Unpopular opinions about food -

Coffee Druid

Your friendly caffeinated chevalier
kiwifarms.net
I would rather snack on cherry tomatoes than candy any day of the week.
Home-grown tomatoes are so sweet and delicious. I can't go back to store bought now. Heck, I will never part with dark chocolate but I'll happily eat fruit instead of any candy ever again.

Solution to the ketchup problem: go back to mushroom ketchup and cut on sweeteners.
I've always wanted to try that but they never have it near me. Does it taste like mushrooms? I love them so having a condiment that's mushroom flavored sounds nice. But it's fine if it's not. I've heard of banana ketchup in SE Asia, I wonder how that tastes.

Frozen grapes are shit. They don't get "creamy," "like tiny balls of ice cream," or whatever else. They're just frozen, hard to eat, and the flavor is very muted when frozen.
My dad used to freeze blueberries to snack on when I was a kid. That texture of being semi-solid inside but still kind of slimy skin has turned me off from ever eating whole blueberries in my life. Don't get me wrong, blueberry flavoring is good, but if I can see even part of the berry I'm not eating it.

Lastly, someone here bought orange-fleshed watermelon. I thought it was canteloupe at first because of the color. But it has the taste and texture of watermelon. Trippy.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've always wanted to try that but they never have it near me. Does it taste like mushrooms? I love them so having a condiment that's mushroom flavored sounds nice. But it's fine if it's not. I've heard of banana ketchup in SE Asia, I wonder how that tastes.
Do I have a video for you:

I also have a recipe if you prefer reading.

If you can't buy it easily, you can always try making it. It's actually more gravy-like since it's far more savory than ketchup, which IMO is too sugary nowadays.

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
Frozen grapes are shit. They don't get "creamy," "like tiny balls of ice cream," or whatever else. They're just frozen, hard to eat, and the flavor is very muted when frozen.
Most frozen fruit is terrible. The best frozen fruit I have eaten was blue berries, peaches and pomegranates. Everything else is a odd mix because frozen bananas are too mushy, strawberries are unripened and the manufacturers decided it would be best to put them all in the same bag as a blend despite their different texture and varying times in thawing the fruit out.

• Agree
Reactions: UnsufficentBoobage

Autumnal Equinox

Dinsdale!
kiwifarms.net
I've never been able to enjoy seafood. I don't even like the "safe" choices like cod or halibut. Tuna and salmon just smell awful and that fishy smell/taste just overpowers everything else. Shrimp I just find meh, if I have to eat it, I have to smother it in cocktail sauce. Lobster is just disgusting trash food. Mussels and oysters are like trying to choke down a big wad of phlegm.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
Most frozen fruit is terrible. The best frozen fruit I have eaten was blue berries, peaches and pomegranates. Everything else is a odd mix because frozen bananas are too mushy, strawberries are unripened and the manufacturers decided it would be best to put them all in the same bag as a blend despite their different texture and varying times in thawing the fruit out.
I assumed the mixes were for smoothies. Who lets them thaw?

I have heard of them being used in pies and pastries where the texture probably won’t be any worse than canned fruit would be.

Reactions: saralovesjuicyfruit

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
I assumed the mixes were for smoothies. Who lets them thaw?

I have heard of them being used in pies and pastries where the texture probably won’t be any worse than canned fruit would be.
True. I got them because fresh fruit was expensive and rotted quickly, and canned fruit was mostly peaches, pears and pineapples. Tasty! But I wanted more variety, and something nutritious, too.

喪女

"mojyo"
kiwifarms.net
Personally, I think caramel is disgusting. I won't eat any treat that has it. I also don't like any kind of 'salad sandwich.' Egg salad, chicken salad, etc. The texture of it makes me gag.

I've been dipping fries in ketchup mixed with mayo. I recommend if you want to try something new that isn't overly daring. I also have a bias for French food since I grew up eating it. Escargot has always been one of my favourites.

Bender

The life-ender fender Bender
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been dipping fries in ketchup mixed with mayo. I recommend if you want to try something new that isn't overly daring. I also have a bias for French food since I grew up eating it. Escargot has always been one of my favourites.
That's pretty much the sauce we use for prawn cocktail vol-au-vents in the UK, bit of pastry, some prawns (shrimps, for you Americans, the small ones) and a 50/50 mix of ketchup and mayo (though I prefer much more mayo). They taste great and are fairly simple to make, take some to the next small party you go to.

Edit: Found a recipe, if you're interested.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I cut off the fat on my steaks. I can't stand the texture of fat, even though I will acknowledge that it gives steak good flavor.
A little globule here or there that doesn't render is fine IMO, but yeah, streaks like that are not something you try to eat. You keep it on initially while cooking, but yeah, I tend to trim too.

Speaking of fat; not the biggest fan of chicken skin. I like little doses of it, but I tend to just prefer breading or plain baked meat.

Tags
None