Careercow Tyler McVicker / ValveNewsNetwork (VNN) / Tyler Jon McVicker - Autist with stalker tendencies larping as the Jason Schreier of Valve news

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.

RSLUG30

:-DD
kiwifarms.net
New rule: If Tyler McVicker shills a game soon to be released then the game will have major flaws/ be bad.
--
from what i've seen, the problem with deathloop right now is denuvo fucking up the games performance in an incredibly noticable way. the actual reviews of the gameplay itself are fairly positive.

as much as i'd like to believe in the tyler curse, that is not the case here. tylers curse only applies to games and mods that he is able to worm himself into in some form, be it a voice acting or community management role.
in the case of deathloop, they mostly ignored him and just let corporate fuck them over on the games launch week instead. whenever denuvo gets removed we'll actually get accurate steam reviews on the game itself, and not the temporary anti-piracy measure

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
from what i've seen, the problem with deathloop right now is denuvo fucking up the games performance in an incredibly noticable way. the actual reviews of the gameplay itself are fairly positive.

as much as i'd like to believe in the tyler curse, that is not the case here. tylers curse only applies to games and mods that he is able to worm himself into in some form, be it a voice acting or community management role.
in the case of deathloop, they mostly ignored him and just let corporate fuck them over on the games launch week instead. whenever denuvo gets removed we'll actually get accurate steam reviews on the game itself, and not the temporary anti-piracy measure
After all the fuckups like this I'm still shocked people say Denuvo has no performance hit.

Slamerella

Ironic you call it a "Gift" of prophecy.
kiwifarms.net
New rule: If Tyler McVicker shills a game soon to be released then the game will have major flaws/ be bad.
View attachment 2535295
A bit unrelated but seeing that rating hurts. I was actually excited about Death Loop and was enticed by the project but them showing it too much every Playstation State of Play made me grow disinterested in it.

LiquidKid

Posts forever ruined by autocorrect
kiwifarms.net
this dude is downright insane, how people like this manage to find audiences on the internet when there are millions of honest intentioned people who fail every day will never cease to baffle me.

People like this are the reason why I have never liked Valve as a company or it’s fans as a culture. Well that and I only ever liked one of their games, but that’s more of a taste thing.

Maurice Caine

You talkin' to me?
kiwifarms.net
this dude is downright insane, how people like this manage to find audiences on the internet when there are millions of honest intentioned people who fail every day will never cease to baffle me.

People like this are the reason why I have never liked Valve as a company or it’s fans as a culture. Well that and I only ever liked one of their games, but that’s more of a taste thing.
Valve only made 3 games, HL, HL2 and now Alyx. Everything else was ideas and mods they brought in to source.

Critical Troon

kiwifarms.net
Fandom is sickering in most games, thus for some reasons most hugbox blind communities attracts troons. Sure it might be influenced by Garry's Mod and the popularity of if but saying that Half-Life 2 is best game and gameplay isn't really dated is just seeking for medical help that you are obssessed over only game and its company.
The best games are the ones where you doesn't need to stick with fandom to enjoy it (actually Half-Life community does the opposite). Might be time to just move on.
I also had a time of my life where I thought Gordon Freeman is a "cool hero dude", but after release of Half-Life: Alyx I wasn't feeling this same as I played Half-Life 2 for first time. I just thought its a good game.

Games where you need Discord account to contact with anyone outside games about playing games is just retarded idea for me.

LiquidKid

kiwifarms.net
Fandom is sickering in most games, thus for some reasons most hugbox blind communities attracts troons. Sure it might be influenced by Garry's Mod and the popularity of if but saying that Half-Life 2 is best game and gameplay isn't really dated is just seeking for medical help that you are obssessed over only game and its company.
The best games are the ones where you doesn't need to stick with fandom to enjoy it (actually Half-Life community does the opposite). Might be time to just move on.
I also had a time of my life where I thought Gordon Freeman is a "cool hero dude", but after release of Half-Life: Alyx I wasn't feeling this same as I played Half-Life 2 for first time. I just thought its a good game.

Games where you need Discord account to contact with anyone outside games about playing games is just retarded idea for me.
What game requires a discord to discuss? Most forums or image boards will have a place to discuss a game even if the community is small. Discords are just easy and people are lazy

Synthwave Obsessed

Send me your -wave recommendations
kiwifarms.net
It's so weird to me that people bitch about a game's communication falling into Discord as if IRC, Ventrilo, game wikis, modding websites, or message boards didn't exist before. Unless you're a hermit that plays single-player video games, never uses player-created resources, never mods your games, and never interacts with the internet, you will inevitably interact with a fandom in one way or another. The choice is yours to go deeper and take it seriously or laugh at it from a distance. We are nothing but monkeys with slightly bigger brains and we communicate with words because we need to. We crave social interaction. Yes, even the retards.

What game requires a discord to discuss? Most forums or image boards will have a place to discuss a game even if the community is small. Discords are just easy and people are lazy
I guess MMOs, but even before then, communication was done in IRC or Ventrilo/TeamSpeak/Mumble. Yesterday's IRC is today's Discord.

LiquidKid

kiwifarms.net
It's so weird to me that people bitch about a game's communication falling into Discord as if IRC, Ventrilo, game wikis, modding websites, or message boards didn't exist before. Unless you're a hermit that plays single-player video games, never uses player-created resources, never mods your games, and never interacts with the internet, you will inevitably interact with a fandom in one way or another. The choice is yours to go deeper and take it seriously or laugh at it from a distance. We are nothing but monkeys with slightly bigger brains and we communicate with words because we need to. We crave social interaction. Yes, even the retards.

I guess MMOs, but even before then, communication was done in IRC or Ventrilo/TeamSpeak/Mumble. Yesterday's IRC is today's Discord.
Every major MMO I know of has its own forum, and many have fairly active chats in game. The only time I can see you needing a service like discord is when you’re doing a raid that requires extra coordination, like BA in FFXIV which requires you to find 24 people in the area at the exact times needed to trigger and then has a lot of specific motions you need to do to avoid being insta killed

WULULULULU

We call this a difficulty tweak!
kiwifarms.net
We crave social interaction.
And duly ignored.

Really though, social interaction is what gave birth to millions of shit people trying to be the next Idiocracy. I would still prefer taking the redpill + blackpill than waste my time and breath to a shitty person. I'm not a retard like the 90% of youtubers like SovietWomble, I take a good view and leave if some moron's conversation becomes too brain-consuming, that way you don't repeat the same mistake every single godforsaken discord server does.

But hey, at least this gives us lolcows to laugh at.

Feldmarschall Tyrone

kiwifarms.net
lololol the reason for the TF2 mods being taken down by Valve was because some guy just sent Valve an email basically just asking, "this okay, will I get in trouble?"

I guess some stranger to Valve has better contacts to Valve than what Tyler has, when he sperged out about OF he supposedly pulled together some evidence and sent it to Valve in an email. Do they have him blocked? lol
The thing is Tyler spergs everytime something like this happens. He also manages to trip over himself because he's too autistic to double check his facts. Such as this time he Misunderstood what DMCA means.