Careercow Tyler McVicker / ValveNewsNetwork (VNN) / Tyler Jon McVicker - Autist with stalker tendencies larping as the Jason Schreier of Valve news

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
The Last Stand was, if I recall, a survival map from L4D1 set in a lighthouse. Idk why whoever ported this made a big deal out of it, and I'm surprised it wasn't done already.
Because, according to the YouTuber in the comments, and I quote: “Who said that was all I had to show ;)”.

...That’s it: that’s literally all he said, apart from him saying that he’d also been working on the map since 2019 and that it is “official”.

Tyler literally just made everything else up.

Night Terror

submerge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Okay never mind: apparently this shit was real, and it only took Valve until now to actually make an announcement about it.
Looks like it was true after all.
oh hell yeah, theres rumours flying round that it might have a full campaign attached to it, like cold stream
now all they need to do is finish dam it and include that!

Bababo

Professional Toe-Stubber
kiwifarms.net
Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

So, uh, who's gonna tell him?
(link)(archive)

Foghot

hungry like the wolf
kiwifarms.net
Here are the juiciest bits of the Creators.tf drama in this thread.

drama 1.PNG

Pic related:

1601346930759.png

tylermcgroomer.PNG

The thread is so autistic that these were the only decent things I could dig out of this. I'm also convinced that the TF2 community (and Valve games in general) deserves a community watch thread.

I've also read in this thread that the fatso is actually married and beats his wife, has this been confirmed?

ScatmansWorld

kiwifarms.net
well shit then

That's creatorS.tf, creator.tf is just a self hosted site for all this stuff leaked by a buttmad creators.tf team member(s). To top it off, clicking the "Creators.tf" link on the top left of the page links to this thread, so the person hosting is most likely a KF user.

creator_tf.PNG

I'll do you all a favor and upload the chatlogs here since it's not 800+MB like the dev team drive, game server repository, or website repository.

If you want to download the other 3 for yourself here are the links.
Dev team stuff: https://creator.tf/files/googledrive.7z
Game server repo: https://creator.tf/files/gameservers-october-2020.7z
Website repo: https://creator.tf/files/website-october-2020.7z

Google Drive mirrors:
Dev: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cobZmHkGc8RTE0h8FmucfasivD4tiHmI/view
Game Server: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F-HvE4RZ755CcJFVn6I-KRPiDIjQJyWh/view
Website: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gMZmKdbm2MEd125xzvHpWqt97uhvH1MH/view

And here's a GitHub with the game server and website repos mirrored : https://github.com/CreatorTF/
tyler.PNG

BONUS: Check attached files for Tyler McVicker attempting to kick a developer out for saying “tranny”, Tyler’s damage control Q&A after multiple code leaks and moderator resignations, and a feedback document from a team of moderators, as well as a spreadsheet of server expenses.

(Personally I think this whole creators.tf drama is beyond just Tyler and might deserve its own thread.)

Attachments

• chatlogs.7z
    294.6 KB · Views: 4
  • tyler_trans_defender.mp3
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • tyler_intervention.mp3
    89.6 MB · Views: 0
  • _tf2g_ in a nutshell - 25 October, 19_56.docx
    261.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Jonathan's Creators.TF Balance Sheet.xlsx
    31.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

ScatmansWorld

kiwifarms.net
Anyone know what "4Chan" did now?
Tyler is using "4chan" as a scapegoat because it was the website used to send the message that people in the c.tf team were sick of his shit.
ctfdrama.PNG

Here's the /tf2g/ thread where all the autism starts. Just keep reading through the archived threads after this one if you want all the info.

404unf.PNG

The leaker in question, 404UNF, seems to have went full DFE on his steam and github.

Also he posted more tism on knockout.chat

And here's the latest live thread if you want to contribute to the autism in real time.

Last edited:

carltondanks

kiwifarms.net
I'm also convinced that the TF2 community (and Valve games in general) deserves a community watch thread.
i'm not 100% sure if we should. tf2's humor is so dynamic and retarded that most of the general rage is practically over by the time the match ends. you definitely have those people who are complete assholes and want to soak up everything and be the center of attention, but those are so few and far between. i'd say the most you can get is people who worship youtubers like uncle dane, but other than his really weird opinions on certain weapons and balancing along with the utter nightmarish hellscape known as the uncle dane discord, he's usually pretty nice.

anyways about tyler, he paints me as this type of person who claims to know a lot more than he actually does. his problem solving is very shitty, he'll apply weird tactics to fix or replicate an issue. an example is one of his videos got demonitized in like 2017 and he decided to upload a video on his second channel where he tried to trigger the algorithm by uttering weird phrases like "i want to kill children". it didn't work and he went on his main channel to act confused as to why it did it, even though back then saying specific words or strings of sentences wasn't enough to trigger it. he's """MOSTLY""" contained his composure in his videos, but i think once this creator.tf scandal ends, he's going to start leaking more and more until we eventually have a yandere dev or boogie2988 situation where they start unsubscribing and stop donating to the patreon while they cling at straws to try and stay relevant.

Guys, what do you know about this? Is this any good or they fix the game as well as Alex fixes Yandere Simulator?
https://github.com/mastercomfig/team-comtress-2 (https://archive.md/Melzk) (it said it was already archived one month ago)
it SEEMS like this is a legit thing since the coding for tf2 is ass backwards at times, but either there are no servers currently hosting it, or tyler didn't link any servers confirmed to have it. i'm excited regardless

Aurelianus

kiwifarms.net
i'm not 100% sure if we should. tf2's humor is so dynamic and retarded that most of the general rage is practically over by the time the match ends. you definitely have those people who are complete assholes and want to soak up everything and be the center of attention, but those are so few and far between. i'd say the most you can get is people who worship youtubers like uncle dane, but other than his really weird opinions on certain weapons and balancing along with the utter nightmarish hellscape known as the uncle dane discord, he's usually pretty nice.
Made an account to contribute to the discussion. Without going into detail, I've been following the TF2 situation for quite a while now and I'm rather amazed at this community.
While I don't think an all encompassing watch for the entirety of TF2 is needed, what I do think would deserve one is not just looking at Creators.tf but the TF2 modding community which Creators.tf is a part of. This encompasses the Open Fortress/Team Fortress 2 Classic drama from two pages ago, the Team Comtress on this page, and the other non-VNN content like the attempted murder incident and the various mod feuds.
Guys, what do you know about this? Is this any good or they fix the game as well as Alex fixes Yandere Simulator?
The irony of Tyler's coverage here is that in the TF2 modding community, only the leak of the 2008 TF2 build is considered the acceptable build to use and the other builds like the 2015 leak and this 2017 leak are considered no-nos and even Valve tends to DMCA any links to those codebases. This mod is based off that 2017 leak as a whole with edits made to optimize it. As mentioned a few pages ago he was threatening Open Fortress with an ultimatum back in July to redo their code for having a snippet of code from a Left 4 Dead leak from 2008, but yet he's promoting this project simultaneously for being nearly 100% leaked code. I've attached the audio clip of Tyler trying to convince one of the mod communities to go after OF in one of the early talks during this ultimatum period. A few days before the ultimatum was up was when Open Fortress caved and turned into yet another closed source and closed development TF2 mod to appease Tyler.
(Edit: I've attached an archive of Tyler's meeting with the OF Team as well, dated for July 18th (source) )
(Edit 2: To clarify Tyler talking about the "NextBot" code, OF was using NextBot AI code from the Left 4 Dead leak to work in OF but because the code uses the same comment headers as the 2017 TF2 leak, he accused OF of using the 2017 code. In the chats he calls it 2018 code which shows you his level of actually understanding it. )
Tyler is using "4chan" as a scapegoat because it was the website used to send the message that people in the c.tf team were sick of his shit.

The leaker in question, 404UNF, seems to have went full DFE on his steam and github.

Also he posted more tism on knockout.chat

And here's the latest live thread if you want to contribute to the autism in real time.
404 was part of the Team Fortress 2 Classic group previously before being a part of Creators.tf, which TF2C is the poster child for mod mismanagement. VNN got priority access to the mod including when they added DRM to the mod that was rigged to intentionally crash the game if you weren't part of their whitelist. The last I was able to spot 404 was he was trying to split one of the other mod templates off using 4chan's /vm/ board to make a new TF2 mod called TF2VM, not to be confused with the mod template known as TF2V. Not surprising to see since TF2C directly fractured in around four or five different subfactions so VNN has preferences to the ones he was treated favorably in versus the ones he was not. Even in the general TF2 mod community Discord Tyler got chased out of and I'm not sure outside of Team Comtress if there are any he still participates with.

Attachments

• VNN talks about OF July 6.mp3
    15.2 MB · Views: 0
  • OFTeam + Tyler McVicker Meeting (July 18th).mp4
    55 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: