Unpopular opinions about food -

Dialtone

Buy: Happiness
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I personally hate shrimp, every time I get it, whether it is at a restaurant or not people overcook it until it has the consistency of rubber bands, or it is cooked properly yet under seasoned and tastes like dirt.

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Boneless wings are not wings. They are sauced chicken nuggets, and they are wildly inferior to actual wings. They are made of white meat which is meh at best. Actual wings are dark meat and have far more flavor, better texture, and are better for dipping.
If you actually just debone wings, they're still wings, though.

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've heard of banana ketchup in SE Asia, I wonder how that tastes.
I have no wonder or desire for what banana ketchup may or may not taste like: the mere concept is an abomination to me. Fuck bananas.

Canned meat can be tasty: I'm thinking chopped ham (with extra jelly, of course) and British style corned beef. Bonus points if the can comes with a little key to open it, I am a sucker for those.

Reactions: Lizard Pope

Coffee Druid

Your friendly caffeinated chevalier
kiwifarms.net
There's a popular food around me called elote. Literally a hispanic name for corn on the cob with toppings. I saw a post floating around that apparently "white" people are calling it loaded corn on the cob and that's...racist? Or that people wanting to use a descriptive name in their own vernacular is somehow stupid or offensive? Okay.

Food is food. We call it different things but in the end you just eat it all the same.

The Wizard

I have spells.
kiwifarms.net
Elote is gross and it gets everywhere, unless you have it prepared in a bowl or somehow off the cob. Besides, those corn-mayonnaise-lime-cumin monstrosities are like something a deathfat would make when trying to "cook at home more often."

I actually really like the taste of soy milk.

Poutine is overrated as fuck. Its not terrible, but nowhere near as good as people say it is.

Ndnd

It’s not Aspirin...
kiwifarms.net
You forgot the cheese curds dude.
That’s sacrilege! You’d better not say that anywhere in Quebec. The locals will chase you out of town with hockey sticks and pitchforks. Crinkle cut fries have no fucking place in poutine. Hand cut, twice fried Yukon Golds or GTFO.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That’s sacrilege! You’d better not say that anywhere in Quebec. The locals will chase you out of town with hockey sticks and pitchforks. Crinkle cut fries have no fucking place in poutine. Hand cut, twice fried Yukon Golds or GTFO.
You couldn't even remember best potato for fries. It's kennebec.

For shame.

Ndnd

It’s not Aspirin...
kiwifarms.net
You couldn't even remember best potato for fries. It's kennebec.

For shame.
Hey, you’re the one who suggested making poutine out of crinkle cut fries. It’s pretty much equivalent to telling an American that turkey is a perfectly acceptable substitute for a beef burger.

Tags
None