• We're not racist!!

UK Snap election 8th June 2017Oh boy another U turn.

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by DT.Miller, Apr 18, 2017 at 6:13 AM.

Forum Guidelines
  • No US Politics. We get enough of that shit every day of our lives. Talk about Zimbabwe or something.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  1. o snap

• Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 2
    Hortator

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. Actually you still need the endorsement of 20 conservative MPs in order to stand for the leadership. It just goes to basic knockout voting straight after that.

The crowning of May happened via a round of Parliamentary Party voting which knocked out Gove and would have gone to the straight up vote had Leadsom not realised there would've been a Corbyn-like split in the Tory party (Leadsom was far more popular with tory party membership, while May had command of the House). She wisely decided to withdraw and it seems the wider party is going to have a bountiful harvest as a result.

It's why there was a fair bit of laughter when Nicky Morgan tried to find votes in the parliamentary party to stand for the leadership despite being an arch remainer and god awful on TV and Radio.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Ponderous Pillock

Ponderous Pillock Mike "Fry The Fags" Pence
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. The conduct of the PLP towards Corbyn has been despicable. (And no, I have never voted Labour in my life, and I will be fucked if I'm starting now.)

They didn't like the outcome of the leadership election, so they attempted a coup. It failed miserably. Having failed, they didn't have the decency or pure common sense to shut up and at least stop causing fucking trouble. No, instead they have totally destablised the whole party and any chance he had of putting together a policy opposition or meaningfully scrutinising government policies has gone up the swannee.

I watch PMQs every week and cringe as the Leader of the Opposition's job is done by Angus Robertson whilst everyone just laughs at Corbyn. Have respect for the institution of the job of leader of your own party even if you don't respect the man.

When they scream that no one believes Corbyn can lead the country, that belief has been absolutely cemented by their conduct in ensuring he cannot lead the Labour party. The only person who has gained from this internecine warfare in Theresa May because it has ensured the very real dissent against her in the parliamentary Conservative party (as opposed to the rank and file, who love her) has never had anything to coalesce around. She governs essentially without meaningful scrutiny and from within a Cabinet that she has absolutely neutered. Amber fucking Rudd is the Home Secretary, for christs sakes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Fareal

Fareal Eternally Rused
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. I'm going to assume that you know more than me about Cons processes but two sources I've seen put the number at only 2 endorsements.
    Happy to be proved wrong here, as those sources were an article (which I've forgotten from where) and a BBC info graphic.

Its not particularly important as the point I'm pushing is that the current PLP, recruited and parachuted into safe seats in the last 20 years, is an absolute shower.
    I was a little shocked at a recentish debate where all the regonal accents were Conservatives. So anything that can tear the party away from the minor public school-oxbridge PPE-SpAd crowd and adress the balance is worth doing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Chemical snorfare

Chemical snorfare An exceptional European

kiwifarms.net
  5. I think the worst part was when he reads out emailed questions, quite honestly. "Barry from Oxford asks...."

There's a legion of folks who submit banal questions as Mrs Trellis of North Wales (A running radio comedy gag from I'm Sorry I haven't a Clue) every week as a result. Sadly none have gotten through yet.

https://wacomms.co.uk/follow-the-leader-rules-for-party-leadership-elections/

While it doesn't mention endorsements (I'm sure I read it somewhere...) it does point to the twofold system where the parliamentary party decides first, then the membership votes.

Ponderous Pillock

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. Even 20 would be better than 15% of the PLP/MEPs that is needed to even get on the ballot for the Labour leader.

Although after this election, 15% of 150 might just do it.

I'm not a fan of Corbyn, I agree he's a decent man in an inenviable position but he's not a leader, however I voted for him once (I'm a affiliate member...not a £3 Corbynista) and would have voted for him a second time if my ballot had arrived (hmmm) because trolling the PLP was just too tempting.

Chemical snorfare

kiwifarms.net
  7. I bet it was the Abbopotamus (who is only likely to get a Great Office of State in the unlikely event of a Corbyn victory due to him slinging his peckersnot up her barking spider every so often).

*watches the video*

Oh, it's Dawn Butler. A non-entity who voted for Corbyn to get Andy Burnham in. Pity.

This is why I don't watch or listen to PMQs. They are just cringeworthy.

Blackfriars.

Ginger Piglet

Ginger Piglet CAMAB Male-Presenting Lesbian
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. I think even Dawn Butler forgets Dawn Butler exists. God knows everyone else does.

Acton Town.

Ponderous Pillock

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. In the unlikely event that racist piece of human filth ever holds any form of power is the day one of two things happens I pack my bag's and flee the country, OR I consume rat poison.

• Feels Feels x 1
    DT.Miller

DT.Miller There are lies damned lies and Phil's ramblings.
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. So today Corbyn promised to 'overturn' the 'rigged system' if he wins, which is a fantastic idea. It's kind of a shame that Labour didn't try to remove FPTP back in 2011 when that was actually on the table. The irony is that they'd actually have a much better chance at victory today under AV. Hell, they might even have won before and saved everybody from this shitshow.

• Agree Agree x 1
    MMMMMM

MMMMMM I'd be right happy to

kiwifarms.net
  11. As much as I agree the current system sucks, I don't think Corbyn has any grounds to call a voting system rigged. (Hello Momentum scum!)

• Agree Agree x 4
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. I couldn't have put it better my self.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    DT.Miller

kiwifarms.net
  13. may seems to be hinting at cutting the foreign aid budget. I really hope she does- it is insane that we give away almost as much as we spend on our police force and have to borrow to do it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Vitriol

Vitriol Moderator

kiwifarms.net
  14. Especially when you consider how much of that we give to certain countries (India) I have no problem with the size of the budget but it could be far better spent I mean the £5.2m fiasco of that Ethiopian girl band, that money would have been far far better spent.

• Agree Agree x 3
    DT.Miller

kiwifarms.net
  15. What rules are we playing?

I could go Camden Town, but the double-back variation would just make it too easy.

oh yeah, go Corbyn!

Chemical snorfare

kiwifarms.net
  16. Rochdale rules.

So as dirty as yer like, but no swearing!

Fuck 'em up May!

• Like Like x 1
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Lorento

Lorento Quoth the Frienzoned, "Fucking Whore!"
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. Ginger Piglet

Ginger Piglet CAMAB Male-Presenting Lesbian
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Ponderous Pillock

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are fascinating for reasons distinct to each spectator. We document the phenomenon, with every member bringing different perspectives and opinions to discussion. It is this diversity which has caused our peculiar community to thrive.

• Affiliates

• Power our Autism

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.