Careercow Tyler McVicker / ValveNewsNetwork (VNN) / Tyler Jon McVicker - Autist with stalker tendencies larping as the Jason Schreier of Valve news

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Resident TF2tard

Damn, dirty, stupid Troll
kiwifarms.net
some kid with cancer got an untradable, unmarketable, etc. golden frying pan (rare item) with an unusual effect of their choice (community sparkle) and had to private his profile because of friend requests. not really out of line for someone who owns a golden frying pan to begin with. tradefags do shit like this all the time and tyler's using this specific situation to virtue signal as usual

Feldmarschall Tyrone

kiwifarms.net
some kid with cancer got an untradable, unmarketable, etc. golden frying pan (rare item) with an unusual effect of their choice (community sparkle) and had to private his profile because of friend requests. not really out of line for someone who owns a golden frying pan to begin with. tradefags do shit like this all the time and tyler's using this specific situation to virtue signal as usual
Exactly what I mean

Synthwave Obsessed

Send me your -wave recommendations
kiwifarms.net
Don't pretend that Valve didn't kill tf2 with its neglect.
I guess it's a little off topic, but it makes me really sad that Valve pretty much gave up on their games. Outside of Artifact (lol) and Alyx, I don't think they've done anything video game related. They're just the company that collects a paycheck from Steam. It is a shame because they have the potential to make risky decisions without really hurting. Yet, even with 20 people and Gabe's Microsoft money, they took more risks back when failure could cost them everything. The more recent trend in the last decade seems so out of character and I wonder if Tyler's obsessive stalking nature to call out random employees by name and have a big coomsoomer moment over a random string had something to do with Valve's lack of software risks. Valve has a problem that no other video game company on the planet has. Why would you take your creativity to Valve if some brat from Ohio is going to tell everyone who you are?

Maurice Caine

You talkin' to me?
kiwifarms.net
I guess it's a little off topic, but it makes me really sad that Valve pretty much gave up on their games. Outside of Artifact (lol) and Alyx, I don't think they've done anything video game related. They're just the company that collects a paycheck from Steam. It is a shame because they have the potential to make risky decisions without really hurting. Yet, even with 20 people and Gabe's Microsoft money, they took more risks back when failure could cost them everything. The more recent trend in the last decade seems so out of character and I wonder if Tyler's obsessive stalking nature to call out random employees by name and have a big coomsoomer moment over a random string had something to do with Valve's lack of software risks. Valve has a problem that no other video game company on the planet has. Why would you take your creativity to Valve if some brat from Ohio is going to tell everyone who you are?
I suspect they're negotiating to buy tf2c and open fortress out, but that's just me... If you really look at it Valve always just made the technology and the community did the rest.

Olivek

kiwifarms.net
I suspect they're negotiating to buy tf2c and open fortress out, but that's just me... If you really look at it Valve always just made the technology and the community did the rest.
It would be such a godly middle finger for Tyler if they did that. The fucker went out of his way to try and mingle with those community projects and if they didn't appeal to him he would start drama in some way or form or just be some bitter bitch and be passive agressive.

SlipNHonk

kiwifarms.net
I been playing TF2 since 2007, and the game itself had become increasingly more unstable from 2010 to 2017. They gave this game 10 years worth of content (even if the overwhelming majority of content was community made) before stopping major updates. Honestly, the only reason Valve hasn't said they're retiring from updating TF2 is because the game hosts a group of whales willing to buy cosmetic packs to this very day. All they need to keep their interest is rummage through workshop 3 times a year to make a few packs for Summer, Halloween, and Winter. The game is a total mess, most of the community stuff ranging from weapons to particle effects don't even have an LoD model for example, so many server plugins are nonfunctional after constant updates to the game and with more and more shit added, that means the entity limit for this current build of Source Engine has practically reached its limit. Moving the entire game over to Source 2 would be an overwhelming task and since Valve is shy of actually expanding its company employees over 400, you're not seeing more than one person maintaining this game

As much as Tyler is an idiot, I doubt Tyler has that much control over Valve. Valve once got their servers penetrated due to someone password guessing Gabe's email (his pw was literally 'Gaben') and got ahold of the source code for Source along with the pre-alpha version of Half-Life 2. Tyler on the other hand is just filling a void of trying to get news out of a company known to be secretive. However, if they really are being influenced by Tyler, than that's not good for a companies reputation and shows a severe flaw in how its managed. Anyways, Valve is only operational because they were technically the 'first' to really take advantage of online retail in a serious manner. Yes, some came before them, but they didn't put anywhere close to the effort Valve was putting into in the late 2000's. Valve pretty much has their company on autopilot since the early 2010's. Gabe even moved 7000 miles away to New Zealand without any of his workers, yet still manages the company (lol?), so he's practically in semi-retired mode. He no longer has to play the PR role of being this big lovable softy "Lord Gaben" advocating for Valve because the company no longer needs to do so since everybody has become adjusted to viewing Steam as not just a DRM platform for PC gaming, but rather PC Gaming as a whole.

Valve does not need to buy what belongs to them in the first place.

Yeah pretty, never played it since, had well over a 1000 hours into that game. RIP
Play on community servers. Bots and shit wouldn't be a problem if not for the fact that Valve sidelined community servers over matchmaking. I really do miss the pre-matchmaking days of TF2.

Last edited:

Premium Dog Food

kiwifarms.net
It was only through twitch revenue (bits, ads, subs, etc.) right? So god knows how much he got from donations on Paypal.
Yes, from August 2019 to October 2021. You must also consider the Patreon revenue (Currently 685$ a month), donations, and the merch he's shilling about occasionally, altough I do not know how much he gets from those. Add the youtube revenue and sponsors on top of that, and you have a decent cashflow while sitting on your ass doing nothing and complaining about any miniscule thing the "tf2 community" does.

Slamerella

Ironic you call it a "Gift" of prophecy.
kiwifarms.net
Yes, from August 2019 to October 2021. You must also consider the Patreon revenue (Currently 685$ a month), donations, and the merch he's shilling about occasionally, altough I do not know how much he gets from those. Add the youtube revenue and sponsors on top of that, and you have a decent cashflow while sitting on your ass doing nothing and complaining about any miniscule thing the "tf2 community" does.
Too bad he wont talk about actual issues cropping up like people DDOSing valve directly instead of in the server itself and supposed plans for "Australium Mining"

chimpSculpture_

kiwifarms.net
The funniest thing about Tyler is even at his job of being Valve's number 1 sperg he is still bad at it when other people make more informative videos and find out more about Valve's secret projects

Did he even have an inkling that Valve was working on the Steam Deck?

Slamerella

Ironic you call it a "Gift" of prophecy.
kiwifarms.net
Did he even have an inkling that Valve was working on the Steam Deck?
Me and some friends have an injoke that insiders saw the Steam Deck and thought it was the fabled "Switch Pro" because of the similarities. Which, he too reported on.

Sorry, what I meant to say, is that Tyler regurgitated info from other outlets as if it were news.

chimpSculpture_

kiwifarms.net
He literally shills either his merchandise, Patreon or Twitch almost every minute, not even a joke.

The video has nothing to say, he mentions that he's been reaching out to "many" people at CDPR but from what he actually says in the video it's probably a few people reiterating the company's public statement.

"Please get vaccinated fuckers."

Last edited: