United States suffering from Celluar outages across the nation (potential DDoS?) - everyone is down except for the farms this time!

Superman93

My Balls!
kiwifarms.net
1592262286903.png

1592256597391.png

Major cell phone carriers, Fortnite, and Apex legends are suffering from outages today. Some people are speculating that it's a massive DDoS attack which it most likely could be. One thing is for sure is that all of these carriers are recieving unusually high traffic volume today.

EDIT: This seems to be only effecting major urban areas at the moment. Majority of the unknown traffic is coming from every other major country (wtf?) and the attack is specifically targeting certain communication bands because some people still have access to their mobile data but most cannot use phone calls or text. Most likely is an attack now.
Changed image

Attachments

Last edited:

Mr. Bung

So many holes, so little time...
kiwifarms.net
Makes sense, I was wondering wtf was going on with my connection...

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
cytube and 4chan seem to be working fine, reception on the phone seems not good but nothing catastrophic

Sam Losco

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How did they manage to hit so many providers in multiple places across the country at the same time? The scale of that seems unimaginable. Or they found a common choke point for them all and hit that.

northstar747

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I couldn't even get a legit landline when we bought our house.
We have VOIP but the only reason I wanted a home phone was in case we lost power, so rather pointless there.
I am in CA

When I moved my father I tried to get "plain old telephone service" or POTS line with AT&T. I was told the same thing. I later learned that by law enforced by the california ulitily commission they do have to give you that plain copper line. You need to get a america not a Filipino call center worker.

True story I asked if they had fiber at my dads place I was told by said Filipino worker that "yes you have connection to fiber"

Turns out my dad has a copper line on his house and that copper line goes to a pole that also has copper BUT that copper line does connect to fiber at the switching station.

I ll stop the rant there but yeah fuck ATT

Cast Iron Pan

First-generation son of Antarcticano refugees
kiwifarms.net
I would be seriously impressed if this WASN'T a state actor sponsored attack. It's quite impressive to pull off a continuous attack for hours with this breadth of targets.
You just know some dissident spooks somewhere got vanned in this, like during the Wikileaks internet fiasco in 2016.

Superman93

My Balls!
kiwifarms.net
NTIC released a report I attached below. Apparently T-Mobile only had a small power outage? I have several problems with this.

This report only addresses T-Mobile power outages and not the other major cell carriers that had issues. Also doesn't explain the unusually high volume of traffic that was observed yesterday.

Attachments

Tags
None