Careercow Tyler McVicker / ValveNewsNetwork (VNN) / Tyler Jon McVicker - Autist with stalker tendencies larping as the Jason Schreier of Valve news

skeng

MJRUNSHIT
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Huh, you don't say?

This is starting to get interesting.
1604261693497.png

>Error initializing the graphics API. Please contact the suicide hotline you fucking faggot
:story:

carltondanks

kiwifarms.net
I've attached the audio clip of Tyler trying to convince one of the mod communities to go after OF in one of the early talks during this ultimatum period. A few days before the ultimatum was up was when Open Fortress caved and turned into yet another closed source and closed development TF2 mod to appease Tyler.
thanks for including this audio. holy shit, this guy is a bigger piece of shit than what i thought. he's trying to act like the hero even though valve would have just DMCAd the project and then just left it at that. on top of that, he's not even 100% sure if it's something that could be DMCAd and he's already trying to convince them to stop. why hasn't this guy went on his main channel and talked about all these DMCA cases? he's trying to save face

edit: wow, this fucking guy is actually threatening to sue people on valve's behalf if they don't comply. i'm now 100% convinced that this guy is a terrible person. thank you for showing us his utter retardation

Last edited:
Reactions: millais

RX-78NT-1 Alex Gundam

The Autist who unironically studied Klingon
kiwifarms.net
thanks for including this audio. holy shit, this guy is a bigger piece of shit than what i thought. he's trying to act like the hero even though valve would have just DMCAd the project and then just left it at that. on top of that, he's not even 100% sure if it's something that could be DMCAd and he's already trying to convince them to stop. why hasn't this guy went on his main channel and talked about all these DMCA cases? he's trying to save face

edit: wow, this fucking guy is actually threatening to sue people on valve's behalf if they don't comply. i'm now 100% convinced that this guy is a terrible person. thank you for showing us his utter retardation
That's fucking rich considering Tyler is in the hole with Valve for being directly responsible through negligence of leaking the Tf2 and Source source code. I think Valve were either gearing up for or in the process of serving Tyler their lawsuit last I heard.

carltondanks

kiwifarms.net
That's fucking rich considering Tyler is in the hole with Valve for being directly responsible through negligence of leaking the Tf2 and Source source code. I think Valve were either gearing up for or in the process of serving Tyler their lawsuit last I heard.
That never crossed my mind that tyler could be doing this to possibly get out of legal trouble with valve. Eh, that's why i never make threads

• Disagree
Reactions: chimpSculpture_

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
Isn't just threatening legal action usually enough? I mean, trials are long, cost money and bad for publicity.

unclogged

fuck
kiwifarms.net
frankly I'm not sure what it is with TF2 projects and having narcissistic weirdos vs mod teams for other source games usually being somewhat ok

I'd guess because Tyler isn't involved but there's gotta be more to it than that

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: carltondanks

carltondanks

kiwifarms.net
new video about creators.tf
tl:dr; tyler gets a taste of his own medicine and he's butt hurt about it

edit: he says he has no power to remove anyone for any reason, then he says he removed 1 person for being transphobic. we need this guy out of the community pronto

Last edited:

Minionlover98

kiwifarms.net
Tyler should have never brought up whatever the hell this drama is apparently, because I only find this thread the moment I saw his video and googled related terms

like, not only I fell like majority of his user base really wouldn’t care, (I sure as hell don’t) but it’s definitely gonna cause a Streisand Effect and make people turn on him more then ever in someway lmao

Especially when he brought up something related to “trans rights”

Reactions: skeng

Minionlover98

kiwifarms.net
Before I read the thread, why I have the felling that the ban related to “transphobia“ was really just another “your not mindlessly left leaning or don’t like how the mods shove there politics / identity politics in this mostly apolitical game? Banned!!

also wasn’t there a trans furry related to those old ass source leak

Weren’t those leaks old and outdated though at the time however?
and I dunno, i always thought leaks like those was great for the archival scene, look at the Nintendo gigaleaks

(But I’m probably missing context)

