Law Two Texas men charged with First Degree Murder after shooting man in dispute over roadside garbage -

(Watch the video first)

• Guilty!

Votes: 80 23.7%
  • I doubt it!

Votes: 257 76.3%

• Total voters

TRUE ÞURSIAN WORSHIP

HAILAZ
kiwifarms.net
Was there ever an announced trial date? I'm trying to figure out what's going on but I can't find any info myself. Then again I'm pretty bad at looking for stuff like that, no practice

SunLightStreak

Elite Illuminati Task Force Agent for Cow Control
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Whelp there have been some updates.

First the 2 men involved have gone before a grand jury and been indicted. Often this is usually considered an easy thing to do, but it still happened despite the defendants trying to suppress the video from trial.

Since then, a proposed order has been made along with 2 letters and a Waiver of Arraignment. All of these records are not available for view. It could be the locals require you to have an account or it could be that they are sealed. I honestly don't know for certain. These were done on January 23, 2019.

http://publicaccess.taylorcountytexas.org/PublicAccess/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=17141020 (Link may not work and you may have to do the search again yourself. Best option is search for Michael Theodore Miller and Johnnie Miller - their charge is murder and you can ctrl-f for it) case numbers are 13518-D and 13519-D. You may have better luck than me at getting the images and PDF files. Also the phone numbers for the lawyers and street addresses for the Millers are in the court pages.

A proposed order could mean that since the Prosecutor got his indictment, that Michael Theodore Miller may have plea bargained.

My opinion for whatever it is worth, is that with the Prosecutor going for Murder as a First Degree Felony and the Millers actually getting in a gunfight over a mattress; yeah the Millers likely took a plea bargain than go through the expense of a full trial.

Besides being a stand your ground state. Texas is very much known for being a death penalty state. The only thing they seem to like more than owning guns is killing convicted murderers.

The fact that this has garnered media attention means there is a strong possibility that the parties could have opted for a sealed plea deal. The prosecutor cannot be seen as going weak on the defendants. The defendants are now famous in ways they probably didn't want.

Last edited:

JosephTX

Texas Penal Code Section 9.42(b) Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Besides being a stand your ground state. Texas is very much known for being a death penalty state. The only thing they seem to like more than owning guns is killing convicted murderers.
Actually in Texas, except for special cases not applicable here, you can't get the death penalty for killing only one person, even if it's completely premeditated and you torture the victim and set them on fire live on facebook.

Last edited:

SunLightStreak

Elite Illuminati Task Force Agent for Cow Control
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Actually in Texas, except for special cases not applicable here, you can't get the death penalty for killing only one person, even if it's completely premeditated and you torture the victim and set them on fire live on facebook.
I guess that is one less thing for the Millers to worry about. It was as a First Degree Felony so I guess I should have realized that they weren't up for Capital Murder.

JosephTX

Texas Penal Code Section 9.42(b) Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
I guess that is one less thing for the Millers to worry about. It was as a First Degree Felony so I guess I should have realized that they weren't up for Capital Murder.
Potentially even if it goes to trial I see a strong case for invoking 'sudden passion' under penal code Sec. 19.02(d) which reduces 1st degree murder to 2nd degree which would cap the max sentence to 20 years with possibility of parole after 50% time served, meaning if they get the mininum 2 years they're immediately be eligible for parole

Last edited:

TRUE ÞURSIAN WORSHIP

HAILAZ
kiwifarms.net
The boys are back in town

Gangster Talk

You lookin' at my gut?
kiwifarms.net
The boys are back in town

They don't even look natural in shirts. The police must have forced them to wear them.

Semper Fidelis, Miller boys. Litterbugs of Abilene can rest easy no longer.

Box of Shame

kiwifarms.net
The Millers' defense attorney gave a phone interview yesterday, and he is claiming they acted in self defense. The victim's girlfriend says oh no they dih-unt.. Trial date is still pending.

(edit: typo)

A father and adult son accused of killing a neighbor in Abilene during a dispute over a mattress in September 2018 were justified because they acted in self-defense, their attorney said.

Fort Worth attorney Justin Sparks said his clients will be ready to face a jury in Taylor County.

“We are justified to use force in self-defense,” Sparks said Tuesday in a telephone interview. “Texas is a ‘stand your ground’ state. You do not have a legal duty to retreat when you’re threatened.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article230347539.html?#storylink=cpy
A Taylor County grand jury indicted the Millers in December.

The Millers only recently walked out of the Taylor County Jail in Abilene after posting $100,000 bail each. The father and son, who returned to homes in Taylor County, made bail on April 30.

The Millers are accused of shooting to death their neighbor, Aaron Howard, 37, on Sept. 1 in an alley behind their homes in the 4300 block of Don Juan Street in south Abilene. Abilene is about 150 miles west of Fort Worth.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article230347539.html?#storylink=cpy

‘You can’t provoke someone and call it self-defense’

Howard’s common-law wife, Kara Box witnessed the shooting and disagrees with the self-defense claim.

“It wasn’t self-defense,” Box said Wednesday in a telephone interview with the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “You can’t provoke someone and call it self-defense.”

The case drew national attention after Box released a two-minute video showing the confrontation and the shooting. She took the video with her cellphone as she stood by Howard.

Box said the Millers’ attorney has tried to have the video thrown out because he said it was misleading. But she said the video shows exactly what happened.

Initially, the Millers were arrested and released after posting $25,000 bond. But they were re-arrested when their bond was raised to $250,000 once authorities saw the video.

Sparks had filed a motion for a hearing to lower the bail, but it was lowered to $100,000 without a hearing.

“We had character witnesses ready,” said Sparks, who has defended many clients across the state on self-defense for the last 10 years. Sparks is a former prosecutor with the Tarrant County district attorney’s office.

Sparks said Howard had threatened the Millers.

Sparks filed a motion in December for evidence favorable to his clients, noting Howard had been involved in 38 potentially assaultive incidents from June 30, 1998, to Aug. 28, 2018, mostly in Taylor County.

Those incidents reported to the Abilene police included disorderly conduct, criminal mischief where he was accused of breaking a car door, several assault calls, sexual assault incidents, harassment where Howard made threatening phone calls to a business employee, and harassment of a code enforcement employee where he left multiple messages threatening to shoot anyone who came on his property, according to court documents.

On May 8, 2018, Abilene police had a report of a terroristic threat to a public servant where a city code compliance officer was threatened at Howard’s home. A witness listed on the report was Johnnie Miller, according to court documents.

Before September 2018, Johnnie Miller had been charged with five crimes since November 1977 in Taylor County, ranging from aggravated assault with a deadly weapon to unlawful carrying of a weapon, according to court records. He had last been arrested in January 1979 on a charge of unlawful carrying of a weapon.

Michael Miller had not been arrested for any crimes in Taylor County before September 2018, according to court records.

Video shows argument that led to shooting

Box said she and her husband moved to their Abilene home in April 2018, but they had never talked to the Millers until the morning of Sept. 1, 2018. The Millers were their next-door neighbors.

“We had thrown out a twin mattress in a dumpster in our alley a few days before the shooting,” Box told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram in a September 2018 interview. “You have to have the mattress in the dumpster or they will not haul it away.”

On the morning of Sept. 1, 2018, Box and Howard were in the backyard when they saw the mattress was on their property. Howard tossed it back in the dumpster.

Box said that’s when John Miller came to the alley, pulled the mattress out of the dumpster and tossed it back on Howard’s property.

Howard told Miller to put it back in the dumpster. Miller cursed at Howard and told him he wasn’t going to do that, Box said.

“That’s when John (Miller) pulled a pistol out of his shorts,” she said. Box noted that Howard’s nieces and nephews had been with them in the backyard.

