World United States Recognizes Golan Heights as Israeli Territory -

Crippled Eagle

Top Floppy Slotter 1977
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-47657843
Trump: Time to recognise Golan Heights as Israeli Territory

President Donald Trump says it is time the US recognises Israel's sovereignty over the occupied Golan Heights, which it captured from Syria in 1967.

In a tweet, Mr Trump declared that the plateau was of "critical strategic and security importance to the State of Israel and regional stability".

Israel applied its administration and law to the Golan in 1981, but other governments did not recognise the act.

Syria has consistently sought to regain sovereignty over the region.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who has warned about the military "entrenchment" of his country's arch-enemy Iran in the Syria conflict, tweeted his thanks to Mr Trump on Thursday.

"At a time when Iran seeks to use Syria as a platform to destroy Israel, President Trump boldly recognizes Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights," he wrote.

There was no immediate response from the Syrian government.

The absolute madman. How large will Israel be by the end of Trump's presidency?

JosephTX

Joseph Guillaume of Houston, Don't Mess With Texas
kiwifarms.net
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-47657843
Trump: Time to recognise Golan Heights as Israeli Territory

President Donald Trump says it is time the US recognises Israel's sovereignty over the occupied Golan Heights, which it captured from Syria in 1967.

In a tweet, Mr Trump declared that the plateau was of "critical strategic and security importance to the State of Israel and regional stability".

Israel applied its administration and law to the Golan in 1981, but other governments did not recognise the act.

Syria has consistently sought to regain sovereignty over the region.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who has warned about the military "entrenchment" of his country's arch-enemy Iran in the Syria conflict, tweeted his thanks to Mr Trump on Thursday.

"At a time when Iran seeks to use Syria as a platform to destroy Israel, President Trump boldly recognizes Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights," he wrote.

There was no immediate response from the Syrian government.

The absolute madman. How large will Israel be by the end of Trump's presidency?
From the Nile to the Euphrates

Lou Wrong

Butthurt about Buddyloids
kiwifarms.net
an inconsequential PR move, but amusing because it angers mudshits and the westcucks that worship them.

now if he were to formally recognize the west bank and gaza strip as israeli territory, THAT would be an actual bold move with great potential for lulz (third intifada lel) but i don't think we're gonna see something like that happening anytime soon.
Israel doesn't even claim those.

Cosmug

Gay Niggers from Ultra Space
kiwifarms.net
Last time I checked Israel 1) wasn’t America and 2) has their own military. I don’t even dislike Israel, I just don’t want any more USA tax money to be spent on security or aspirations for foreign powers. There’s a flood in Nebraska that has a better claim on that support because they’re us citizens

MarineTrainedTard

Ryan! Stab somebody!
kiwifarms.net
The Israelis will probably never relinquish their claim on the Golan Heights, anyway, it's of far too much strategic importance. It's my understanding that it would be a perfect staging ground to launch long-distance attacks into Israeli population centers.

Politically, probably not a good move for Trump from an international standpoint, but domestically it'll cement his popularity with politically-conservative American Jews (and Evangelicals, for that matter). Right-wing antisemites and anti-Israel-types will probably vote for him anyway because lol at the thought of any of them voting for a modern Democrat.

Cricket

daddy/daddy/dadself
Staff Member
Intelligence
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Last time I checked Israel 1) wasn’t America and 2) has their own military. I don’t even dislike Israel, I just don’t want any more USA tax money to be spent on security or aspirations for foreign powers. There’s a flood in Nebraska that has a better claim on that support because they’re us citizens
Are you saying that the US should recognise Golan Heights as Nebraskan territory?

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
The Israelis will probably never relinquish their claim on the Golan Heights, anyway, it's of far too much strategic importance. It's my understanding that it would be a perfect staging ground to launch long-distance attacks into Israeli population centers.
Not "would be". Was. The Syrian played all sorts of nasty tricks on the Israelis from there 1948-1967. Y'know little stuff like shelling villages and things.

But since Syria wants to ride the line and not properly negotiate a peace with the state of Israel (which would make doing that sort of thing a no-no) instead keeping the ambiguous "state of war" charade going for perpetuity, Israel isn't going to give it up.
This isn't a spending appropriation and has absolutely nothing to do with flooding in Nebraska. Quit it.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino