Careercow Tyler McVicker / ValveNewsNetwork (VNN) / Tyler Jon McVicker - Autist with stalker tendencies larping as the Jason Schreier of Valve news

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

TinkerTimmy

edit: seethe
kiwifarms.net
Legitimately curious why this is
I've always been interested in Valve as a company, and he's always provided me with interesting going-ons. Valve has been somewhat of a more secretive company due to the way they are structured, and so I value someone to give me the tidbits that pop out from here and there. I also enjoy his speculation on the tidbits of info as he seems to be able to piece together a general direction for valve based on prior info and understanding of the company.

No, I don't watch his streams because he acts much too spergy for my taste. But as someone interested in Valve, his content is really interesting.

Synthwave Obsessed

Send me your -wave recommendations
kiwifarms.net
Valve has been somewhat of a more secretive company due to the way they are structured, and so I value someone to give me the tidbits that pop out from here and there.
You know, if someone (or a group) are super secretive and private, that generally means that they don't want some exceptional individual to go barging in and obsessively documenting every time someone even breathes. Most well-adjusted people are aware of this quiet understanding of social norms. Very few people don't get that, including those on the spectrum. Like for example, Tyler stalking and harassing Valve employees and making their names known to his super spergy fanbase so that they can be hounded about HWEN HAELF LYFE TER33??1?!1?!!?1 even in private. I'm sure it's just a weird coincidence that no one at Valve speaks positively about him. Some of them making their annoyance public as people have gotten tired of him, too. Pretty sure it's just a weird coincidence that Valve stopped making games about the same time Tyler showed up to broadcast everything about them.

TinkerTimmy

kiwifarms.net
if someone (or a group) are super secretive and private
Valve isn't secretive on purpose, they just don't have public relations group due to the way the employees are structured within the company, there isn't a group of PR employees, there are only games, hardware, and software project teams. In those teams, there aren't leaders or managers, it's just employees working on a project. None really have the authority to act as PR
including those on the spectrum
hue.

I'll tell you again why I like Tyler
he's always provided me with interesting going-ons
That's it! The man provides me with information on Valve that I cannot get anywhere else. Which is another reason I can set aside some of his spergery. I doubt he's really as big of a bother to Valve as you're making him out to be, but even if he was I wouldn't care. I watch him for Valve info. I don't watch him to think about employee's fee-fees.

As someone who is a fan of Valve and a fan of his channel but is not a "fan" of Tyler himself, if you can provide me with a reason that "his channel" is a bad place to get information on Valve itself I will stop watching, but I like him (not a fan of him) because he provides good information on Valve on "his channel".

Last edited:

CorinGetorix

Cynical, but exceptional
kiwifarms.net
Valve isn't secretive on purpose, they just don't have public relations group due to the way the employees are structured within the company, there isn't a group of PR employees, there are only games, hardware, and software project teams. In those teams, there aren't leaders or managers, it's just employees working on a project. None really have the authority to act as PR

hue.

That's it! The man provides me with information on Valve that I cannot get anywhere else. Which is another reason I can set aside some of his spergery. I doubt he's really as big of a bother to Valve as you're making him out to be, but even if he was I wouldn't care. I watch him for Valve info. I don't watch him to think about employee's fee-fees.

As someone who is a fan of Valve and a fan of his channel but is not a "fan" of Tyler himself, if you can provide me with a reason that "his channel" is a bad place to get information on Valve itself I will stop watching, but I like him (not a fan of him) because he provides good information on Valve on "his channel".

The reason why you get this information only from Tyler is because other places and people are held to reasonable journalistic standards.

Synthwave Obsessed

Send me your -wave recommendations
kiwifarms.net

hue.

Unironically, you are actually on the spectrum. The entire thread is here if you need a reason for why Tyler is shit at what he does. You're just a lazy cunt that wants someone to spell it out for you. There are highlights, there's the OP, there's the last few pages if you're really super lazy. We're not as patient as your mom and dad, and certainly not as much as the sped teacher you need one-on-one interaction with to grasp basic concepts like arriving at 2+2=4.

Since you're an exceptional individual, I'll simplify what I said in a format you can understand:
Read the thread or be the autist that gets kicked.

Your choice. Choose wisely.

Last edited:

Big Fat Frog

Blowtorch and Corkscrew
kiwifarms.net
The man provides me with information on Valve that I cannot get anywhere else. Which is another reason I can set aside some of his spergery.
So you’re an Autist who cannot do any research unless it’s spoon fed to you in a half-assed manner by a speculative exceptional individual internet micro-celebrity “journalist” who continues to make an ass of himself because he jingles the keys with your favorite video game company’s logo on it like an idiot in front of your stupid, inattentive face?

Mecha-Jerkop

"Anti-Srema... Anti-Sema... Anti-Semantic."
kiwifarms.net

hue.

Thank you for admitting you're a braindead exceptional individual who needs everything spoon-fed to you instead of doing your own research for once in your life.

Go back to r/Valve and Tyler's discord unironically

chimpSculpture_

kiwifarms.net
If anyone here think's he's a stalker you're an exceptional individual. Spamming a Valve dev's Twitter with questions until you're blocked isn't stalking, I think that's the worst thing he ever did that anyone could ever constitute as stalking and it's what makes him a stalker?

And there's no way he was responsible for Valve cancelling a project or anything like that as far as I'm aware. If VNN's a stalker then so is half the people on this thread and site lol.

Thank you for admitting you're a braindead exceptional individual who needs everything spoon-fed to you instead of doing your own research for once in your life.

Go back to r/Valve and Tyler's discord unironically
So you’re an Autist who cannot do any research unless it’s spoon fed to you in a half-assed manner by a speculative exceptional individual internet micro-celebrity “journalist” who continues to make an ass of himself because he jingles the keys with your favorite video game company’s logo on it like an idiot in front of your stupid, inattentive face?
What does "your own research" even mean? Do you mean looking through their released games' files for strings? Or looking for logged Steam-App IDs on SteamDB? Because that's autistic af, it's the closest thing to actual research when you're working with the dried up groundwater-well that is Valve. The only people who do that are autists like VNN. Why don't people just wait until the company announces something? lol.

If you want to free yourself from being a VNN A-Log then here are the Top-5 reasons to laugh instead of get angry and start A-Logging!
  1. He has a massive annoying ego, or at least has in the last few years, probably starting around the time he started calling his videos "reports".
  2. He uses his semi-fame amongst fans to insert himself into every project he finds interesting and then slowly, destroys it from inside without even realising it.
  3. He e-begs constantly on his streams and (granted only occassionly and a li'le bit) in his YT videos.
  4. He doesn't respect your time, he'll post worthless, unsubstantiated shite so he can pay his rent. Which is fine, if retards are going to drink that shit up then why not give them what they want? But it does make him look like an actor who couldn't grow his career beyond being a children's entertainer.
  5. He has a poor filter, he must be autistic or near autistic because he'll spout out things that no normal human would say. He spazzes out on stream all the time with his attempts to make you laugh, they make me laugh but not how he might expect. Especially his CEO Man skit.
Not to mention the cat incident(s), the Source leaks, weird tranny shit, the leaked chat-logs or the fact he's spent 10 years following Valve and then suddenly turned his attitude from obsession to loathing. He swapped his brand out from VNN to "Tyler McVicker" like a bitter girl-friend who got dumped lol.

It's a better reason than any other reason, although around 80% of what he has said is either:
  • Just not true at all (like the time some people were on a tour at Valve, but then lied to VNN, saying they saw something to see if he'd put it in one of his videos for a laugh)
  • Hasn't ever seen the light of day (because it's a studio that, surprise! cancels things all the time).
  • Or baseless speculation that's mainly to start hype, not necessarily for views (although I imagine he isn't against that) but because he's a hyper autistic fan.
It's entertaining stuff to see what he can find/say but I guess it's something you'd take with a big grain of salt, like Guinness book of world records sized grains of salt.

Last edited:

Resident TF2tard

Damn, dirty, stupid Troll
kiwifarms.net
so many autists in this thread recently

anyway, to outline some of the recent highlights, in chronological order:
  • 2 tf2 mods (open fortress and classic) announce on twitter that their downloads disabled because they emailed valve about some unknown shit regarding them, to which valve replied "just dont redistribute also do you want this on steam"
  • seeing the tweets, tyler immediately starts working on a video
  • the email leaks (because the tf2 is very trustworthy) and gets spread
  • tyler and some sperg named EonDynamo from a vaporware tf2 mod see this email and collaborate the previously mentioned video (despite not knowing the context of the email)
  • tyler incorrectly calls the situation a dmca
  • he gets called out for making the video and incorrectly labeling the situation and has an autistic fallout, taking down the video and deleting all of his tweets about it, claiming he's "done with tf2"
  • immediately after claiming he's done with tf2, he does a livestream with the vaporware sperg, a russian kid from troons.tf, and some other guy who never talked
  • vaporware sperg talks so much that the russian kid straight up leaves the call mid stream
  • tyler uses the stream as an opportunity to shill himself and say he didnt do the code leaks (the ones that allowed these tf2 mods to exist in the first place)
  • uploads a video later thats a highlight of the stream, it's just tyler virtue signaling and promoting a discord server that is supposed to "help tf2"
  • discord server doesnt even have anyone in it who was involved with the email
  • lol
  • immediately followed this by stalking valve employees on twitter because some of them left
  • claims its because of "workplace toxicity"

Big Fat Frog

Blowtorch and Corkscrew
kiwifarms.net
What does "your own research" even mean? Do you mean looking through their released games' files for strings? Or looking for logged Steam-App IDs on SteamDB? Because that's autistic af, it's the closest thing to actual research when you're working with the dried up groundwater-well that is Valve. The only people who do that are autists like VNN. Why don't people just wait until the company announces something? lol.
It’s one thing digging in code like an autist yourself and forming your own opinions on it, but it’s another thing getting your opinions from someone as speculative and conjectural as Tyler.

chimpSculpture_

kiwifarms.net
The zoo called, they said they don't want their autistic chimp back, so I guess you're on your own. I don't want you here either. Shoo, and stop throwing your crap around. Tyler brought us enough of that already. Nobody can convince me that Tyler is not autistic. I'm tired of all these simp chimps.
:slayer:
Tyler's 100% autistic and a spazmoid. IDK how you would think I don't think he's not.
1632472751914.png

I just don't know why anyone would call him a stalker? He's definatly not a journalist either tho. He's some sort of organized exceptional individual.

Last edited:

Cheese-Loving Citizen

They put something in the water to make you gay.
kiwifarms.net
I just don't know why anyone would call him a stalker? He's definatly not a journalist either tho. He's some sort of organized exceptional individual.
Stalker would imply he actually put in effort into tracking Valve employees down and finding everything about them. He's just a bumbling idiot who constantly prods people on minute details and fails at everything, with a little dash of Battered Wife Syndrome.

Ah_Roon

kiwifarms.net
  • tyler uses the stream as an opportunity to shill himself and say he didnt do the code leaks (the ones that allowed these tf2 mods to exist in the first place)
You are thinking of the 2011 leaks that leaked 2008 tf2 code which tf2classic and open fortress use
admittedly Tyler probably at least knows about the existence of the 2018 leaked code prior to it being leaked in 2020 since it has been shared around in his friend group for quite a while and it seems the whole reason that it leaked to the public was due to disagreements in said group revolving around Tyler's friendship with the leaker and a troon?

Feldmarschall Tyrone

kiwifarms.net
If anyone here think's he's a stalker you're an exceptional individual. Spamming a Valve dev's Twitter with questions until you're blocked isn't stalking, I think that's the worst thing he ever did that anyone could ever constitute as stalking and it's what makes him a stalker?

And there's no way he was responsible for Valve cancelling a project or anything like that as far as I'm aware. If VNN's a stalker then so is half the people on this thread and site lol.

If you want to free yourself from being a VNN A-Log then here are the Top-5 reasons to laugh instead of get angry and start A-Logging!
  1. He has a massive annoying ego, or at least has in the last few years, probably starting around the time he started calling his videos "reports".
  2. He uses his semi-fame amongst fans to insert himself into every project he finds interesting and then slowly, destroys it from inside without even realising it.
  3. He e-begs constantly on his streams and (granted only occassionly and a li'le bit) in his YT videos.
  4. He doesn't respect your time, he'll post worthless, unsubstantiated shite so he can pay his rent. Which is fine, if retards are going to drink that shit up then why not give them what they want? But it does make him look like an actor who couldn't grow his career beyond being a children's entertainer.
  5. He has a poor filter, he must be autistic or near autistic because he'll spout out things that no normal human would say. He spazzes out on stream all the time with his attempts to make you laugh, they make me laugh but not how he might expect. Especially his CEO Man skit.
Not to mention the cat incident(s), the Source leaks, weird tranny shit, the leaked chat-logs or the fact he's spent 10 years following Valve and then suddenly turned his attitude from obsession to loathing. He swapped his brand out from VNN to "Tyler McVicker" like a bitter girl-friend who got dumped lol.

It's a better reason than any other reason, although around 80% of what he has said is either:
  • Just not true at all (like the time some people were on a tour at Valve, but then lied to VNN, saying they saw something to see if he'd put it in one of his videos for a laugh)
  • Hasn't ever seen the light of day (because it's a studio that, surprise! cancels things all the time).
  • Or baseless speculation that's mainly to start hype, not necessarily for views (although I imagine he isn't against that) but because he's a hyper autistic fan.
It's entertaining stuff to see what he can find/say but I guess it's something you'd take with a big grain of salt, like Guinness book of world records sized grains of salt.

Tyler’s Ego didn’t get this bad until Half-Life: Alyx was revealed, and I’m sure you know why.

Resident TF2tard

Damn, dirty, stupid Troll
kiwifarms.net
You are thinking of the 2011 leaks that leaked 2008 tf2 code which tf2classic and open fortress use
admittedly Tyler probably at least knows about the existence of the 2018 leaked code prior to it being leaked in 2020 since it has been shared around in his friend group for quite a while and it seems the whole reason that it leaked to the public was due to disagreements in said group revolving around Tyler's friendship with the leaker and a troon?
its the same leak