Unpopular Opinions About Comic Books -

• The site was compromised. (Initial announcement) (What to do) (A post about feelings)
    This announcement will be removed when I (hopefully) finalize my audit either today or tomorrow. I will follow it up with a mass email to all users linking the information in this announcement. So far, there has been no subsequent release of data.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
We got one for literature, TV, movies and video games so why not one for comic books? I'll start...

-Frank Miller is a has-been.
-Grimm Fairy Tales was better when it was about Sela teaching lessons to Mortals through her magical book. I understand going on with the series, but I miss that part.
-I actually like the new Muslim Ms. Marvel. SJW accusations be damned.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, the violet lanterns are just cheesecake anyway.
I know, but it's just too bad and waste of a neat concept (the love men are capable of). If I was to choose a male Star Sapphire, I would go with pre-52 Ralph "Elongated Man" Dibney. Just for the loyalty and love he has for his wife (don't get me started on how Identity Crisis treated Sue) and sure you'd have to make the male version of the outfit different.

Dalish

jewess bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really like Miller's Dark Knight Strikes Again, Year One and the All Star Batman work he did.

Marvel comics has been shit since the early 00s, especially when they tried to integrate the x-men movies into their universe. Like they tried to go WAAAAAAAY darker and it's just been a surreal ride with Marvel since the Ultimates universe.

E

EI 903

kiwifarms.net
What did you like about All-Star Batman & Robin, if I might ask?

Morbid Boredom

Transgoth transteen transwoman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I liked the ridiculousness and art style of it, mostly. It was very visually stunning even if the writing was very strange and Irish ninja Black Canary was off the rails.

Plus?

"I'm the goddamned Batman."
To defend the indefensible... that deserves a "Winner".

I think The Walking Dead sucks. I don't want to know what happens to these people on their long slog to a gruesome death. And I hate that the AMC show has taken over New York Comic Con.

Slowboat to China

Drinking Toilet Duck
kiwifarms.net
Don't know if this is technically an unpopular opinion or not, but it sure is among my geek circle, so ... I really, really don't like lolwacky Dead"chimichanga"pool.

I actually like Deadpool as a character, and two of the earlyish stories I read with him--"The Circle Chase" and "Sins of the Father"--are some of my favorite comic arcs ever. He was funny and off-the-wall at times, sure, but it wasn't to the point of endless pop-culture references and fourth-wall-breaking, and his craziness was balanced by the crapsack world he lived in and his own obvious damage. Because he came into his own during '90s grimdark era, even a bit of humor really stood out, and seeing him being himself was actually fun. Now the wackiness dial has been turned up to 11,000 and the harder the writers try, the less I actually find him funny.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
Don't know if this is technically an unpopular opinion or not, but it sure is among my geek circle, so ... I really, really don't like lolwacky Dead"chimichanga"pool.

I actually like Deadpool as a character, and two of the earlyish stories I read with him--"The Circle Chase" and "Sins of the Father"--are some of my favorite comic arcs ever. He was funny and off-the-wall at times, sure, but it wasn't to the point of endless pop-culture references and fourth-wall-breaking, and his craziness was balanced by the crapsack world he lived in and his own obvious damage. Because he came into his own during '90s grimdark era, even a bit of humor really stood out, and seeing him being himself was actually fun. Now the wackiness dial has been turned up to 11,000 and the harder the writers try, the less I actually find him funny.
I can understand that. If he has a little restrain, he can be great.

• Agree
Reactions: Amadeus X. Machina

nyess

I am not jew null :L
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Unpopular opinions? Okay, I'll give two

1. Watchmen is a grossly overrated graphic novel and an unfair ruling stick on how a graphic novel should be written.

2. Liefeld's art style is deliberately made to be energetic and over the top action-y, regardless of how you view his artistic talents.

There

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino