Careercow Tyler McVicker / ValveNewsNetwork (VNN) / Tyler Jon McVicker - Autist with stalker tendencies larping as the Jason Schreier of Valve news

Ambient Occlusion

kiwifarms.net
Was surprised when I glanced at discord today and was greeted with this for no reason as his new server icon:
View attachment 2055364
I guess this is what you can call, an "Out-of-season april fool's joke."
They sure love plastering their flag onto everything. I bet it'll be like that for the foreseeable future, and anyone who suggests changing it back will be called transphobic and banned from the server.

Also if Tyler is really hurting for money, why doesn't he sell some of the shit he has in his room? His room is filled with so much random game merch it's literally piling up in the corner and all over the floor.

Last edited:

baldonio

kiwifarms.net
They sure love plastering their flag onto everything. I bet it'll be like that for the foreseeable future, and anyone who suggests changing it back will be called transphobic and banned from the server.

Also if Tyler is really hurting for money, why doesn't he sell some of the shit he has in his room? His room is filled with so much random game merch it's literally piling up in the corner and all over the floor.
1617543241372.png
Every time i quickly check general chat in that discord i see something utterly retarded

CiaphasCain

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕰𝖒𝖕𝖊𝖗𝖔𝖗 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖙𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖘
kiwifarms.net
I take it Tyler has once again gone back to being all about Valve. I can't tell who's dumber; him or the people who gobble up what he says and praises him for it. This is literally the source mod Zombie Master which goes to show he's very clueless about the Source modding community in general...
That or he's willingly misleading people with this image. https://www.moddb.com/mods/zombie-master
View attachment 2052546
I'm going to say he's misleading people with this one. To not know what Zombie Master is would actually be retarded.

YumeNoHero

kiwifarms.net
I take it Tyler has once again gone back to being all about Valve. I can't tell who's dumber; him or the people who gobble up what he says and praises him for it. This is literally the source mod Zombie Master which goes to show he's very clueless about the Source modding community in general...
That or he's willingly misleading people with this image. https://www.moddb.com/mods/zombie-master
View attachment 2052546
I haven't been involved in Source modding for a really long time now, but looking at this image without knowing about that mod, I can immediately tell that this is pure horseshit. You can argue that this is an "early build" or whatever, these Source 1 manual lighting handling is a dead giveaway and HL ALyx is on Source 2 with different lighting handling.

CorinGetorix

Cynical, but retarded
kiwifarms.net

This is an extremely interesting tweet, and allows us to dig into Tyler's potential thought process.

"Games Media is harmful to the industry as a whole."

I'd like to get a specific definition of what Tyler means by "Games Media", but since he never elaborated, we're going to have to work with a couple of definitions.

If he means "Games journalists and their employers", he's stating that the practice of making and playing games would be improved without the ability to report on them or review them. Notice he didn't say anything regarding the current state of "Games Media", it's just "Games Media is harmful to the industry as a whole". According to this tweet, assuming this definition, Tyler believes that the concept of journalism makes the games industry worse.

If he meant "Games Media" to be "Anyone who creates media surrounding games (but not developing them)", the definition could describe anyone from Jason Schreier to YongYea to PewDiePie to the guy who made Chug Jug with You. The premise that these people make the industry worse is an insane one, and not worth talking about further.

Whatever the case, Tyler is included in both of these definitions. So either:

- Tyler is so painfully ignorant that he doesn't see himself as part of the problem group that he claims exists
- Tyler is self-aware enough to realise he's part of the problem group

If the latter is true:

- Tyler sees himself as solving the problem within the group with his style of journalism
- Tyler sees himself as contributing to the problem, like all the other members of the "Games Media"

If the former is true then that's a gigantic ego the likes of which I've never seen. If the latter is true... oh dear.

Final point: I've been quite pedantic, so at my most charitable, it just seems like Tyler is attempting to say "There's an ethics problem in games journalism right now". I wonder if anyone else has made that point before?

Flying Jew

kiwifarms.net
This is an extremely interesting tweet, and allows us to dig into Tyler's potential thought process.

"Games Media is harmful to the industry as a whole."

I'd like to get a specific definition of what Tyler means by "Games Media", but since he never elaborated, we're going to have to work with a couple of definitions.

If he means "Games journalists and their employers", he's stating that the practice of making and playing games would be improved without the ability to report on them or review them. Notice he didn't say anything regarding the current state of "Games Media", it's just "Games Media is harmful to the industry as a whole". According to this tweet, assuming this definition, Tyler believes that the concept of journalism makes the games industry worse.

If he meant "Games Media" to be "Anyone who creates media surrounding games (but not developing them)", the definition could describe anyone from Jason Schreier to YongYea to PewDiePie to the guy who made Chug Jug with You. The premise that these people make the industry worse is an insane one, and not worth talking about further.

Whatever the case, Tyler is included in both of these definitions. So either:

- Tyler is so painfully ignorant that he doesn't see himself as part of the problem group that he claims exists
- Tyler is self-aware enough to realise he's part of the problem group

If the latter is true:

- Tyler sees himself as solving the problem within the group with his style of journalism
- Tyler sees himself as contributing to the problem, like all the other members of the "Games Media"

If the former is true then that's a gigantic ego the likes of which I've never seen. If the latter is true... oh dear.

Final point: I've been quite pedantic, so at my most charitable, it just seems like Tyler is attempting to say "There's an ethics problem in games journalism right now". I wonder if anyone else has made that point before?
The tldr of my post: he might not see himself as part of a network that most journalists are part of and is pretending to take an ethical high ground for not being part of it.

For those that can take a quick tangent: McVicker is a McFaggot and I don't know him well but if I were to give a good-faith interpretation of what he means, I would assume he's talking about citizen-tier journalism versus industry journalism. Here he see's himself as the superior low-level citizen journalist. I don't personally see the any ethical distinction at this point because from the bottom (slightly popular YT streamer who gets sent free stuff) to the top (IGN, Gamespot, etc.), these people are really all just spokesman for their sponsors. That doesn't just apply to gaming journalism, but journalism in general. These entities need to generate ad revenue, or they produce journalism at a loss because these giant media conglomerates can shift money around to subsidize these losses. In other words - the reason why journalists are typically given their platform and free stuff, as well as exclusive coverage is because they maintain a good relationship with their sponsors (advertisers). An example of this system in action was when Jeff Gerstmann of Gamespot gave an unfavorable review to a game who's publisher paid for very expensive full-page advertising. He was consequently fired, and if I recall correctly the review was edited to have a higher score. Maintaining relations is the difference between being catapulted to the stars (e.g. Linus Tech Tips), or having all of your financial and advancement opportunities deprived from you.

It's possible to report and talk about games without being apart of this incentive network, but it just so happens that all the journalists and YouTubers that are popular are in this network. I haven't paid attention to see if McVicker is someone who receives incentives or is trying to maintain a special relationship - I'm just assuming he's a retard based off what I've read in the OP.

Dr. Kaffergood

Some furfaggot who likes imperialist vixens
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2057479Every time i quickly check general chat in that discord i see something utterly retarded
It’s amazing how the Valve community was once extremely offensive and made edgy jokes over a decade ago, but nowadays has fallen into the same “wholesome xd, BLM/ACAB, trans rights” nonsense that most other communities have, I think stuff like HLVR:AI and the like are partially to blame for it.

I’ve seen these exact people shit on Youtubers like Desinc because god forbid someone says “retard”

hupodoc

kiwifarms.net
It’s amazing how the Valve community was once extremely offensive and made edgy jokes over a decade ago, but nowadays has fallen into the same “wholesome xd, BLM/ACAB, trans rights” nonsense that most other communities have, I think stuff like HLVR:AI and the like are partially to blame for it.

I’ve seen these exact people shit on Youtubers like Desinc because god forbid someone says “retard”
The internet is alot bigger than it was even just 10 years ago, alot of the people who would make jokes about niggers and the like have been either completely displaced or that sort of "spirit" has died out at this point.

chimpSculpture_

kiwifarms.net
It’s amazing how the Valve community was once extremely offensive and made edgy jokes over a decade ago, but nowadays has fallen into the same “wholesome xd, BLM/ACAB, trans rights” nonsense that most other communities have
Any community on The Internet moves towards this, it's like autistic entropy. The Farms will, eventually, too become full of this. Maybe not trannies but same shit ultimately, mark my words.

You ever reckon valve programmers just put some code strings in purely to fuck with Tyler at this point?
There are waaaaay more people than Tyler that """""data-mine""""" he's just got a large following for doing it. A long time ago there was a file just straight up called hl3.txt in a Dota 2 update. I would call that fucking with them/Tyler.

Every time i quickly check general chat in that discord i see something utterly retarded
Janny gotta sweep sweep. 🏳‍⚧️

Most of that shit is proabably covered in cat fur, piss and shit, no doubt in my mind. But for real he would never sell that stuff. He's a hoarder.

Last edited:

Dr. Kaffergood

Some furfaggot who likes imperialist vixens
kiwifarms.net
Any community on The Internet moves towards this, it's like autistic entropy. The Farms will, eventually, too become full of this. Maybe not trannies but same shit ultimately, mark my words.
I think this is the biggest blackpill that will ultimately be true, god I hope they invent time travel so I won't have to leave the late 2000s ever again. I'd imagine 5G will just make things worse.

CorinGetorix

Cynical, but retarded
kiwifarms.net
There are waaaaay more people than Tyler that """""data-mine""""" he's just got a large following for doing it. A long time ago there was a file just straight up called hl3.txt in a Dota 2 update. I would call that fucking with them/Tyler.

No. I can guarantee you no developer would ever bother to waste their time screwing with an irrelevant youtuber or dataminer. The chances of any Valve developer making any decisions with even a passing thought of Tyler is so infinitesimally small it might as well be zero.

privateemails

kiwifarms.net
1617829265117.png

Seems like he got booted from the Creators team today, he's no longer on the people page and was demoted on the Discord.
1617829634766.png

There's no tweet or anything from him aside from a now deleted Discord announcement.
Funny, he was hyping this update for weeks.

EDIT: He went live 20 minutes after this post and said he left the team himself. He showed the trailer for the new event, which took over 9 months to make according to him.

Last edited:

Zhoban

Bougie von Savage
kiwifarms.net

privateemails

kiwifarms.net
How was he on the team or even allowed on ?
The founder got the idea of custom updates from Tyler's original TF2 servers and got Tyler on board. He became their hype man and in the leadup to launch was making monthly videos about how Valve's version of TF2 is dead, the player base is 90% bots, yadda yadda ya, so he can advertise Creators as the thing that will save TF2.
He spent a few minutes gloating over the update. During that one Q&A last week, he had the balls to say it's bigger than any Valve event.
What does he even contribute except except excessive attention ?
He mentioned they had a meeting decided it would be best for him to leave the team because his presence attracts trolls. A few minutes later he said trolls go after him because of his political beliefs.
It's pointless as he's still making a video on the event and has full beta access as if he never left.

Big Fat Frog

Blowtorch and Corkscrew
kiwifarms.net
God, that HLVR:AI video is the most unfunny fucking shit I’ve ever watched. I’ve found more fucking humor in 9/11 and ISIS footage, and watching even five minutes of it was like dipping my scrote in melted wax. The fucking “fanart” people make are terrible, and any references to Half-Life are immediately swarmed by people quoting the retarded video. It’s like those kids who would see HL2 and immediately say it’s Garry’s Mod.