Unpopular Opinions about anime/manga -

It's not that Jojo isn't weird. It's that since its creation there's been thousands of manga much weirder than it.

Keep in mind, Jojo was created in '80s (and has never left the '80s if the fashion in the series is anything to go by) and at the time, it certainly lived up it's namesake because literally no other series was as bizarre, or wacky as it was. It was truly one of a kind, and that's what made it stand out.

However, fast forward nearly forty years later, it now has to compete so much other even weirder shit that it practically feels normal.
I wanna add in that some of the powers involved in part 4 and after do get legit bizarre, and I don't mean the OP ones like King Crimson and Killer Queen. I mean like..the one that traps people in folded pieces of paper..and whatever the fuck Echo act 2 was.

thegooddoctor

kiwifarms.net
Fairy tail is probably the shittiest shonen jump series ever made, anime or manga, I’m sorry FT fans but everything about the series is pure generic shonen trash with almost no distinguishing or unique elements that make it stand out from any other generic fantasy adventure anime mush you can find in any male orientated Japanese comic book ever. The characters are 2 dimensional stereotypes, there’s Natsu the generic 15 year old boy with a adventurous spirit who loves his friends and loves to eat tonnes of food. The resourceful hot fan-service teen girl sidekick, annoying af cute animal sidekick and his love interest, and of course comic relief, cold hard warrior chick, Percy old man character and other generic fighters and theatrically evil villains and deep edgy brooding hero character who betrays our main cast at some point and than reconciled after defeat or becomes exiled from the series. I mean almost nothing about the series is original or decent aside from a occasionally imaginative fight scenes and the predictably high quality Fluid animation you’d expect from higher budget anime adaptations. Honestly the only think that stops this show from being complete trash is honestly the music which admittedly is pretty awesome with some amazing fantasy orchestra sounding themes and the brilliant opening and closing songs made by various J Pop bands that are among some of my favorites for anime. Aside from that though, Fairy tail is just plain generic Garbage and it’s crazy how long the series stuck around for, seriously just read one piece instead, or any shonen ever.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Fairy tail is probably the shittiest shonen jump series ever made, anime or manga, I’m sorry FT fans but everything about the series is pure generic shonen trash with almost no distinguishing or unique elements that make it stand out from any other generic fantasy adventure anime mush you can find in any male orientated Japanese comic book ever. The characters are 2 dimensional stereotypes, there’s Natsu the generic 15 year old boy with a adventurous spirit who loves his friends and loves to eat tonnes of food. The resourceful hot fan-service teen girl sidekick, annoying af cute animal sidekick and his love interest, and of course comic relief, cold hard warrior chick, Percy old man character and other generic fighters and theatrically evil villains and deep edgy brooding hero character who betrays our main cast at some point and than reconciled after defeat or becomes exiled from the series. I mean almost nothing about the series is original or decent aside from a occasionally imaginative fight scenes and the predictably high quality Fluid animation you’d expect from higher budget anime adaptations. Honestly the only think that stops this show from being complete trash is honestly the music which admittedly is pretty awesome with some amazing fantasy orchestra sounding themes and the brilliant opening and closing songs made by various J Pop bands that are among some of my favorites for anime. Aside from that though, Fairy tail is just plain generic Garbage and it’s crazy how long the series stuck around for, seriously just read one piece instead, or any shonen ever.
Fairy Tail is garbage but this was the most autistic way to degrade it.

• Disagree
Reactions: thegooddoctor

Hux

kiwifarms.net
I'd be fine with Panty & Stocking season 2 never coming out if it means no one involved with the season 1 dub gets their hands on it and inevitably shits it up

Reactions: Akumaten

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Ah too much detail perhaps, I’m sorry I just cannot express my aggravation towards this series, I need to learn to space my words better.
It's the more of just some of it sounding like something a shitty anime reviewer would say

I'd be fine with Panty & Stocking season 2 never coming out if it means no one involved with the season 1 dub gets their hands on it and inevitably shits it up
Honestly I am fine with that too because honestly ignoring the post-credits ending where Stocking is a demon, the show ended on a good note. Shame the dub actors are dicks because they did a good job with the material.

• Agree
Reactions: I Love Beef

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fairy Tail got ruined for me before I could even touch it because the creator admitted he had no idea how to end the series. You'd think he'd have had an end goal in mind when he was first working on the series. The other big shounen mangaka at least know/knew how they wanted to end it, even if things didn't really go their way before the ending. What's Mashima's excuse?

Hux

kiwifarms.net
Honestly I am fine with that too because honestly ignoring the post-credits ending where Stocking is a demon, the show ended on a good note. Shame the dub actors are dicks because they did a good job with the material.
PSG ended exactly as it started and ran: not taking itself seriously at all in the slightest which is the most fitting way they could've done it.

What's also fitting is how Jamie and Monica both turned out to be just like the angels they played: two white thots that most sane people would recognize as being incredibly scummy and grating to be around. Life imitates art indeed

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Akumaten

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
PSG ended exactly as it started and ran: not taking itself seriously at all in the slightest which is the most fitting way they could've done it.

What's also fitting is how Jamie and Monica both turned out to be just like the angels they played: two white thots that most sane people would recognize as being incredibly scummy and grating to be around. Life imitates art indeed
Eh I feel that's just a high compliment for them cause that implies they are actually funny people instead of annoying harpies when they don't have a script.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Eh I feel that's just a high compliment for them cause that implies they are actually funny people instead of annoying harpies when they don't have a script.
And preferably not a script Jamie wrote either.

Really, I could make the argument that most, if not all, of Funimation's recent scripts are utter trash between the constant attempts to pander to the SJW crowd and their insistence to license everything they can and shitting out dub after bog-standard dub as a result.

• Agree
Reactions: I Love Beef

I Love Beef

Bell peppers and bee- HEY WAIT A SEC WHERE'S THE B
kiwifarms.net
This will more likely be a "Can't Post This Shit Anywhere Else Without Drawing Moralfags To Lynch Me" opinion piece, but just bear with me.

I think Hayao Miyazaki whores and making the Japanese anime industry bend over to the west more will destroy anime.

Anime didn't get here because it was all about fluffy cloud filled sunny days in a verdant forest where everyday is peaceful and no wrong can happen. Anime got big because it dared to show the shit that no dick wussass faggots, concrete brained dumbfucks, and moral majority fags refused to show and animate. It's not just the shock, violence, titties and gore, it's the pointing out of moral hypocrisy, showing how people can be shitheads in everyday life, and to show how in some fucked situations, you just let it die or have to make it die, and sadly but frankly, that's just how the world rolls.

Even then, it's all about balance. Anime and manga has something for EVERYONE, and out west, it's still slim pickings of exposure no matter if "anime is mainstream". That's what makes anime and manga feels so alive, we barely get but the tip of the iceberg because of the distrubutors playing pick and choose and getting to horse to walk with whatever carrot they choose to hang over its head. Limiting it down to faggot "anime is supposed to be muh pop culture nerd hipster artistic pretentious faggotry to fill in muh void of cultureless vapidness" and wanting anime to be governed by "Hayao Miyazaki" standards is the poison that will kill the industry out in Japan. Say what you will too about bookstores and the importers taking up more series in the late 2000s and not selling enough, but 1) that's the sign there's an industry and community that is vibrant and alive and 2) I blame outright greed and cultural shortsightedness on their end; the underground online fandom was right and is still right in how pirating shit and giving a fuck you to "muh dubs and muh support to import distributors who pocket all of the money" helps out dramatically. Not everything has to be "artsy fartsy for my mom and dad to not call me a fucking failure freak of a human being" and "all ages so that people can understand my hobby because I am an ugly alone freak". To these kinds of shitbag weeaboos, I kindly say fuck off.

