Twitter)

Bryer Schmegelsky, left, and Kam McLeod

Bryer Schmegelsky, left, and Kam McLeod are seen in this undated combination handout photo provided by the RCMP. THE CANADIAN PRESS/HO, RCMP
Gillam is the last location confirmed to have been visited by Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod, who are sought by police in connection with three homicides in northern B.C.
Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese were found dead July 15 on the Alaska Highway. The body of Leonard Dyck was discovered four days later near a burned-out vehicle.
There was a confirmed sighting of the 19-year-old McLeod and 18-year-old Schmegelsky on July 21 in Meadow Lake, Sask. The vehicle they were using was found near Gillam on July 22, having been destroyed by fire.
Police have received a number of tips about the locations of Schmegelsky and McLeod since then, although they have not been able to verify any of them.
A large-scale RCMP search of the Gillam area began to be pared back about a week ago. The small, remote nature of Gillam – it has 1,200 residents and only one road connecting it with the rest of the province – has led to speculation that the suspects may have attempted to escape the area on foot or via boat rather than remain in a setting where they would eventually be identified.
https://twitter.com/rcmpmb/status/1158066335349399553

On Friday afternoon, #rcmpmb officers searching from a helicopter, located a damaged aluminum boat on the shore of the Nelson River. RCMP Underwater Recovery Team (URT) will conduct a thorough underwater search of significant areas of interest today.
View image on Twitter
https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1158066335349399553
This is the damaged aluminum boat found by #rcmpmb officers on the shores of the Nelson River during a helicopter search on friday afternoon.
View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

3:00 PM - Aug 4, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

178 people are talking about this

break these cuffs

The weak should fear the strong
kiwifarms.net

Cynically Insane

kiwifarms.net
It will be interesting to see cause of death. Murder/suicide is at the top of my list.

What really sucks though is that something was fishy in this whole story from the get go and now we will never know what happened. All victims and perps are dead. We, the public, will never know the truth. Everything will get sealed nice and tight to 'protect the families'.

Kudos to the RCMP for finally finding them less than 10 km from their last known location. Even though I no longer have a lot of faith in our nation's police force, I still gave them enough credit to think that the suspects were long gone. The RCMP used to be world renowned man trackers. But that was when they let officers work the communities they were from. Now they will take a Toronto raised kid and send him to the north and send a northern raised kid to the city instead of exploiting the years of environmental experience they each have.

My mom, who is pretty woke, said, "It is because they don't wear the hats anymore. You can't find someone in the Canadian bush if you are wearing a turban or hijab. You need to wear the right hat." LOL mom, there may be hope for your boomer ass yet.

Koby_Fish

The advice of the GALACTICALLY STUPID
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Officially both dead

I'm waiting for a link. RCMP just announced it live though.

Edit:
I have to wonder if they drowned and got washed up, or whether they just up and died, stricken down by whatever the black flies are carrying.

Or maybe it was a case of lethal inability to poop. Some people can't poop outside of an actual toilet, hold it in too long, in the wilderness and then finally just CAN'T, and if they don't literally get their shit scooped out of their rectum they will die - it's something Cracked brought up one time.

A Name But Backwards

Me love you long time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have to wonder if they drowned and got washed up, or whether they just up and died, stricken down by whatever the black flies are carrying.
I'd rule out drowning. It says they were in the brush. They probably got stranded and were trying to camp, or decided to suicide. They were close to the car the abandoned, and I don't think they actually used the boat (locals said it had be laying busted there for a long time).

Cynically Insane

kiwifarms.net
I shouldn't, but I feel for them. Their last hours must have been harrowing. RIP.
It is easy to feel for them. They weren't even charged in the murder of the couple. Why not? And they are kids. Without a solid narrative, (it feels good to use the word in the classic sense), my imagination conjures up scenarios where they were victims. Like the old guy killed the couple and the kids killed him while trying to escape the same fate. Perhaps this is because I need an explanation that makes sense. An explanation that isn't 2 kids my son's age going on a lame murderous adventure. I need motive to get closure.

Coldgrip

Dragon Kick your ass into the Milky Way.
kiwifarms.net
Officially both dead

I'm waiting for a link. RCMP just announced it live though.

Edit:
"Bodies of B.C. fugitives believed to have been found in Manitoba"

"Manitoba RCMP believe the bodies of two B.C. fugitives on the run for more than two weeks have been found on the shoreline of the Nelson River. "

"She said Mounties found the two male bodies in “dense brush” about one kilometre away from where the items were found. An autopsy in Winnipeg is scheduled to confirm their identities. "

Maybe it's the tinfoil wrapped too tightly around my head, or maybe it's my decades-nurtured cynicism, but why do I have a sinking suspicion that these aren't the two fags they're looking for and they're either new victims or a couple of unrelated corpses. The RCMP seem to be a joke nowadays and I can see them claiming to of found them in order to save face. After all, being out smarted by a couple of faggy speds is embarrassing even to canadians.