Noonman

kiwifarms.net
Before I read the thread, why I have the felling that the ban related to “transphobia“ was really just another “your not mindlessly left leaning or don’t like how the mods shove there politics / identity politics in this mostly apolitical game? Banned!!

also wasn’t there a trans furry related to those old ass source leak

Weren’t those leaks old and outdated though at the time howeve?
and I dunno, i always thought leaks like those was great for the archival scene, look at the Nintendo gigaleaks

If i recall correctly, the """transphobe""" in question was just messing around with his transexual GF. Unless this is a DIFFERENT """transphobe"""

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: carltondanks

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
new video about creators.tf
tl:dr; tyler gets a taste of his own medicine and he's butt hurt about it

edit: he says he has no power to remove anyone for any reason, then he says he removed 1 person for being transphobic. we need this guy out of the community pronto
Oof!
oof.PNG

Don't remember this happening to his videos before. You would think, that after Yanderedev they would learn something, but here we go.

If i recall correctly, the """transphobe""" in question was just messing around with his transexual GF. Unless this is a DIFFERENT """transphobe"""
No, there is fat troon in the team and one of the members dared to say the word "tranny'.

skrawn

kiwifarms.net
the original owner left the team due to someone stephanie (a creators.tf staff member who is trans) was e-dating threatening to "beat them up" due to not wanting to use a slur-blocking plugin on creators.tf (funnily enough, it was about the word "fag" mostly, as some english boomer wanted to be able to say "fag" when he wanted to smoke)

this stephanie person also has a long history of being involved in tf2 projects and ruining them, such as the RGL Pick Up Game system (competitive tf2 league in NA) where they abused their power and purposefully changed passwords of servers they provided when there was backlash against their behaviour
unfortunately the VERY long thread about it was deleted in forum migration

Stephanie is Unfit to be a Representative of the RGL Community

for posterity, a very small amount of the criticism left is attached ( i cannot find any other archives unfortunately)

in addition, the former owner has released leaked information about creators.tf on creator.tf at https://archive.md/H54yO
Tyler is deleting comments or making them autobanned on his yt videos, and he has blocked people who have tweeted it in reply to him

tyler's position in creators.tf likely is the reason his take on creators.tf is so dogshit, not to mention wanting to virtue signal to tf2 players

sorry if off topic, just wanted to add more context to his creators.tf video

Attachments

• rglbackup1.png
    rglbackup1.png
    259.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

unclogged

fuck
kiwifarms.net
you know there's going to be some sort of problem when the creators discord has roles for pronouns and tranny moderators

carltondanks

kiwifarms.net
you know there's going to be some sort of problem when the creators discord has roles for pronouns and tranny moderators
How dare you misgender me! My pronoun is transgender bipoc of color gender fluid pat tillman super 64 tournament edition 2:electric Boogaloo & knuckles, get it right

Reactions: skeng

RX-78NT-1 Alex Gundam

The Autist who unironically studied Klingon
kiwifarms.net
Weren’t those leaks old and outdated though at the time however?

The leaks weren't that old. At the latest, 2018 code. It had a lot of things in it Valve would never want released. Just Tyler owning it is something they would never want. It could (and did) have code related to cancelled projects they wanted to keep secret. It's inevitably going to have info on other stuff Valve doesn't want seen. It could be source code for an early alpha of Half Life 1 and it wouldn't matter. It's Valve's property, Valve's code. If it's out in the wild anyone can look at it.

Valve don't want that or we end up with the current situation where discord trannies are all making TF2 servers and causing drama. And that was with 2008 code. Now they have 2018 code. That includes a lot of stuff from MTX. Imagine a private server that perfectly emulates Valve's environment but with massive netcode improvements and all MTX unlocked from the start. I'd love that but Valve won't because TF2's dwindling playerbase would go there instead. Then there's the hacking shit of course. If you know Valve's source code you got the keys to the kingdom in terms of hacking TF2.

Aurelianus

kiwifarms.net
The leaks weren't that old. At the latest, 2018 code. It had a lot of things in it Valve would never want released.
The leak in question was from some partner repo VNN and his crew got access to. Partner repos are private repositories that Valve gives to commercial entities so they can see how things are done on the Source engine a bit more intimately than some random mod team. Often times the codebase is deprecated compared to what the codebase looks like now. The codebase (for TF2 at least) dates to sometime around Spring of 2017, mainly because the Thermal Thruster jetpack was in a beta state and other content of that year like the Dragon's Fury incendiary cannon was nonexistent. Assuming VNN got the codebase in 2018, the codebase would have already been a year out of date by the time he got his eyes on it. From what I recall the CS:GO codebase was said to be around Operation Hydra which again lines up with a 2017 dating, again also a year old by the time he would have seen it.
There was a second leak a few weeks after the VNN leak of yet another TF2 codebase except this one was prerelease TF2 partner code with the codebase of Postal 3. It wasn't seen as significant codewise compared to the 2017 leak but had some assets never seen before. Meanwhile the NextBot AI code that VNN was screaming at Open Fortress for having was a Left 4 Dead partner repo several years old even at the time of the leak and over a decade old now and had to be reprogrammed to work in TF2. Here's the snippet of the NextBot code OF used that VNN screamed about, incorrectly attributing it to his leak.
Valve don't want that or we end up with the current situation where discord trannies are all making TF2 servers and causing drama. And that was with 2008 code. Now they have 2018 code.
Valve didn't really care about the 2008 code, at least with restrictions. Around 2015 there was an email from Valve that said using the 2008 code was fine to make mods with, provided you're not using any of the modern leaks (there was another TF2 codebase leak around that time period) in your project. A few years later when the mod TF2008 was trying to get a full Steam release Valve denied it because you can't have a mod on Steam with just the 2008 codebase among having a cloud based inventory which could get mixed up with the real TF2. The modding community looks down on anyone using anything than the 2008 leak which explains the Team Comtress friction where they are using the 2017 leak as their base in addition to VNN backing Team Comtress while threatening Open Fortress. Lastly, mod templates of the 2008 leak exist to make modding easier with the most popular one being tf_port while TF2V is a more modernized alternative. In case you're curious here are the codebases to Team Comtress, tf_port, and TF2V.
That includes a lot of stuff from MTX. Imagine a private server that perfectly emulates Valve's environment but with massive netcode improvements and all MTX unlocked from the start.
Fortunately seen from the 2017 leak a lot of the unlock and inventory content is handled on the cloud servers of Steam so someone can't just execute commands to give them free items in TF2 that easily. Prior to the leak there have been groups that figured out how to get all the MTX unlocked from the start for regular TF2 through dummy authorizations in the Steam .dll files but those are out of the scope in terms of TF2 mods and TF2 modding. Typical TF2 mods don't interact with regular TF2 in any meaningful way and only until the past year have some started hooking the files of TF2 since sizewise each TF2 mod is like installing another copy of TF2. Modding and working with the code of TF2 isn't so much a private server as it is an entirely other game.

Vorkland

kiwifarms.net
Got some goodies for you all! I personally really liked playing on the C.TF servers. so I'm honestly really pissed about this situation.

Basically one of the major sticking points to Tyler's side of the story is that he got a team member kicked out for being """transphobic""" (which is a definite thonk moment since he literally said in the same video that he has no power over the C.TF team)
The one major thing that completely shatters his story is that the person he kicked out is LGBT themselves
Gay 2.png

Gay 3.png

Also I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before on this thread, but there's a massive conspiracy about the creators.tf (I think Tyler aswell?) embezzling patreon money, forcing the other devs to pay out of pocket to support the servers.
Here's an archive of the website explaing this

I'll also just attach the chatlogs linked there juuuust in case

And finally, one of the devs made an audio recording which he posted in the comment section. I can't confirm if it actually is one of the devs or just a shitposter, but whatever. Honestly I can't really be fucked to listen to the whole thing atm but from what I've skimmed, it's basically trying to defend the banning of that dev

Attachments

• chatlogs.7z
    294.6 KB · Views: 6