U.S. Riots of May 2020 over George Floyd - ITT: a bunch of faggots butthurt about worthless internet stickers

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
A couple of clips from the low energy Austin protest dispersal/retreat mentioned earlier tonight. These all happened at the end, after the APD rushed the protesters, split them up, and had effectively chased them off the streets and onto a few sidewalk corners.
There's absolutely no excuse for this rioting bullshit. Where people have acted within their rights, they've been allowed to do so. When they've rioted, they've been shut down. When they've been coddled completely and no attempt to maintain order has been made, they've burned shit down, destroyed businesses, and murdered people.

Nowhere that the police have made a reasonable effort to control the situation has it gotten out of control.

"Black people used to live here." So the fuck what? Do you see Jews going up to Harlem screaming that Jews used to live there?

Harvey Danger

getting tired of this whole internet thing
kiwifarms.net
There's absolutely no excuse for this rioting bullshit. Where people have acted within their rights, they've been allowed to do so. When they've rioted, they've been shut down. When they've been coddled completely and no attempt to maintain order has been made, they've burned shit down, destroyed businesses, and murdered people.

Nowhere that the police have made a reasonable effort to control the situation has it gotten out of control.
APD made that effort tonight. The longer ImHiram stream caught some interesting moments, I'll pull clips tomorrow. Lots of good police work, some very friendly cops contrasted with whining protesters, and the literal cavalry.

1596352087122.png1596352129479.png

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
APD made that effort tonight. The longer ImHiram stream caught some interesting moments, I'll pull clips tomorrow. Lots of good police work, some very friendly cops contrasted with whining protesters, and the literal cavalry.

View attachment 1490113View attachment 1490115
I hope playtime for retards is over but wouldn't be surprised if the Insurrection Act is invoked before this shit is over, much as it had to be used to shut down the L.A. riots in 1992.

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net
I hope playtime for retards is over but wouldn't be surprised if the Insurrection Act is invoked before this shit is over, much as it had to be used to shut down the L.A. riots in 1992.
There was a thread on /pol/ tonight about some US Army General stating that he told us allies that the US army won't police but protect the nation.

Trump needs to start cleaning house before he uses that act.

ExsanguinateHorizon

bruh
kiwifarms.net
I hate what these people have done to my thoughts. While I wasn't ever sympathetic to the riots, antifa, blm whatever, I hate that they make me love seeing them get slapped. It feels like some evil thing to enjoy seeing them cry because their stupid larping shit got smashed or screaming from being spanked by rubber bullets, or put down by someone defending themselves. They put that devil in me.

Hatoful Dandy

Minstrel of Sorrow
kiwifarms.net
I hate what these people have done to my thoughts. While I wasn't ever sympathetic to the riots, antifa, blm whatever, I hate that they make me love seeing them get slapped. It feels like some evil thing to enjoy seeing them cry because their stupid larping shit got smashed or screaming from being spanked by rubber bullets, or put down by someone defending themselves. They put that devil in me.
There's an article I read a couple of years ago about a buddhist monk who plays videogames to relieve some of the tension he deals with in life. It contained this choice quote from him:

“If you’re not entirely healthy in body and mind, you’ll be unable to resist evil influences. But if you only do good things, you’ll tire and your health will be worn away. To avoid that, sometimes you have to do bad things. Not so much as to drown in evil, but enough to discipline yourself to be able to swim in it.”
It's good to remember whenever you feel overwhelmed by the ills of the world.

heathercho

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Lissamine Green

Adjacent to trash is trash
kiwifarms.net
"Black People Used to Live Here"

In Portland?

Extraordinarily unlikely.
Looks like the Eliot neighborhood by Emanuel hospital, which is an item of constant, endless butthurt for local blacks. Tl;dr they feel like they got a bad deal when their slum got bought up to expand the hospital in the 80s and then more desirable businesses and houses sprang up around it and the neighborhood got nice. They still manage to keep the parks in the area drug-ridden toilets and kill people around there often enough, so I don't know what they're bitching about.

HarblMcDavid

in ur zone, dekin' my harbl
kiwifarms.net
Not sure what the context is for this or if it's accurate:
View attachment 1490123
I wonder if that's the two people that spent like 15 minutes antagonizing some short antifa chick (and a crowd of sorts near her) around half an hour or so ago.

One of them apparently said "who are you going to call if you get raped?" as the triggering event. :story:

If that's the same people, they stopped moving a while before they went to their cars and spent several minutes talking shit with the group that followed them until the would be doxers got bored of the verbal shitposting and then they left without incident.

That's a big extrapolation from an out of context tweet but the number of antagonists and small crowd following them match up with what I saw.

Bungus Scrungus

kiwifarms.net
The feeling is understandable, and even with all the bullshit they pull, there are genuinely people who feel sorry for them, not cause of their cause, but because they're brainwashed. So even when they get what they fucking deserve, the people who they claim are evil still weep tears for them, what they could have been. Whether that's naivety or them being honest to goodness better people than I am, who knows. All I know is that my sympathy ran out a long time ago. But I don't let my hatred go towards anyone who's tangentially related. That's how you get just as miserable as these fucking people. Someone who thinks we should spend some of our Military Budget on infrastructure or public transport isn't some commie who needs a bullet in the head. Just because these people lack nuance shouldn't mean that you have to do the same. If you do, you'll go fucking crazy.

A bit of somewhat related advice; also: start identifying people by certain traits or whatnot if you follow drama, so you know who to disregard. Things like if they have a descriptor of their mental illnesses in their bio, they're old, or are disabled, or have things like "I'm gay" and other meaningless platitudes; that sort of thing. It's less a strict guideline and more so something to keep in mind. When you notice just how many of these people fit those sorts of criteria, it makes it very easy to distinguish who you should and shouldn't bother to give what they say any thought of mind. Again, it isn't an end all be all, but it helps.

Tags
None