“Aaron goes into papa bear mode,” Box said. “A man has just pulled a gun on his wife, his brother, his nieces and nephews.”

A tense conversation ensues between Howard, who is not armed, and John and Michael Miller, who arrives on the scene armed with a shotgun.

video.

As tempers flare, Box steps in between her husband and John Miller. Howard’s brother has handed him a baseball bat by this time, but he never swung it, his wife said.

“If you come within three feet of me, I’m going to kill you,” Miller tells Howard. Seconds later, two gunshots are heard. The video also shows Michael Miller firing the shotgun after the first two shots are fired.

Box starts screaming, “No, no, Aaron!” after her husband is shot in the chest and head.

Howard was shot in the chest with the pistol and suffered a shotgun wound to his head, according to the Abilene Journal.

Box said John Miller walked up to her and put the handgun to her head, yelling at her to get on the ground. She said Michael Miller went over to Aaron’s brother, placed the shotgun to his head, and ordered him to the ground.

Abilene police arrived a few minutes later responding to a report of shots being fired in the neighborhood.

Box released the video just days after the shooting to let residents know exactly what happened that morning.

“I don’t leave my house much,” said Box, who still lives in Abilene. “I struggle with it every day.”

A trial date in Abilene for the Millers is pending.

Last edited:

ForTheHoard

Mocha Butt Fleshlight
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
These idiot prosecutors always do this stupid shit, taking what could have been a slam dunk open-shut manslaughter conviction and trying to turn into a murder charge. It's the same thing that got Zimmerman off because the prosecution just HAD to try for murder.
They know how bad they're gonna get dragged by progressives if they undercharge a white man, especially a poor, uneducated one with a gun. Occupy Democrats and Feminist News are just waiting on the next meme they can make that says, "White guy gets 2 days in jail for genocide while black guy gets life for doin' nuffin."

The 8 of Spades

This Is Our Church, These Are Your Sins.
kiwifarms.net
Occupy Democrats and Feminist News are just waiting on the next meme they can make that says, "White guy gets 2 days in jail for genocide while black guy gets life for doin' nuffin."
Sure, but no one pays attention to that shit unless they're already insane. Obsessive psychosis and a hair trigger doesn't tend to attract a lot of regular folks.

• Agree
Reactions: ForTheHoard

ForTheHoard

Mocha Butt Fleshlight
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sure, but no one pays attention to that shit unless they're already insane. Obsessive psychosis and a hair trigger doesn't tend to attract a lot of regular folks.
There's also a lot of people that live on social media. Don't get me wrong, I know the vast majority of people are fairly centrist and much more sane.

Anonymous For This

Flying pierogis at vienna.
kiwifarms.net
These idiot prosecutors always do this stupid shit, taking what could have been a slam dunk open-shut manslaughter conviction and trying to turn into a murder charge. It's the same thing that got Zimmerman off because the prosecution just HAD to try for murder.
These being what appear to be hillbillies, I doubt they're going to have access to great lawyers, but I can't see much difficulty in arguing self defense for the father for a murder charge. Dude has just thrown a bat at him and had said he was going to take his pistol from him and kill him with it. Texas, as far as I'm aware, does not have a duty to retreat.

Problem I see with the son is there was a delay in his father shooting and then him shooting. You can't see what is going on with orange shirt dude, but I don't suspect he was a threat by that point. I think son shot for no other reason than his father shot. Again, can't see what's off camera, so I could be completely wrong. Dude could have been still standing and trying to rush pops.

From what else I've gathered, looks like orange shirt guy was a major asshole and had a history of being belligerent. Even though I'm not really with the two shooters in how they handled it, orange shirt finally ran across two people who wouldn't put up with his shit. Fuck him. Right or wrong, if you're an asshole long enough, you'll find the wrong person on the wrong day who won't put up with your shit.

In some ways, if we had more hillbillies not willing to put up with loud-mouthed assholes, we might wind up not having a loud-mouthed asshole problem.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino