Careercow Tyler McVicker / ValveNewsNetwork (VNN) / Tyler Jon McVicker - Autist with stalker tendencies larping as the Jason Schreier of Valve news

chimpSculpture_

kiwifarms.net
He's previously acted like he was in charge of the team and has tried to remove staff over the smallest of things.

I love this recording, it shows the kind of person Tyler is perfectly.

Trans-phobic Bigot: You want me removed because I used a word? my girlfriend is trans and I'm Bisexual.
Tyler: I don't care.
Trans-phobic Bigot: Don't tell a LGBT person what words we can use to refer to ourselves.
Tyler: OK. I vote to remove the person please. I don't want you on this team.

privateemails

kiwifarms.net
I love this recording, it shows the kind of person Tyler is perfectly.
I heard he made a contract, for a voluntary team, after the last fiasco. Nobody wanted to sign it so he quit the team. I assume him talking about leaving a few months ago means his attempt to reorganize the team last week didn't work. He's moved onto shilling another mod while he continues to downplay the state of Team Fortress 2. He just put out a video where he breaks the wall between news and opinions by stating that the development team is one person with no source to back it up. The last minute of the video is where his opinion completely takes over. It really seems like he doesn't like that the game is still somewhat active, or he's just retarded and doesn't realize what he's saying
1593733965276.png

Last edited by a moderator:

CWorm

kiwifarms.net
I heard he made a contract, for a voluntary team, after the last fiasco.
Signing up any contract for 'voluntary team' that you don't even get paid for is comparable to tying a noose on your own neck. I never get why would anyone sign something, spend months/years working on something just to be kicked out because someone didn't like you, and they get to keep all the work, while you probably also are tied under said lolcontract, making you unable to reuse it even for your own purposes.

Tyler keeps growing into an awful shill, given he keeps promoting any other community mod in hopes of getting at least a little bit of dixsux for giving that GODLY publicity. Truth is, anytime some 'influencer' promotes something, the servers get filled with the most annoying spergs you can imagine (see: any Source-engines servers that any 'influencers' or 'youtubers' played get flooded for weeks with squeakers) so I don't think he's even doing any service for the mod creators, defo they don't aim for having servers filled with rabid 14 y/os who unironically buy VNN's T-Shirts which have no effort and/or originality put into them.

I honestly can't tell whether or not he wants to be Jason Schreider #2 or some fangirl influencer who keeps trying getting into dev pants for street cred.

Coolio55

<(0_0<) <(0_0)> (>0_0)> KIRBY DANCE
kiwifarms.net
Eternal reminder that the dude who made the moonman maps for TF2 classic went onto OpenFortress and is so anally aggrieved about his past he hard coded it to crash any server that tries to run his maps.

kadoink

kiwifarms.net
Wow. I knew the guy was special but just thought he was just another attention seeking fan boy. Nice to see some legit clueless lolcowery after so much attention whoring these days.

• Agree
Reactions: franticeditor

Guli

Autism is the true Ethnostate
kiwifarms.net
3-6 Months after I unsub from someone they get outed as a sped Jesus H

I started after autoplay put me through some of his earlier stuff which was okay and just enough to sub, cut to a month or two later and the "my dad works at Valve and will get you vac banned on stem" was too fucking much, especially when he started talking to Gabe's son like he was a treasure trove of proof HL3 was real, to find out all the shit Valve has said lately has been putting out his fires is semi unsurprising, but I am 93% certain he's autistic and his obsessions is Valve, it would explain why VNN gets so much more effort put into it and why he rarely considers the consequences of his actions,

BrokenFeed427

kiwifarms.net
Has anyone mentioned his incessant daddy issues? I used to be a regular viewer of his streams a few years ago, and hopped around his content intermittently up to the release of Half-Life Alyx, and it was definitely consistent.
Guy can't go a stream or two without mentioning how much he and his dad don't get along. Might explain quite a bit, actually.
Recently I've been following Tyler as a personal cow of my friend group, so I'm really glad to see that someone here saw his potential. A few of my mates are in his discord, and what I've heard is that it's been on complete meltdown mode ever since the bailout donation stream. Tyler's thinking about nuking it, reportedly. Anything to "clean up the toxicity," I suppose.
Overall, really disappointing watching this guy go from indearingly childish to just straight up childish. Such a shame to see the slow crawl of "I must utilize my brand to push for change" claim another soul. I may be speaking for the minority here, but there was definitely a charm to this guy's antics, even if they were over-the-top.

privateemails

kiwifarms.net
Has anyone mentioned his incessant daddy issues?
Guy can't go a stream or two without mentioning how much he and his dad don't get along. Might explain quite a bit, actually.
IIRC he has an older brother who is successful in some industry(can't remember if he was a business owner or working for some big company) and ignores his autistic little brother. I'm sure nobody would want to deal with someone as big of a liberal shitbag as him
I used to be a regular viewer of his streams a few years ago, and hopped around his content intermittently up to the release of Half-Life Alyx, and it was definitely consistent.
Overall, really disappointing watching this guy go from indearingly childish to just straight up childish. Such a shame to see the slow crawl of "I must utilize my brand to push for change" claim another soul. I may be speaking for the minority here, but there was definitely a charm to this guy's antics, even if they were over-the-top.
I watched his videos up until around the beginning of this year. As the year ended I realized he was just giving 1, maybe 2, new things each video while the next 9 minutes would be filled up with speculation. He always ended with "There's BIG info coming in the next video but follow me on patreon to get it first". Dota and CS:GO get updated almost weekly and Tyler doesn't make videos on them, yet every 2 weeks we get a "TF2 is dead" video. For a news channel he sure does show a lot of bias and hate.

He was promoting Open Fortress a few months ago and had a voicepack plus references to him in the mod. As soon as TF2 Classic came out he jumped ship and insulted OF for being "less professional and using Valve assets" while claiming to not prefer one over the other. He even said he's going to be reporting them to a copyright attorney for using Valve's stuff. Talk about a snitch

privateemails

kiwifarms.net
I mean will valve really care at this point? They don't seem like the type of company to actually make moves unless they are openly going to get ass fucked. Even if the do thag just seems unbelievablely petty and just a way to wave his "insider contact" dick at people.
TF, CS, and Dota were originally mods for existing games, so they shouldn't have a problem with mods of their game. It's not like the mod was even using their stuff illegally. What made him want to report them was some reverse engineered code that had a similar filename and something with "Valve" at the top of it just for consistency with what they do have legal access to. But, as showed in his videos, he doesn't actually know anything about code.

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
He was promoting Open Fortress a few months ago and had a voicepack plus references to him in the mod. As soon as TF2 Classic came out he jumped ship and insulted OF for being "less professional and using Valve assets" while claiming to not prefer one over the other. He even said he's going to be reporting them to a copyright attorney for using Valve's stuff. Talk about a snitch
Y'know, for someone who's such a huge fan of Valve, he doesn't seem to have any idea how copyright with their games works.
If you're releasing your mods using Valve's IPs for free, like OF and TF2C are doing, Valve will never go after you. Even if you wanted to make a profit from it, so long as you fill out the necessary paperwork, purchase a Source Engine license (of which there are multiple tiers depending on your income stream), and pay a single Steam Direct fee, Valve will allow it on the platform. But usually, nobody goes through all that and just releases them for free.

Kinotobie

kiwifarms.net
Used to watch this guy religiously for any HL3 info. Didnt know he was this much of a mongoloid.

I don't get Valve fanboyism. Yes theyve made some really good games, but they've also fucked over consumer rights, barely make anything anymore and mostly just push failed gimmicks.

Last edited:

chimpSculpture_

kiwifarms.net
I heard he made a contract, for a voluntary team, after the last fiasco. Nobody wanted to sign it so he quit the team. I assume him talking about leaving a few months ago means his attempt to reorganize the team last week didn't work. He's moved onto shilling another mod while he continues to downplay the state of Team Fortress 2. He just put out a video where he breaks the wall between news and opinions by stating that the development team is one person with no source to back it up. The last minute of the video is where his opinion completely takes over. It really seems like he doesn't like that the game is still somewhat active, or he's just retarded and doesn't realize what he's saying
I don't think he wants the game to die out, any time theres a patch he can just read some patch notes and make some easy money for 20mins of work.

I think he does love the game, he's just a complete retard.
Also Tyler's been asking for Geoff to send him the Half Life alpha discs since he found out Geoff had them
View attachment 1437890
I think Geoff Keighly actually followed him on Twitter but when Tyler noticed this he spammed/annoyed him about those builds so much that he quickly unfollowed him.

As soon as he gets into contact with Geoff (reminder; proabably the most well known journalist in the entire fucking industry) he acts like an idiot annoying the guy to the point he stops communication, likely permanently burning that bridge forever.

I would love to see those messages, they must have been obsessive.

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
Tyler's recently been on a tirade covering L4D recently. Normally this wouldn't be of any note, but he's been speculating on a brand new update for Left 4 Dead 2 for awhile now, branding it as a "NEW OFFICIAL UPDATE!?!?!?11@?#W@!#!!? WHOOOOOOOOOA!". And now it's coming to a head upon a release of a new trailer that he's streaming footage from as I type this.
Specifically, footage from this trailer:
Aside from the fact that this is posted on some random guy's channel, and not on Valve's official YouTube page/the L4D blog, a simple glance at the YouTube description shows this:
JAiZ said:
Official teaser for the Last Stand Update. A collaborative effort by the community, for the community. Coming to Left 4 Dead 2 on PC soon. Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 are property of Valve Corporation, all rights reserved.
So this entire time, he's basically been pulling a stealth Creators.TF with his audience, only this time with him dropping all pretense of disclosing it being community-made content for the game and acting as if this is an officially licensed project from this guy and Valve in a similar vein to Team Fortress 2's Invasion update.

This is the equivalent of someone remaking a HL2 map in Source 2, saying it's HL3, with the source being: "Dude trust me".

EDIT: Unless I just completely missed the mark and Valve themselves HAVE announced this and are just playing catch-up, but as far as I can tell this is just a map port.

Last edited: