Unpopular Opinions about anime/manga -

One Piece would've been better if it was only the starting 7. Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper and Robin. Franky just kinda feels like a gag character with him just showing up without his speedo. Brook also feels like a gag character for a obvious reason (PANTIES!) and Jinbe isn't given anything to do (though, he's only been a Strawhat for a short amount of time). Like all three of their backstories but feel like the series would've been better without them.

AsbestosFlaygon

What's your favorite kind of shampoo?
I'm not sure how common of a opinion this really is, but since I've heard it said a few times fuck it I'll at least pretend it's popular.

FLCL's not a good anime to get started with, the only thing that makes even slightly beginner friend is the fucking length. Otherwise it's weird as hippopotamus ass man, even for a fucking anime. And mind you I'm someone that generally did like what I've watched of it, but I'm also a bit more open to unconventional shit. If I were to show that to some who's more of a normie like say my fucking mom I guarantee she'd never watch anime again. I'm not a anime person, hell barely a movie person, but I can't imagine it's really the one you be use to pop peoples anime cherries with.

I think the same thing about Anime. I never got why they only credit some people, but not others.
Got any particular examples?

In much of the Tezuka manga I've read (the translated versions, can't speak for the source material) theres nothing noted about the assistants, but their contributions are quite apparent.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
Got any particular examples?

In much of the Tezuka manga I've read (the translated versions, can't speak for the source material) theres nothing noted about the assistants, but their contributions are quite apparent.
All the time, especially when it comes to subcontract houses doing key animation or in-betweening duties. it seems like some studios have more priority than others in both regards.

I'm not sure how common of a opinion this really is, but since I've heard it said a few times fuck it I'll at least pretend it's popular.

FLCL's not a good anime to get started with, the only thing that makes even slightly beginner friend is the fucking length. Otherwise it's weird as hippopotamus ass man, even for a fucking anime. And mind you I'm someone that generally did like what I've watched of it, but I'm also a bit more open to unconventional shit. If I were to show that to some who's more of a normie like say my fucking mom I guarantee she'd never watch anime again. I'm not a anime person, hell barely a movie person, but I can't imagine it's really the one you be use to pop peoples anime cherries with.
Who the FUCK is recommending FLCL as a starter anime? I find it difficult to believe that this is a popular opinion, because anyone even vaguely familiar with FLCL would agree with pretty much everything you said. I can only really imagine somebody holding this belief in an elitist, contrarian way.

I think assistants should be credited more often, manga are often made by a team which given the brisk deadlines and schedule, is understandable. Feels a bit dishonest to market a manga while pretending that only one person made everything.
In some of the (physical) manga I've read, the editors/assistants get a small shout-out in the end-of-volume miscellanea, like a short comic depicting them with the mangaka or at the very least having their names credited.

All the time, especially when it comes to subcontract houses doing key animation or in-betweening duties. it seems like some studios have more priority than others in both regards.
It ultimately comes down to whos open since anime has to be highly detailed but produced absurdly quick. Its worse with videogames though, if you look up KH3 on MobyGames you'll see a list of at least 30 different companies that worked on it, but Square gets most of the credit.

In some of the (physical) manga I've read, the editors/assistants get a small shout-out in the end-of-volume miscellanea, like a short comic depicting them with the mangaka or at the very least having their names credited.
Maybe thats more common with recent manga, most of the stuff I reads quite old and I blame lazy American publishers more than anything else.

I don't get the appeal of Popee The Performer.

Some people find the low budget CGI charming but I find it more on the creepy side if anything. I get that the show is kinda like Rick and Morty in a way that when things happen, they have real world consequences. I don't understand how people find badly animated CGI violent slapstick animation shorts charming and funny. I've watched a few episodes like Swallower and Dreams and I still don't get the appeal and why this old show even has a fan base.

Max Doof

You can find me in multimedia
I don't get the appeal of Popee The Performer.

Some people find the low budget CGI charming but I find it more on the creepy side if anything. I get that the show is kinda like Rick and Morty in a way that when things happen, they have real world consequences. I don't understand how people find badly animated CGI violent slapstick animation shorts charming and funny. I've watched a few episodes like Swallower and Dreams and I still don't get the appeal and why this old show even has a fan base.
I guess for the original japanese audience it premiered in the late 90's - early 2000's so their's a novelty to it being one of the first cgi animes. Also there are just people who enjoy cartoonishly bloody violence. What's funny to me is how similar the humor is to those elsagate videos and those disturbing "kids" youtube channels. Except popee was intended for adults and that's the joke but those videos aren't....

I guess for the original japanese audience it premiered in the late 90's - early 2000's so their's a novelty to it being one of the first cgi animes. Also there are just people who enjoy cartoonishly bloody violence. What's funny to me is how similar the humor is to those elsagate videos and those disturbing "kids" youtube channels. Except popee was intended for adults and that's the joke but those videos aren't....
But didn't it air on Kids Station inbetween 2000-2001?

Tor Lugosi

The Holy One of Israel
Yarichin Bitch Club has a big ass potental for some drama/ tragedy.
Actual Wikipedia plot description for this right now:
Takashi Tōno is a freshman student who is transferred from Tokyo to Morimori Academy, a private boarding school located deep in the mountains. Soon after arriving, he befriends Kyōsuke Yaguchi, who is a member of the soccer club and invites Tōno to join him in the club. Tōno's lack of interest in sports forces him to enter the quietest club of all: the photography club. However, the photography club is not what it seems, since all its members' job is to have sex with other students of the school Btw this is all fake and it's a nomle anime .

low effort edit tbh

Looking at the Edit History for the article it seems like it's been 'vandalized' a couple of times.

garakfan69

Colleague of MovieBob
Who the FUCK is recommending FLCL as a starter anime? I find it difficult to believe that this is a popular opinion, because anyone even vaguely familiar with FLCL would agree with pretty much everything you said. I can only really imagine somebody holding this belief in an elitist, contrarian way.
FLCL is weird but it's not really anime specific weirdness.
I don't see how being more into anime and more familiar with its tropes will make you enjoy FLCL more or vice-versa.

FLCL is weird but it's not really anime specific weirdness.
I don't see how being more into anime and more familiar with its tropes will make you enjoy FLCL more or vice-versa.
That's exactly why it's a terrible starter anime. Like the guy I initially replied to suggested - because of how weird and unconventional it is, it's going to turn a lot of people off regardless of their familiarity with the medium. That's not the kind of show you recommend somebody as an introduction to the medium; more likely than not the weirdness will just turn them off anime as a whole.