Unpopular opinions about food

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

Dwight Frye

kiwifarms.net
As far as basic chain pizza places go, Dominos isn’t as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. It’s not my first choice when ordering pizza, but I won’t turn my nose up at it either, it’s fine enough for the cost.

Little Caesar’s is the pizza I wouldn’t feed to my dog. Complete trash.

Din Djarin

The Farms' Number One Pedro Pascal Fan
kiwifarms.net
Boba tea is an absolutely retarded drink and I think it's only big in Asian communities because it sounds interesting on paper. In reality why would I want to drink something and then my straw gets stuck because a giant candy piece size of tapioca got stuck?

And the Bobas itself are tasteless, just chewy starch. I will say though the packaging itself is cool and if I ever were behind an Iced Coffee Shop I would use the plastic sealing system they use.
I even tried it with flavored ones, like a mango tea with peach pearls or whatever and it's still shit. I like the look of it, but it's just not good and way overhyped

PinstripeLuns

Oy vey!
kiwifarms.net
People hate oatmeal/oat cookies way too much. They're not even that much healthier than normal cookies. Plus, raisins are nice.

Boba tea is an absolutely retarded drink and I think it's only big in Asian communities because it sounds interesting on paper. In reality why would I want to drink something and then my straw gets stuck because a giant candy piece size of tapioca got stuck?

And the Bobas itself are tasteless, just chewy starch. I will say though the packaging itself is cool and if I ever were behind an Iced Coffee Shop I would use the plastic sealing system they use.
I can completely understand the tomfuckery that is getting tapioca out of the cup, but since the fruity balls exist it nullifies the issue. I think the tapioca pearls can be good if done with milk - always get it max ice (unless it's winter or sm shit) and max sweetness if you can.

Cheerlead-in-Chief

"Damn. Grandma's gonna be so angry!"
kiwifarms.net
People hate oatmeal/oat cookies way too much. They're not even that much healthier than normal cookies. Plus, raisins are nice.
Mom's Fiancé hates raisins and we cut them down in curries, but quadrupled them for the lulz when he wasn't around; we also exclude it for the Passover/Easter dish dulce de habichuelas (sweet beans translated, but it's like a sweet stew) and homemade rice puddings.
He's also finnicky in Dominican cousine; during the same Passover/Easter, he refused our next door neighbor's rice, beans and chicken soup on the basis that "It's not how you make it":bork:

HodgePodgeRogerDodger

kiwifarms.net
Little Caesar’s is the best of the worst. It’s $5 fucking dollars and I can have it for lunch and dinner. There are days where I want authentic, gourmet Margherita Pizza or I want to sit on my couch and don’t care if my dog eats my leftovers.

New York and Chicago suck dick btw. Chicago is fucking disgusting and New York is hyped beyond belief for how lackluster it is. Don’t @ me.

Cheerlead-in-Chief

kiwifarms.net
Little Caesar’s is the best of the worst. It’s $5 fucking dollars and I can have it for lunch and dinner. There are days where I want authentic, gourmet Margherita Pizza or I want to sit on my couch and don’t care if my dog eats my leftovers.

New York and Chicago suck dick btw. Chicago is fucking disgusting and New York is hyped beyond belief for how lackluster it is. Don’t @ me.
Mom hates that brand due to how they leave the pizzas and thus ferment the cheese. Every time she eats it = diarrhea.
In my Bible Belt state we have plenty of New York Style pizza joints of varying degrees of quality.

AnOminous

I hated Woody Woodpecker and Scooby-Doo.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anchovies are actually really good.

I also hate Wasabi, I don't know how anyone can digest that and I love really spicy food.
A Caesar salad is the main place I'll eat anchovies whole, but it's a great tip to liquefy some and add it to pasta sauce of almost any kind, or anything where you'd use soy, Worcestershire, fish sauce, or any savory/umami flavor.

Cheerlead-in-Chief

kiwifarms.net
Milk Chocolate is fucking gross and overhyped. Rate me lunacy but it's so overwhelmingly rich it makes me gag.
Overhyped/meme material: "U deserve a choccy malk 'cuz you're epic! XDD" is peak autism.
Yoohoo! Is too sweet, even as i tasted it for the first time as a child; dunno if Nestle modified the formula or not.
Other milks are superior, and you can replicate them using powdered chocolate for the superior hot chocolates/shakes imo.

Last edited:

Nonconsentual Pronouns

Apocalyptic Troon Patrol
kiwifarms.net
American style (watered down) coffee is an abomination and I both envy and stick my nose up at people who enjoy drinking that swill. Envy because it's the laziest way to have your coffee by far, and sometimes fucking around with the espresso maker for three minutes is two and a half minutes too much. It's so disgusting and plebian when compared to fixing something properly from an espresso base and milk, but I wish I liked it watered down anyway. Maybe this is how people who hate fast food and microwave dinners feel.

Latvophile

latvian lives matter!
kiwifarms.net
I don't like Doritos. They just taste like cardboard to me.
I just hate the choice of flavours.

Also milk chocolate tastes like... fuck knows. Chemically castrated cocoa mixed with spunk, for all I care, with a bit of glazing agent from a car paintjob.

I like microwave burgers for some reason. Naturally this also means I like SPAM, corned beef, and pot noodles (though I dislike the brand Pot Noodle, Super Noodles are better) because it's similarly cheap overprocessed trash lol. I know I shouldn't though, I'm just a fat cunt lmfao

AnOminous

I hated Woody Woodpecker and Scooby-Doo.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's so disgusting and plebian when compared to fixing something properly from an espresso base and milk, but I wish I liked it watered down anyway. Maybe this is how people who hate fast food and microwave dinners feel.
I like a couple ristretto shots done Americano style, no milk, blasted with the hot water/steamer attachment.