Unpopular Opinions about anime/manga -

Max Doof

You can find me in multimedia
kiwifarms.net
Part 4 of JJBA is better than Part 5.
If we're talking narrative wise then absolutely. But in terms of the entire series I still side more with part 5. Part 4 is perfect as a buffer series though after the craziness of part 3 and it's finale.

Titos

Your smile makes my heart explode :3
kiwifarms.net
Junji Ito's stuff isn't scary at all.
The english OP to Rurouni Kenshin is better than the Japanese one.
Umaru is good both ironically and non-ironically.

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is that really unpopular? Most fans usually consider Part 4 or Part 7 to be the best part.
I don't know. Everyone I know seems to think Part 5 is better than Part 4, so I just kind of assumed that's what the rest of the fandom thought.

Atatata

kiwifarms.net
The anime is usually better than the manga except for notable exceptions, like Berserk. The average manga is not that great..
I feel the opposite, anime always skips out on stuff. I find it annoying when people act like hot shit when they refuse to consider the idea of reading something when the animation condensed 150 chapters into 12 episodes, completely ignored character interations and skipped scenes entirely. Its honestly an exception when an anime doesn't do that imo.

Last edited:

glumCunt

daft twat/archemperor of the universe
kiwifarms.net
Kill la kill - Style over substance

Cowboy Bebop - boring, thoroughly average

Kimi no na wa - very dissapointing considering the hype, almost cliche

Monster - could not get into it, stopped watching after the 15th episode or so, felt generic and derivative

Ghost in the Shell (feature) - a bunch of explosions, shooting, but barely anything ever happens. Not very immersive or engaging despite the supposed philosophical undertones. Snore

Perfect Blue - found this one to be fairly interesting, although one thing pops up in my head. Why wasn't this done as a live action film? The animation adds nothing to it. Real world problems and themes done through a Disney look-a-like style.

Last edited:

Thomas Talus

kiwifarms.net
Cowboy Bebop - boring, thoroughly average
Gonna feed the troll here and say that even if you're a moron who doesn't like the content of the show itself (which was fantastic) the soundtrack alone would elevate it far beyond average, and the strength of the soundtrack transcends opinion and enters the realm of objective fact. Pushing 25 years on and it still has yet to be topped.

Travoltron

kiwifarms.net
Gonna feed the troll here and say that even if you're a moron who doesn't like the content of the show itself (which was fantastic) the soundtrack alone would elevate it far beyond average, and the strength of the soundtrack transcends opinion and enters the realm of objective fact. Pushing 25 years on and it still has yet to be topped.
Cowboy Bebop cribs so much from Lupin III it isn't funny. Including Yuji Ohno's jazz soundtrack.
Which wouldn't bother me so much if Western anime fans would acknowledge this. And Lupin has lasted 50 years and will probably go on for 50 more.

Last edited:

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Which wouldn't bother me so much if Western anime fans would acknowledge this.
I think you can just blame the ignorance of Western fans in general for this. Although Part II I think was shown on Toonami or some other channel, Lupin III wasn't that big in the States until fairly recently with Castle of Cagliostro showing up on Netflix and being shown in limited theaters, and even then it rode on Hayao Miyazaki's name recognition, and I don't see the fanbase growing exponentially.

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
I think you can just blame the ignorance of Western fans in general for this. Although Part II I think was shown on Toonami or some other channel, Lupin III wasn't that big in the States until fairly recently with Castle of Cagliostro showing up on Netflix and being shown in limited theaters, and even then it rode on Hayao Miyazaki's name recognition, and I don't see the fanbase growing exponentially.
Anime fans have always known Castle of Cagliostro, though.

glumCunt

daft twat/archemperor of the universe
kiwifarms.net
Claymore is phenomenal, one example of a truly great japanimation show. (up until they decided to tack on the hastily put together ending, read the comic for a proper conclusion)