Thanksforpostingdude

Dammit Stormy!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Bodies of B.C. fugitives believed to have been found in Manitoba"

"Manitoba RCMP believe the bodies of two B.C. fugitives on the run for more than two weeks have been found on the shoreline of the Nelson River. "

"She said Mounties found the two male bodies in “dense brush” about one kilometre away from where the items were found. An autopsy in Winnipeg is scheduled to confirm their identities. "

Maybe it's the tinfoil wrapped too tightly around my head, or maybe it's my decades-nurtured cynicism, but why do I have a sinking suspicion that these aren't the two fags they're looking for and they're either new victims or a couple of unrelated corpses. The RCMP seem to be a joke nowadays and I can see them claiming to of found them in order to save face. After all, being out smarted by a couple of faggy speds is embarrassing even to canadians.
Thought the exact same thing once I realized it wasn't confirmed, only suspected. If they get outsmarted by these kids and these are new bodies, just fire everyone in the RCMP. Canada is ran by cucks for cucks then.

Also, I hope they investigate the parents still, as that one dad releasing a book at this time seems off as shit

Koby_Fish

The advice of the GALACTICALLY STUPID
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The autopsy results dropped today.
Police say the two B.C. murder suspects, whose bodies they found last week near Gillam, Man., died of suicide by gunfire.

According to the BC RCMP, autopsies on the bodies of Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod in Winnipeg confirmed the identities of the teenage murder suspects.

Police also confirmed they found two firearms with the bodies and are working to "definitively confirm that these weapons are connected with the northern B.C. homicide investigations."
McLeod, 19, and Schmegelsky, 18, from Port Alberni, were charged with second-degree murder in the death of University of British Columbia botany lecturer Leonard Dyck, whose body was discovered on July 19 just south of Dease Lake.

They were also wanted in the double homicide of a young tourist couple – Australian Lucas Fowler and American Chynna Deese. Their bodies were found a few days earlier July 15 along the Alaska Highway, about 20 kilometres south of Liard Hot Springs.

The pair led police on a manhunt that spanned over two weeks and four provinces, with investigators heavily focusing on an area outside of Gillam, where police say they discovered a burned out Toyota Rav4 they believe the teens were driving back on July 22.

It's not clear how long the suspects survived in the rugged bush, but RCMP say there are strong indications they'd been alive for a few days after the last sighting.

In a news release they added both had been dead "for a number of days" before they were found, and that "the exact time and date of their deaths are not known."

Retired RCMP Insp. Linda Gillis Davidson told CTV News she was not surprised the suspects had killed themselves, but added that with their deaths, there is still a tremendous amount of work to be done.

Rob Creasser, another retired RCMP officer, was hopeful the guns could be linked to one or both of the B.C. crime scenes.

"They can do ballistics and determine that yes, that was the same gun used at the crime scene involving the two young people," Creasser said.

Police now say they've finished searching the area where the two bodies were found.

"Did they find a cellphone?" Davidson asked. "Who did they talk to at the end, if they did?"

With the manhunt officially over, RCMP said their focus will be on assessing all the evidence, not limited to forensics, statements, timelines and digital evidence, and have brought in behaviour experts as part of the analysis.

Police said within a few weeks they are committing to providing both the families and the public with an update on the "totality of the investigation."

The BC RCMP's Dawn Roberts told CTV News that update will be based on facts and evidence, and acknowledged that already complex questions about motive have grown even more complicated since the suspects' deaths.
Still, Roberts said investigators will try to get a more solid understanding of the "why" behind the murders, and to share those details publicly.

"Unfortunately, there will probably be no complete closure for everybody involved in this," added Creasser.
Did their social media already get fully investigated/doxxed already?

• Informative
Reactions: spiritofamermaid

Fapcop

kiwifarms.net
Wtf?! Why did they suicide themselves?

Yeah, I could understand it if they were about to get caught and would be sent to jail for the rest of their lives.

But hello... THIS IS CANADA! Considering that they are teenagers, they would have been out in 10-12 years, and would have gotten a name change and a college degree in jail. (Don’t you think Karla Homolka is glad she didn’t kill herself?)

Yeah, spending your 20ies in jail fucking sucks, but time flies, and they could have spend their 30ies getting mega-laid in some corner of Canada where nobody knows their past.

Wtf happened here?!

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino