Careercow Tyler McVicker / ValveNewsNetwork (VNN) / Tyler Jon McVicker - Autist with stalker tendencies larping as the Jason Schreier of Valve news

privateemails

kiwifarms.net
So what you're saying is he's still secretly in the team?
He said in the video he's still making videos about it and on stream he mentioned keeping his beta access. It just looks like he isn't making any decisions or will be involved with the development, which is the exact same role he's had since October. Around that time there was controversy over Tyler making big decisions with Moonly behind the rest of the team's back, so that has a chance of still happening. While Moonly was demoted from project lead to just lead developer, it isn't really a change unless the rest of the team enforces it. I don't think they mentioned if they even removed Tyler from the developer Discord server.
Based off how many times Creators has "reformatted" their team in the past and kept the same problems, it seems like Tyler might as well be staying on the team.

Last edited:

Kanuckski

kiwifarms.net
I'd just like to point out that Digital Directive is the first major project Creators.TF has worked on ever since Tyler fucked off from the team and it already managed to get featured on the official TF2 blog. (a)
I'm going to guess it has to do more with the fact this is Potato.TF's project. (Big MVM custom wave group that's been around for years) It's even still a limited time event like usual with them. The Creators.TF partnership is just them outsourcing even more of their content to the community since the items are exclusive to their servers. Potato.TF shit always gets promoted by Valve and this time Valve doesn't have to do any work by adding medals to the game. Just writing up a quick blog like they've always done for them. Even the dog shit April Fools MVM made by a singular tranny (one that I might add basically has their dox online) that features dogshit like this gets a blog mention. So if even that's good enough for Valve to promote, it's no wonder they'll promote any of their Potato.TF's serious projects that do seem to have a lot of genuine effort from a lot of people.

1618362412833.png

1618362463519.png

1618362430714.png

1618362442749.png

Big Fat Frog

Blowtorch and Corkscrew
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to guess it has to do more with the fact this is Potato.TF's project. (Big MVM custom wave group that's been around for years) It's even still a limited time event like usual with them. The Creators.TF partnership is just them outsourcing even more of their content to the community since the items are exclusive to their servers. Potato.TF shit always gets promoted by Valve and this time Valve doesn't have to do any work by adding medals to the game. Just writing up a quick blog like they've always done for them. Even the dog shit April Fools MVM made by a singular tranny that features dogshit like this gets a blog mention. So if even that's good enough for Valve to promote, it's no wonder they'll promote any of their Potato.TF's serious projects that do seem to have a lot of genuine effort from a lot of people.

Of course they’re a ponyfag, too. How fucking lazy is Valve for promoting this stupid shit to suffice for their lack of updates? Did they even fucking look into it? Probably not since they’re too busy adding bubbles to bottles in Half-Life: Alyx, launching gnomes into space, and updating the localization files.

The Medals Guy

kiwifarms.net
I'm going to guess it has to do more with the fact this is Potato.TF's project. (Big MVM custom wave group that's been around for years) It's even still a limited time event like usual with them. The Creators.TF partnership is just them outsourcing even more of their content to the community since the items are exclusive to their servers. Potato.TF shit always gets promoted by Valve and this time Valve doesn't have to do any work by adding medals to the game. Just writing up a quick blog like they've always done for them. Even the dog shit April Fools MVM made by a singular tranny (one that I might add basically has their dox online) that features dogshit like this gets a blog mention. So if even that's good enough for Valve to promote, it's no wonder they'll promote any of their Potato.TF's serious projects that do seem to have a lot of genuine effort from a lot of people.

Umm... I created both potato.tf and am hosting the "dogshit April Fools event" you speak of. Here's proof of my identity as [former] potato.tf owner and the current April Fools organizer:

https://mvm.pineapple.tf/images/kiwifarms.png [a screenshot of your post on the April Fools web server]
http://kiwifarms.potato.tf [302's to the above url]

I'm not mad at you or anything, but just pointing out the irony of shilling one group and shitting on another when both are (or were, in the case of potato.tf) operated by the same person. In any case, I (and the "tranny" that I worked with) don't expect everyone to like the April Fools event, so to each person's opinion their own. At least give us a little credit for doing a COVID charity drive with it that topped 2x fundraising than creators.tf's December charity in a fraction of the time.

Some other things I want to mention:
- I left potato.tf after Titanium Tank 2.0. Everything after that has been under a new administration I'm not a part of. I'm also not affiliated with creators.tf in any capacity.
- The April Fools event was made by like 8 people, but unlike creators.tf we prefer not to fling our dicks around, so you won't see all our names anywhere. In fact, we didn't want to mention the tranny's name either, but Valve mandated us to specify who is organizing the event for the TF2 blog post, which is why we put their name in. (The tranny was coordinating with all the other content creators to prepare their waves, and then submitted a fat zip file of everything to me to deploy live, very much like the creators + potato's arrangement.)
- Just like in potato's past events, I'm in charge of the TF2 medal distribution for the April Fools event.

Also hello, nice to finally join this site I guess. I've lurked this thread since it was first made and read every post here, but I never bothered making an account until now. Feel free to ask me any questions regarding my time at potato's, Valve blog posts, TF2 medals, or whatever and I'll be happy to fill you all in.

EDIT: I want to add that we'll be releasing a more serious MvM event rivaling in quality to potato.tf's past events later in the future. It might take a few months, but there will be a Valve blog post (and in-game TF2 medals) for it whenever it happens.

EDIT 2: You'll notice that the April Fools event has the same medal as potato.tf's signature potato medal. This is because of Valve's infamous medals ban, but I still own all 18 of potato's medals, which is why I'm allowed to use them here (and for any other TF2 project that I want really).

Last edited:

Kanuckski

kiwifarms.net
Umm... I created both potato.tf and am hosting the "dogshit April Fools event" you speak of. Here's proof of my identity as [former] potato.tf owner and the current April Fools organizer:

https://mvm.pineapple.tf/images/kiwifarms.png [a screenshot of your post on the April Fools web server]
http://kiwifarms.potato.tf [302's to the above url]

I'm not mad at you or anything, but just pointing out the irony of shilling one group and shitting on another when both are (or were, in the case of potato.tf) operated by the same person. In any case, I (and the "tranny" that I worked with) don't expect everyone to like the April Fools event, so to each person's opinion their own. At least give us a little credit for doing a COVID charity drive with it that topped 2x fundraising than creators.tf's December charity in a fraction of the time.

Some other things I want to mention:
- I left potato.tf after Titanium Tank 2.0. Everything after that has been under a new administration I'm not a part of. I'm also not affiliated with creators.tf in any capacity.
- The April Fools event was made by like 8 people, but unlike creators.tf we prefer not to fling our dicks around, so you won't see all our names anywhere. In fact, we didn't want to mention the tranny's name either, but Valve mandated us to specify who is organizing the event for the TF2 blog post, which is why we put their name in. (The tranny was coordinating with all the other content creators to prepare their waves, and then submitted a fat zip file of everything to me to deploy live, very much like the creators + potato's arrangement.)
- Just like in potato's past events, I'm in charge of the TF2 medal distribution for the April Fools event.

Also hello, nice to finally join this site I guess. I've lurked this thread since it was first made and read every post here, but I never bothered making an account until now. Feel free to ask me any questions regarding my time at potato's, Valve blog posts, TF2 medals, or whatever and I'll be happy to fill you all in.

EDIT: I want to add that we'll be releasing a more serious MvM event rivaling in quality to potato.tf's past events later in the future. It might take a few months, but there will be a Valve blog post (and in-game TF2 medals) for it whenever it happens.
There's no irony intended in my post, though I realize there's no actual indication of that. I'm aware that Tindal Berry themselves has been a part of many of the high quality MVM projects from Potato.TF as is plastered on their profile. This was not a purposeful omission, but, it definitely contorted the context of my post quite a bit in hindsight in a way I did not mean it to. The reason I simply credited them is because that's what the blogpost did and was therefore felt wrong to say "Potato.TF made a dog shit event." I obviously really appreciate that said event managed to raise so much money, regardless of my opinion on their quality. (I'll never forgive Valve for a wave that includes several bots dancing around while blasting the Among Us Musical though) I just didn't see it as a relevant thing to address and the blogpost I linked mentions it anyway, though I can see how one might disagree. While I certaintly do mean to shit on the work put into the event in this case, I do also understand the value of it as a fundraiser that's made 27000 dollars in two weeks.

1618368198562.png

Anyway, now that we've made our amends I do actually have some questions for you. Is the fact every event is a fundraiser a requirement for Valve to promote your events or did you just want them to be? (Not implying it's a cynical thing where the charity component is done just for promotion by Valve) What is your opinion on the various TF2 fan development communities and did you have any special or notable contact or interaction with them? Do you have any information as to why a partnership with Creators.TF was decided on? Why did you step down? And just to bring this back on topic; did you have any interactions with Tyler McVicker and did he try to get involved with you?

(P.S there's a thread about the general TF2 Community and if you have any further interesting things to say I'd love it if you posted there, even if it's a pretty dead thread https://kiwifarms.net/threads/team-fortress-2-community.84172/ )

EDIT: Do you have anything to say about this? Because it makes you sound like a really exceptional individual https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/f408cb/custom_mvm_is_now_in_the_hands_of_a_blackmailer/

Last edited:

franticeditor

Damn, dirty, stupid Troll
kiwifarms.net
damn, forgive me for what i said earlier. it looks like creators did in fact manage to scrounge up that mvm event after being dead in the water for a few months (though really only through the help of potato.tf it seems). vicker might not be on the "team" anymore, but he's always on the ""team"". seeing the event being okayed and advertised by valve does kind of suck though, with creators still having plenty of flaws even without tyler involved, and the fact that they basically just advertised a whole mvm campaign... one that they could have easily made themselves just through community content alone.

----

in other news, here's a former valve employee doing god's work:
1618950717505.png

1618950813101.png

https://twitter.com/chetfaliszek/status/1383179217056124929 (a)

Deathclaw Tiddehs

It's a thankless job, but someone has got to do it
kiwifarms.net
I really respect Chet (and Wolpaw!) for the writing the two have managed to produce. Seeing Chet backhand the child just makes me respect him more. Kudos. Tyler will probably scurry away to his hole, gently caress the mark on his face, and say to himself, "Daddy Chet has blessed me with a new mark!" Then begins the new cycle where Tyler obsessively stalks someone, and remains delusional about what the adults say to him, even as they become increasingly more blunt.

God, half the things he talks about revolve around his fucking dad, he's like a fifteen year old girl.
The vibe I get is "daddy issues." Most normally adjusted people might compare someone to their parents fondly and it's a one-off comment. Tyler constantly compares people to his dad. He always wants to be recognized, going out of his way to interact with people he think will fill that hole. Overall, the way he acts online is pretty consistent with people who never were properly given attention during their childhood. It is so close to how young women with daddy issues act that I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out that Tyler was clapped by his dad on the regular.

privateemails

kiwifarms.net
seeing the event being okayed and advertised by valve does kind of suck though, with creators still having plenty of flaws even without tyler involved, and the fact that they basically just advertised a whole mvm campaign
I think it' was posted just because of it being MVM and/or Potato's yearly event. After the Holiday Puncherinos boxing event got advertised by Valve and then was cancelled because drama, I started thinking the same horrid AI that picks hats to put in-game is also selecting what community events get posted on the blog.

What is Valve even doing with their multiplayer games? Dota apparently has a bot/cheating issue and it gets an anime that picked the most boring characters to make a show about, CSGO gets it's player substitute bots removed from competitive mode, and TF2 is in this weird state where it's getting trivial updates(like a cp_powerhouse timer) that don't even address the problems the game has. It's like buying a new air freshener for a shitbox car that has it's check engine light on and has it's rust becoming more noticeable as the days go by.

I don't blame Tyler for not being consistent with his TF2 news, but at the same time he shouldn't say anything if he doesn't know what's going on. He's fueling the flames with misleading rumors and the rest of the community takes it as news because muh HLVR news was right. He went from "15 people working on the game" to "2 people work on it" to "they implemented VACNET to casual"(March 2020) to "They're doing a spring cleaning community update"(November 2020) to "VACNET and a MVM update are coming"(March 2021) and 2 weeks ago it was something like "They're releasing an update soon that will focus more on content rather than dealing with the bots".
Again, I get Valve is frantic and nothing gets done, but he really shouldn't be reporting on every little rumor he comes across.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Again, I get Valve is frantic and nothing gets done, but he really shouldn't be reporting on every little rumor he comes across.
He is a youtuber. No videos = skipping your job = no money. Although, his views are so bad, that he can shit out new video each day and it won't help. I personally blame this:
tylerhobo.PNG

He looks like a hobo, who got lucky to shave and get a cheap haircut.

unclogged

I miss DUST 514 sometimes...
kiwifarms.net
I think it' was posted just because of it being MVM and/or Potato's yearly event. After the Holiday Puncherinos boxing event got advertised by Valve and then was cancelled because drama, I started thinking the same horrid AI that picks hats to put in-game is also selecting what community events get posted on the blog.

What is Valve even doing with their multiplayer games? Dota apparently has a bot/cheating issue and it gets an anime that picked the most boring characters to make a show about, CSGO gets it's player substitute bots removed from competitive mode, and TF2 is in this weird state where it's getting trivial updates(like a cp_powerhouse timer) that don't even address the problems the game has. It's like buying a new air freshener for a shitbox car that has it's check engine light on and has it's rust becoming more noticeable as the days go by.

I don't blame Tyler for not being consistent with his TF2 news, but at the same time he shouldn't say anything if he doesn't know what's going on. He's fueling the flames with misleading rumors and the rest of the community takes it as news because muh HLVR news was right. He went from "15 people working on the game" to "2 people work on it" to "they implemented VACNET to casual"(March 2020) to "They're doing a spring cleaning community update"(November 2020) to "VACNET and a MVM update are coming"(March 2021) and 2 weeks ago it was something like "They're releasing an update soon that will focus more on content rather than dealing with the bots".
it's weird he doesn't talk at all about how Mannpower is developed/played by one person at valve

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
it's weird he doesn't talk at all about how Mannpower is developed/played by one person at valve
No, what's really weird is that he still didn't shit out some video with "speculation" about Gaben's words "we have updates for TF2". I'd day he's given up, but he just recently uploaded another dead on arrival video about the future of DOOM: Eternal.

unclogged

I miss DUST 514 sometimes...
kiwifarms.net
No, what's really weird is that he still didn't shit out some video with "speculation" about Gaben's words "we have updates for TF2". I'd day he's given up, but he just recently uploaded another dead on arrival video about the future of DOOM: Eternal.
ah yeah, nearly forgot about that. people have been really optimistic as of late when literally everyone already knew that there was probably something in the works for TF2 so I've mostly put that out of my mind

proudmethhead

Legalize all drugs except weed
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if Tyler grew a LITTLE self control about reporting on TF2 shit, thinks he's "owning the tf2 community" not reporting on it or if he's just afraid of an entire community that for the most part has been tired of him since his days of shitting up the facepunch tf2 threads with worthless bullshit. Him and Geel are 2 spergs in a pod that I wouldn't trust around a kid but that's most tf2 players