Careercow Tyler McVicker / ValveNewsNetwork (VNN) / Tyler Jon McVicker - Autist with stalker tendencies larping as the Jason Schreier of Valve news

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
The one major thing that completely shatters his story is that the person he kicked out is LGBT themselves
Gay 2.png
Hah, no wonder it all turned into shitshow.

Aurelianus

kiwifarms.net
New Tyler video about Portal Reloaded.

"The Community's Portal 3"

Original:
Archive (720p):

Just in case you don't feel like clicking the video, it's for a sourcemod called Portal Reloaded. I'm not as fluent when it comes to Portal mods compared to TF2, but it seems to be a one person mod in development since 2014. I don't see how this is "The Portal community project" like VNN is claiming when there are multiple groups making multiple mods with various goals for Portal so calling one mod made by a single person the "Community's answer to Portal 3" while numerous other mods exist put down everyone else's work. He did this previously with TF2 modding with claiming how Team Fortress 2 Classic was the definitive TF2 community mod until Pre-Fortress 2 released and called that the definitive TF2 community beta mod so this isn't new behavior.

Even his own viewers are calling him out on his shit for once again over exaggerating a simple mod into the next big Valve game.
0.png
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png

Edit: Just noticed that this mod isn't downloadable at all publicly, be it on Steam or ModDB or on its website. That means Tyler got an early copy to play and is praising the mod as a result. This happened previously with Team Fortress 2 Classic where he got whitelisted to play it during the DRM lock period between 2017-2020 and praised that mod as better than TF2.

Last edited:

Vorkland

kiwifarms.net
Edit: Just noticed that this mod isn't downloadable at all publicly, be it on Steam or ModDB or on its website. That means Tyler got an early copy to play and is praising the mod as a result. This happened previously with Team Fortress 2 Classic where he got whitelisted to play it during the DRM lock period between 2017-2020 and praised that mod as better than TF2.
When will the Source community learn to stop giving him shit? The entire reason the shit with Creators.TF is happening is because people keep giving him power that he should not have

Anderson's Phone

1-800-FAT TITS
kiwifarms.net
On paper it makes sense - official servers become insufferable, he makes couple of videos, bashing Valve for this and then invites people to C.TF servers.
I mean even if he has nothing to do with it, he sure as hell wasn't helping himself. Same goes for all the other TF youtubers crying that "The game is dead now" but then they slightly hint that they may or may not be playing on the source mods instead.

Aurelianus

kiwifarms.net
I mean even if he has nothing to do with it, he sure as hell wasn't helping himself. Same goes for all the other TF youtubers crying that "The game is dead now" but then they slightly hint that they may or may not be playing on the source mods instead.
You can tell they're playing the regular TF2 instead of the Source mods due to a couple of different hints. To keep it brief some of the more subtle hints is the HUD and the lighting engine, because pretty much every source mod uses the original ones while they got updated in TF2. While the HUD isn't as drastically different from the original, there were videos made on how the lighting engine and optimizations had graphically downgraded TF2. This is why TF2 after around 2014 looks significantly worse than before, not counting the cosmetics and artstyle death.
The easier way to see if people are playing the Source mods are to look at a player tracker for Source 2013 Multiplayer, because all TF2 Source mods use that as a base. You can see a jump that happened in early July when Team Fortress 2 Classic was finally publicly released, but even then you only have a jump of maybe 30 players on Source mods in the long term. I think the smaller bumps in 2019 were Team Fortress 2 Vintage releases but again no long term effect.
When will the Source community learn to stop giving him shit? The entire reason the shit with Creators.TF is happening is because people keep giving him power that he should not have
Because VNN is horrendously biased and so there's huge chunks of the community that aren't seen because he doesn't report on it.
Take for example when he had closed access to the TF2C private beta during those three years. Unless you were in the community at that time you would think TF2C was the only TF2 Sourcemod that existed, because nobody else at the time was putting him on a pedestal. When he finally got access to Pre Fortress 2 was when he started praising that game as well. I don't know if he had any exclusive access to Open Fortress but I assume he had something especially with allowing him to be an announcer for the mod. I think he turned on OF around the public release of TF2C is because Tyler is trying to pick sides in the TF2C schism. I'm guessing he's using OF as a punching bag to try and score an early copy of Team Deathmatch Classic.
VNN isn't involved in around 80% of the TF2 community mod groups at all. He has no presence on TF2V, no presence on OF, no presence on PF2, pretty much anything other than TF2C and TDC he has no interaction with so anything outside of those two mods might as well not even exist. It's the same behavior like that Portal video I linked where one modder who gave him an early copy of a Portal mod == the entire Portal community.

To clarify the TF2C schism thing, I've wrote out a summary of it here. I tried to include the more important parts of the narrative without including each individual mod or spinoff or indepth details.
-TF2C releases beta 4, the last publicly available release​
-TF2C closes down public repository, swaps to closed source model​
-TF2C starts silent development complete with NDA, and talking or even asking about development is a ban from the community​
-TF2C makes second private channel for beta testing, pretty much only for devs and friends of devs leading to the community being split between the have and have-not access​
-A recruitment attempt is made to get more TF2C beta testers using a Google Form that is a job application in length​
-Users start to leak copies of the TF2C beta out into the public, devs add DRM to the mod that crashes unless you're whitelisted (the whitelist is a secret invite-only Steam Group for the game Toki Tori)​
-The community is culled out of people questioning the mismanagement of the game and getting pissed at having no news for a year, leaving the community as a small group of yes-men and rabid fanboys​
-One longtime server hoster tries to contribute to the TF2C beta development and has all their contributions rejected, then kicked out of the beta and banned from TF2C for being skeptical of the mod's development​
-The server hoster rounds up a small group of people who then fork the last publicly available TF2C repo into a new mod called Team Fortress 2 Vintage​
-TF2V meets some initial success on 8chan where many players were disenfranchised with TF2C with an original identity of "Fuck TF2C"​
-TF2C is still in closed development and has missed numerous release dates by now, causing the most famous TF2 mod community meme to start involving the picture of TF2C's Civilian character with a release joke​
-TF2V starts to gain an identity for itself, eventually deciding on making an open source recreation of TF2 up to the Mannconomy Update​
-Loses favor with 8chan due to the concept of adding the newer content like sidegrades and gameplay elements, tries to add settings as compromise but is not accepted​
-Creates a Steam Community, ModDB, and focuses on migrating the community from 8chan to Discord​
-Part of the TF2C team decides that they want to get paid for working on TF2C, so they split off a new group called CompuColor and leave for it​
-CompuColor starts development of a paid spin off game based off their work with TF2C's DM gamemode called Team Deathmatch Classic, sending DMCA notices to anyone who shows or talks about it​
-TF2C starts throwing out all of their DM content they had previously, leaving very little development for the past two years of work​
-After head developers of TF2C jump ship to work on TDC, power vacuum emerges where a random new developer gets control of TF2C​
-He goes on a purge of the majority of TF2C developers left that were sympathetic to TDC or alienated the community two years ago​
-Those banished developers then decide to fork the tf_port repository into a DM focused game called Open Fortress as direct competition to TDC​
-TF2V's ModDB page and download links go down due to an anonymous takedown notice, forcing all development to halt to focus on revision patches to restore the pages​
-Gains several new developers to help with the project, finishing the original Mannconomy goal and deciding to work on content up to Jungle Inferno​
-OF gets released, has positive feedback and press release​
-TF2C starts talking about a serious release date for the mod within the year​
-Finally announces a release date for the mod of July 4th, releases to the highest playercount of any TF2 sourcemod​
-TF2V manages to reverse engineer TF2 NextBot out of the L4D NextBot and other various AI components such as Halloween bosses for TF2​
-OF starts using TF2V code in their repository, including making their own bots for DM​
-Blitzes through adding up the rest of the content to Jungle Inferno in record time, slowing down development and acting as a mod resource​
-OF is threatened with an ultimatum by VNN​
-OF concedes to the ultimatum, closing their sourcecode and silencing their development​
-TDC hints at a potential beta release of the game but with no serious announcements closer to progress in releasing

carltondanks

kiwifarms.net
I'm sure that Halloween community mod video will basically be the thing that puts him in a downward spiral, like the yandere dev email video. Or maybe he'll boogie2988 it up by just outright lying about things that people can easily go to his previous videos to see what he actually originally thought/said.

SlipNHonk

kiwifarms.net
Glad Tyler is finally getting some love as a lolcow in the past year or so. He's always been disliked by the likes of /v/ and others, but its obviously intensified as he's continuing to spiral out of control mentally. Never liked the kid and I've displayed my discontent for him numerous times over the course of years, one recently being https://boards.4channel.org/vm/thread/101522#p155543 (not him of course, but im sure that gremlin has replied or at least lurked all these threads about him on /vm/ and /v/.).

carltondanks

kiwifarms.net
Do you think Tyler might be friends with the scrap.tf team? They're the ones that are pedophiles and cover it up constantly by removing tweets and twitter accounts along with removing videos on YouTube.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Kot Johansson

iceteayo

kiwifarms.net
I don’t get why people now are starting to catch onto to this guy. He’s a classic celebrity stalker from the 90s. Why does he base his channel on one of the most locked up game developers who rarely make games? If anything I’d be worried of Valve outright tells him to fuck off since he seems like the kind of guy who would do some shooting or attack since if he can’t get valve no one can.

I also believe he’s the reason bots are so rampant he wants to be seen as this savior of TF2 and needed a boogey man.

StinkleMyDinkle

A NEW DAWN APPROACHES
kiwifarms.net
I don’t get why people now are starting to catch onto to this guy. He’s a classic celebrity stalker from the 90s. Why does he base his channel on one of the most locked up game developers who rarely make games? If anything I’d be worried of Valve outright tells him to fuck off since he seems like the kind of guy who would do some shooting or attack since if he can’t get valve no one can.

I also believe he’s the reason bots are so rampant he wants to be seen as this savior of TF2 and needed a boogey man.
People are genuinely curious of a secret no matter how locked down. Think about Area 51, still one of the most confidential locations in the US, yet people camped out there just over a year ago. If you keep things a secret, people will start to speculate and it takes one sped to capitalize on this.

• Agree
Reactions: Cantercoin