Undertale -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

geodestro

kiwifarms.net
I've been playing this for the last few days, and love it. I'm on my third playthrough, trying to figure out how to get a "good" ending, if there actually is one. I'm resisting looking up a bunch of stuff because I don't want to ruin it.

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Only played the demo. Enjoyed the half-hour amount of time I spent on it. Also spoiled myself and listened to one of the boss themes. The last boss theme I heard is literally one of the best things I ever heard.

Strelok

Perfectly Cromulent Poster
kiwifarms.net
I've been playing this for the last few days, and love it. I'm on my third playthrough, trying to figure out how to get a "good" ending, if there actually is one. I'm resisting looking up a bunch of stuff because I don't want to ruin it.

Don't kill anything. Anything. You kill so much as one enemy and you are locked into the neutral ending at best.

Keine

The cooler ancient evil.
kiwifarms.net
I've already cleared it twice. I'm hesitant to do a genocide run because reasons.
It permanently taints your save file even after a true reset

So far I'd probably say it's my GOTY for 2015. The amount of detail and effort put into everything is astounding. You can really tell that Toby really cared about the whole project.

When you beat the game and get a "neutral" ending, the game drops hints on how to get a better ending if you choose to spare Flowey. It does require you to kill nothing and gain no EXP (with the exception of a certain secret boss apparently. I haven't tested this). It also requires you to visit a couple of particular NPCs. You don't need to reset if you've already done a neutral pacifist run, just go back to your save and do what you need to do.

Last edited:

Strelok

Perfectly Cromulent Poster
kiwifarms.net
I've already cleared it twice. I'm hesitant to do a genocide run because reasons.

So far I'd probably say it's my GOTY for 2015. The amount of detail and effort put into everything is astounding. You can really tell that Toby really cared about the whole project.

When you beat the game and get a "neutral" ending, the game drops hints on how to get a better ending if you choose to spare Flowey. It does require you to kill nothing and gain no EXP (with the exception of a certain secret boss apparently. I haven't tested this). It also requires you to visit a couple of particular NPCs. You don't need to reset if you've already done a neutral pacifist run, just go back to your save and do what you need to do.

The game's genocide run flag is hidden in your appdata f0lder instead of the usual game directory.

Kaz

A visionary robbed of his future
kiwifarms.net
Me and a friend made a couple of jokes about how the protagonist looks like an Asian stereotype so I made this.
ss+(2015-10-05+at+04.57.26).jpg

Kaz

kiwifarms.net
The game managed to force its way into my top five of the year with surprising grace.

My personal favorite scene remains Lesser Dog.
My favorite part so far is the save point that fills you with "detemmienation"

Trickie

I refer to Christine as she/her to annoy you.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I love this game so far. The difference in graphic styles gets a little weird sometimes, but the writing more than makes up for it. I ended up caring a lot about all these dumb little characters that I've had to fight just because the mechanics around trying to figure out what their deal is and then find a way to get them to not want to fight you anymore, it's really fascinating.

I did accidentally kill one of the monsters, though, so... I may have to reset. I want to try for the good ending.

Kaz

kiwifarms.net
I love this game so far. The difference in graphic styles gets a little weird sometimes, but the writing more than makes up for it. I ended up caring a lot about all these dumb little characters that I've had to fight just because the mechanics around trying to figure out what their deal is and then find a way to get them to not want to fight you anymore, it's really fascinating.

I did accidentally kill one of the monsters, though, so... I may have to reset. I want to try for the good ending.
I heard the first playthrough is always a neutral ending no matter what. That's why you're encouraged to play through multiple times. Even then killing is bad...mmkay.

Junko

the spookiness of the heart
kiwifarms.net

I'm pretty sure Napstablook is the only character you can defeat via violence without tripping the pacifist flag. The only other character with a negative EXP value is [SIR NOT APPEARING IN THIS GAME].

Len Kagamoney

damn you len
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, when you go for a pacifist ending you always get the neutral ending on your first run, then another piece of the story opens up when you load up again.
The pacifist ending is my favorite, except for one thing
asriel, Asriel, ASRIEL
COME TO THE SURFACE WITH ME PLEASE I JUST WANT YOU TO BE HAPPY
I hated him as Flowey, but it's not like he felt emotion, and plus if you backtrack to where you fell in the ruins, he spills a lot of dialogue and reveals a lot
I felt so bad for him. I was also sad he turned back into Flowey. Bah, this game hurt my heart.

I love the characters, I never expected to get so attached to them

Also, I ramble under the cut about the first fallen child
So, Chara was the first fallen child. And if you play the genocide route and talk to Asriel and watch the tapes in the True Lab, it reveals they was a terrible person. They even, at one point, refer to themself as a demon. I wonder why, I really hope there's a prequel or something about them. This game leaves so much left unsaid.

Junko

the spookiness of the heart
kiwifarms.net
You learn a great deal more about just what sort of person the Fallen Child was if you go through the geonocide route.

geodestro

kiwifarms.net
Don't kill anything. Anything. You kill so much as one enemy and you are locked into the neutral ending at best.
Yeah, my second run through I had gone the pacifist route. My big mistake was not doing some late game back tracking, and ended up missing some important stuff. Got it figured out on my third run!

Keine

The cooler ancient evil.
kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty sure Napstablook is the only character you can defeat via violence without tripping the pacifist flag. The only other character with a negative EXP value is [SIR NOT APPEARING IN THIS GAME].

From what I've heard, killing So Sorry, the secret enemy that was some furry backer's fetish fursona, doesn't spoil a pacifist run either despite giving you 1 EXP. I'm pretty sure this was Toby's way of apologizing to everyone who has the misfortune of stumbling upon him.

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From what I've heard, killing So Sorry, the secret enemy that was some furry backer's fetish fursona, doesn't spoil a pacifist run either despite giving you 1 EXP. I'm pretty sure this was Toby's way of apologizing to everyone who has the misfortune of stumbling upon him.
Considering that NPC/enemy, as much as how this could be off-topic, the backer actually has an ED page. That said, is there a method to reach said NPC/Enemy? I'd like to know once I get my hands on the game.

Keine

The cooler ancient evil.
kiwifarms.net
Considering that NPC/enemy, as much as how this could be off-topic, the backer actually has an ED page. That said, is there a method to reach said NPC/Enemy? I'd like to know once I get my hands on the game.

When you arrive in Hotland, head left from Sans' hot dog stand and you'll reach a T-shaped area. Head straight up from the middle of the T and you'll discover an invisible floor. Your computer's date must be set to October 10th at 8 PM. There's a hint about this in the hotel, if you go to the very right of the map and examine the sign about the art club meeting on that date.

Last edited:

Obnoxion

Pocket spaghetti monster
kiwifarms.net
I managed to beat the game without killing anyone. It was an absolutely magical experience.

I spent the next few days browsing Undertale threads on /v/ and /vg/. Then, I watched like 7 or 8 LPs and streams of the game, just to watch others experience it for the first time. I might end up recording a commentated playthrough of the second loop myself.

<- This one has been my favourite so far, if watching others play the game you love is your thing and you have 10 hours to spare. The person playing is clearly enjoying the game a lot. She pays attention to what's going on in the game, and is decently competent at playing it. She is assisted by a guy who's already beaten the game, who doesn't guide or backseat for her, but clues her in on some little details she could have missed otherwise. They don't read the dialogues out loud and don't voice act the characters.