Unpopular Opinions About Comic Books -

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
I like him with Husk but you're right. I miss Gen X so much. It had just the right mix of teen stuff and adult conflict - throwing them into actual danger. And Jono is hands down my favourite mutant.
It didn't hurt that he had an awesome design to go with it. I also liked Jubilee x Everett as a potential couple; too bad it didn't happen.

Cheerlead-in-Chief

kiwifarms.net
I have only 2:
I liked "Manga Marvel" at the time when I read it at 16, despite the weird convoluted plot and obvious appeal to weebs.
"Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe": I liked Scott and Kim Pine better than the focus being on Ramona Flowers, that to this day I think is a slutty Mary Sue. And while I despise TV Tropes' autistic WMG's, for once I agree with one of them that Scott will eventually become an Evil Ex-Boyfriend.

Volthoom

For the Overlords of Oa
kiwifarms.net
Superior Spider-man should have permanently replaced Amazing Spider-man

Attachments

• Superior_Spider-Man_Version_1.jpg
    Superior_Spider-Man_Version_1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39

Scarlett Johansson

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I did not hate Misty Knight's Heroes For Hire team. I also liked Domino's Hotshots team from that had Black Widow and some others on it

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
Arkham Asylum: A Serious House On A Serious Earth is the worst Batman story I've ever read. The artwork made it unreadable. I'd love to see it redone with a different artist.

Death Of Superman was very overrated. There was no more story to it than "Doomsday walks around fighting people then kills Superman".
AA had some weird art, but there's something amusing about Joker telling Batman to "loosen up tightass" and then goosing him.

JimiHendrix

The best jazz player around.
kiwifarms.net
Batman who laughs is fucking boring and a terrible idea.

i think he was a good idea with the worst possible execution. the idea of "What if a Nightmare existed in the Real World?" is interesting if you make the Nightmare have to learn to play by the rules of reality. In a dream the Nightmare can do whatever it wants, that's why it's scary.

so I just think it would've been interesting if BWL came to the real world and just constantly got the shit kicked out of him because he doesn't know how to operate on real world rules and had to learn.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
i think he was a good idea with the worst possible execution. the idea of "What if a Nightmare existed in the Real World?" is interesting if you make the Nightmare have to learn to play by the rules of reality. In a dream the Nightmare can do whatever it wants, that's why it's scary.

so I just think it would've been interesting if BWL came to the real world and just constantly got the shit kicked out of him because he doesn't know how to operate on real world rules and had to learn.

I think it would have helped if he'd been badly outclassed by both the Joker and Batman due to his fundemently dilluted nature. Batman and jokers merits should mix like oil and water.

JimiHendrix

The best jazz player around.
kiwifarms.net
I think it would have helped if he'd been badly outclassed by both the Joker and Batman due to his fundemently dilluted nature. Batman and jokers merits should mix like oil and water.

yeah. anything other than the "i was a god in my nightmare world and now im a god in the real world, get fucked."

i just wish there had been some adjustment period of the whole "holy shit, the rules of the real world don't work like my nightmare world"

but instead we got generic perfect super evil killing machine with no personality or anything interesting about him.

Weeb Slinger

kiwifarms.net
The best parts of Neil Gaiman's Sandman are the tangental stories. The Endless are ridiculous and become more so the first time all but one of them are gathered in the same room, where they bicker like an internet clique on a YouTube livestream. If they were real people there is not one among them who would be spared their own thread on these boards.

Alan Moore's run on Swamp Thing (which informed Sandman's Corinthian arc) is infinitely superior in terms of plot, creativity and character growth, as well as providing some genuinely touching moments. It also gifted the world that arch-bastard John Constantine - a man who would go on to trick one of the princes of Hell into drinking a pint of holy water, which he had disguised as Guinness.

albert chan

Ratchet & Clank was a good game
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thought the Howard The Duck comics were funny, but I think I might be the only one since people like to associate that with the movie that failed to reach bigger audiences.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thought the Howard The Duck comics were funny, but I think I might be the only one since people like to associate that with the movie that failed to reach bigger audiences.
That's probably the extent of it. Nobody thinks of this comic without having that movie in their heads.