And to some venting of my own:

I will admit, I am an oldfag. I am stuck in the 1990s and early 2000s for my preferences. I have favor towards older stuff and older series. But I know deep down that the beat goes on and the world turns every day. I have the common sense to know that not only is Japan is Japan, but while trends go on, maybe WE should do something with what WE prefer as Americans/Westerners, instead of, I don't know, whining about preferences and playing "elite critic" on shit websites hoping futilely that "my voice will somehow magically reach Japanese creators to suck my dick and make entertainment to solely cater to me"? It's easier said than done, but again, imagine if a music scene/genre back in the day did this. They would have been laughed and chad'd off of the face of the earth.

I don't even hate people who don't like anime or have strict preferences and post it up on forums as a regular person, they have standards and preferences and are communicating it to shoot the shit. Making it an agenda and being a shit whiny nerd baby while playing projection really has pissed me off for the last decade of my life, however, and you wouldn't believe the shitheads I have accidentally stumbled upon online and ruined my fucking day like stepping into a big pile of bacteria ridden decomposing dog shit on a heatwave in the middle of the day. The lack of respect and utter deadbrained ignorance some of these demented fanwhore faggots have shown makes me want to assassinate them with the ferocity of Otoya Yamaguchi driving 7 inches of steel into their racid junk food polluted underbellies and dismiss their corpse Travis Touchdown style with a solid "Fuck You", or realistically, hear of them one day just outright necking themselves for realizing how pathetic they are, no surprise given.

Plus, not everything fucking sucks and you should take something from it. I like cute designs and that there is a community of artists who draw cute things. I actually like a select series of pretrend or cornerstone prime moe like DiGi Charat, Galaxy Angel, Lucky Star and Clannad. Some series have premises and vestiges of imagination that while I can't stand getting through the story or doesn't appeal to me on whole of work on their own, inspire me and give me something to digest in concept. I am happy too everyone is beginning to realize the farce that is Cancel Culture and SJW Gay Ops infiltration for manipulating public opinion, news outlets, and production companies that has shown us the damage it can do on not just industry and economy, but the world of art and expression as well, and how said aforementioned wastes of food have tied themselves back into such a pathetic movement excuse of a "social justice movement".

So even as time goes on and the world turns, I want to flow with it, even as a stick in the mud or a stone that refuses to budge. I am glad that shit places like Midnight Eye and Colony Drop have dropped off the face of the earth and places like Ass News Network and THEM Anime Reviews have slowed down in influence and how many of their members are barely credible in their beliefs and standing as a human being. I may have my preferences and standards and stick with them to my last breath as I grow old in an ever changing world, but wow, do some not realize their fall into lolcow spergery and probably the most pathetic level of thickheaded entitled nerd villainy I have witnessed in my existence in this lifetime. It's amazing to know how a variety of animation with themes like understanding the power within and how great you can possibly be as an individual in the face of life's unpredicability has attracted escapist hypocrite faggots like them to its presence. Keep the beef coming.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
I can one up that. Miyazaki is overrated.

There I said it, somebody fucking had to.
I think the movie that most encapsulates the problem with Miyazaki is Lupin - The Castle of Cagliostro. The film looks great and has some great scenes, but this shit ain't Lupin. There is no sex and douchbaggery, it's just a wannabe Disney version.
Anime should be more than children shows and moe is justice.

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
I think the movie that most encapsulates the problem with Miyazaki is Lupin - The Castle of Cagliostro. The film looks great and has some great scenes, but this shit ain't Lupin. There is no sex and douchbaggery, it's just a wannabe Disney version.
Anime should be more than children shows and moe is justice.
Monkey Punch would agree with you. He liked the film, but he thought it wasn't really Lupin. As he said, "I wouldn't have had him rescue the girl, I would have had him rape her!"

The definitive Lupin film is Mystery of Mamo.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am glad that shit places like Midnight Eye and Colony Drop have dropped off the face of the earth
I thought you were talking smack about Midnight Eye for a second there and I was going "Wut?".
1879.jpg

Colony Drop's been mentioned in passing in the ANN thread, but "Midnight Eye" is new.

• Feels
Reactions: Jewelsmakerguy