Unpopular Opinions About Comic Books -

RockVolnutt

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if anyone else has payed attention to the new Dark Nights METAL advertisements but... I know they're supposed to be dark and stuff, but the characters they show are the most goofy-looking motherfuckers I have seen in a while.

I haven't been following the Metal event at all, but what on Earth am I looking at?
The League (Batman to be accurate) discovers a bunch of unknown Earths blocked off from the rest of the multiverse. These are presumably the Batmen of some of those worlds.

• Informative
Reactions: [Insert Meme Here]

friedshrimp

028372n38934739473247219074
kiwifarms.net
I'm sad to force myself to be over Spiderman, since i do like the concept of the story and original comics, but I can't really go on with the fandom. the fandom has gotten incredibly SJW and one can't say anything about preferring Mary Jane as a white redhead (or just not...randomly changing and erasing characters), or not erasing the Osborns from the narrative, etc etc bc then you're accused of being racist/sexist/etc-ist.

Not to mention the comics are doing so much stupid shit like Billionaire Peter and Spider-Gwen it feels like they're losing the idea of what was cool about Spider-Man in the first place. I can't believe the last thing that I genuinely liked of Spiderman was Spectacular Spiderman...

Last edited:

r4ndom

i was only pretending to be autistic
kiwifarms.net
Not to mention the comics are doing so much stupid shit like Billionaire Peter and Spider-Gwen it feels like they're losing the idea of what was cool about Spider-Man. I can't believe the last thing that I genuinely liked of Spiderman was Spectacular Spiderman...
the problem is that you can only do so much with a perpetually unchanging character like old peter (even if i dont like how he is now).

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
I'm sad to force myself to be over Spiderman, since i do like the concept of the story and original comics, but I can't really go on with the fandom. the fandom has gotten incredibly SJW and one can't say anything about preferring Mary Jane as a white redhead (or just not...randomly changing and erasing characters), or not erasing the Osborns from the narrative, etc etc bc then you're accused of being racist/sexist/etc-ist.

Not to mention the comics are doing so much stupid shit like Billionaire Peter and Spider-Gwen it feels like they're losing the idea of what was cool about Spider-Man in the first place. I can't believe the last thing that I genuinely liked of Spiderman was Spectacular Spiderman...
Not to mention how his new girlfriend, Mockingbird, treats him.

• Agree
Reactions: Amadeus X. Machina

weirdMcGee

m'lady witch
kiwifarms.net
Harley Quinn should have been more of villain protagionist but still be a bit independent from the joker. Not saying joker and harley's relationship isn't without it's chemistry, I just don't like abusive relationships that could crumble apart at every minute.

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Harley Quinn should have been more of villain protagionist but still be a bit independent from the joker. Not saying joker and harley's relationship isn't without it's chemistry, I just don't like abusive relationships that could crumble apart at every minute.
That's the thing about abusive relationships, they don't crumble apart, they implode. Healthy relationships are what fade away, dysfunctional relationships go out in a ball of flames.

Is Spiderman 2099 still around?

The Shadow

I am NOT a crackpot.
kiwifarms.net
The only thing stopping Alan Moore, Frank Miller and the like from being lolcows is that they don't typically interact with people through social media. I can guarantee we'd be laughing our asses off at Moore's dumb hippie lifestyle if it was more public.

Goodbye Horses

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The only thing stopping Alan Moore, Frank Miller and the like from being lolcows is that they don't typically interact with people through social media. I can guarantee we'd be laughing our asses off at Moore's dumb hippie lifestyle if it was more public.
That's kind of the point though: Alan Moore gets up to some weird shit in his personal life but he's not at all interested in attention whoring. If someone calls him up for an interview he's happy to talk about whatever, but if not he's just happy taking loads of drugs and praying to his imaginary serpent god, he just doesn't give a shit.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
That's kind of the point though: Alan Moore gets up to some weird shit in his personal life but he's not at all interested in attention whoring. If someone calls him up for an interview he's happy to talk about whatever, but if not he's just happy taking loads of drugs and praying to his imaginary serpent god, he just doesn't give a shit.
So who do you think could win in a fight between modern day Frank Miller and moder Alan Moore?

Jetpack Himmler

Creepy Little F--k
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if I will get roasted for this, but I think John Stewart is the most overrated Green Lantern and Wally West is the most overrated Flash. Don't get me wrong, I like the the characters well enough, part of the reason why I adopted this attitude is because I went to this forum where this guy endlessly sperged about how awful Geoff Johns was for his Silver Age nostalgia and that Hal Jordan was in his words, "boring." To be frank, I always saw John Stewart as the most boring GL because his personality was incredibly straight-laced and required someone like Hal or Guy to bounce off of to be interesting.

As for Wally, I missed the entirety of Baron, Messner-Loebs, and Waid's run on the character so I never had that connection to the character. I read a lot of my mother's Silver Age comics so I was always a fan of that stuff and got hooked on Flash during Johns' first run because he expanded on Captain Cold and the rest of the rogues and expanded Wally's supporting cast. Despite all that, the comics treated Barry as the lost Lenore and it fuelled my fascination with him, especially when they butchered Wally in 2007-08. Thus I wasn't that angry when he returned during Final Crisis.

My problem is not so much with the characters, but the screeching fanboys who have such a hate-boner for anything Silver/Bronze Age, yet they put 90s DC and the Animated Universe on a fucking pedestal.

Tags
None