Unpopular opinions about food -

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hey, you’re the one who suggested making poutine out of crinkle cut fries. It’s pretty much equivalent to telling an American that turkey is a perfectly acceptable substitute for a beef burger.
It is tho. And I say this as a guy who pretty much can and at points did eat at least one burger a day.

Reactions: Trombonista

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It is tho. And I say this as a guy who pretty much can and at points did eat at least one burger a day.
Sir, this is an unpopular opinion thread. But what you just said here is heretical. You will recant or be made too. As the sacred texts proclaim, only animals of cloven hooves may be blessed to become burger. Those of wing, fin, or claw are profane in the eyes of the Almighty, and their flesh must never be anointed with cheese and embraced by the bun.

For lo, any who makes a burger of the horse or ass, then he is a Frenchman, and beyond redemption. Any who makes a burger of the fish and other denizens of the sea, he is a yellow devil and to be shunned, and he who makes a burger of the birds of the sky, he above all makes profane that which should be sacred and must surely be put to death.

Last edited:

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sir, this is an unpopular opinion thread. But what you just said here is heretical. You will recant or be made too. As the sacred texts proclaim, only animals of cloven hooves may be blessed to become burger. Those of wing, fin, or claw are profane in the eyes of the Almighty, and their flesh must never be anointed with cheese and embraced by the bun.

For lo, any who makes a burger of the horse or ass, then he is a Frenchman, and beyond redemption. Any who makes a burger of the fish and other denizens of the sea, he is a yellow devil and to be shunned, and he who makes a burger of the birds of the sky, he above all makes profane that which should be sacred and must surely be put to death.
Reminder this person douses his potatoes in maple syrup, a hideous act in and of itself, and so would join me on any food related chopping block.

Also crab cakes are technically burgers if you think about it.

Last edited:

Fat Gay Riker

kiwifarms.net
Pulled pork or brisket or BBQ chicken with sauce is an okay novelty pizza. So is buffalo chicken. I even think "Hawaiian pizza" with a white sauce, ham/pork and pineapple (but fresh and not from a can) is edible. Almost nobody makes that, though, and the usual "Hawaiian pizza" is so vile I can understand why people think it's an abomination of a topping, as it usually is. And one of the best pizzas I had was wood oven, basil pesto, with grilled chicken and marinated artichoke hearts. Pesto pizza is one of the few I'd make a regular thing, instead of a change of pace, though.

Also anchovies are a great topping. Not just on pizza, on most things where they're a possible ingredient.
Ditto on the white sauce Hawaiian. Alfredo Hawaiian is fantastic with canadian bacon, fresh pineapple, and italian sausage.

I haven't had anchovies straight up or as a topping but some anchovy paste mixed in with garlic powder, black pepper, and butter is the thing I need to put on my ribeye.

• Agree
Reactions: Sweet and Savoury

Bender

The life-ender fender Bender
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I simply will not touch lobster, crab or shrimp...look like bugs to me.

I don't care how good they taste I ain't eating sea bugs.

Clams and mussels are good though.
I'd eat the lobster or crab meat as long as it was taken out of the shell before I saw the alien-looking creature it came from, but fishmongers sell them whole. Prawns are nearly always sold ready-to-eat here, so I've never had a problem with them, but it did freak me out when I first saw some fresh ones when I was a kid.

basil marceaux.DOTCOM

Wake up just wanna WASH myself, CLEAN my wrists
kiwifarms.net
Vanilla is gross.

Anything with the flavor has been made with beaver diarrhea. I'm not making that up. Don't eat it. Ever.

AnOminous

So what?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I'd eat the lobster or crab meat as long as it was taken out of the shell before I saw the alien-looking creature it came from, but fishmongers sell them whole.
Anything other than fresh lobster, which basically means it was alive up until it was cooked, is worthless trash.

Vanilla is gross.

Anything with the flavor has been made with beaver diarrhea. I'm not making that up. Don't eat it. Ever.
That's fake vanilla, which is gross. Real vanilla is made with a bean. You can make it yourself.

Bender

The life-ender fender Bender
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anything other than fresh lobster, which basically means it was alive up until it was cooked, is worthless trash.
Of course I'd want it fresh it was before it was cooked, my problem is how horrifically ugly lobsters are and if anyone bought that monstrosity out I would, at best, lose my appetite or, at worst, introduce my recent appetite to everyone else at the table. Cook me a fresh lobster, get all the meat out and chuck it on a plate and I'll be happy to chow down on it.

• Feels
Reactions: UnsufficentBoobage

stupidpieceofshit

Panzer Vor, Motherfuckers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I cut off the fat on my steaks. I can't stand the texture of fat, even though I will acknowledge that it gives steak good flavor.
Eh, not that bad, what really matters AFAIK is the marbling of the fat inside the steak it self, not the fat on the outside.
Canned meat can be tasty: I'm thinking chopped ham (with extra jelly, of course) and British style corned beef. Bonus points if the can comes with a little key to open it, I am a sucker for those.
Devil ham was surprisingly decent.

I've been playing around with the idea of making a Hawaiian pizza with spam instead of Canadian bacon.

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Eh, not that bad, what really matters AFAIK is the marbling of the fat inside the steak it self, not the fat on the outside.

Devil ham was surprisingly decent.

I've been playing around with the idea of making a Hawaiian pizza with spam instead of Canadian bacon.
Surely spam is the more authentic ingredient here? Islanders love that spiced ham.

DrunkNDoziNDragN

Heineken? Fuck that shit! Pabst! Blue! Ribbon!
kiwifarms.net
I like tomato sauce, ketchup and cooked tomatoes. If I bite into a sliced tomato in a sandwich I dont flip out or send it back and hey as long as its buried by the other flavors that's fine... but I have limits. I hate raw tomatoes or biting into cherry tomatoes. They make me gag. It takes and feels like a giant zit just burst into my mouth. Oh god I hate them.

Tags
None