Unpopular opinions about food

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

byuu

Non-binary they/them
kiwifarms.net
They're each owned by brothers, and Lidl only exists because they had a falling out. So they are both separate companies and sister chains in a way.
No, that's Aldi Süd (aka Aldi for Americans) and Aldi Nord (who bought Trader Joe's).
Lidl was founded by a completely different family.

Fìddlesticks

Don't click the spoiler
kiwifarms.net
Chain pizza places and "Mom 'n Pop" pizza places are equal in my eyes. Just depends what you're in the mood for at the given time.

Sometimes you want that stuffed crust from Domino's, other times you may want that more authentic stretchy-cheese from the local business run by the same family for the last 30 years. You may have to pay more for the mom 'n pop, they may make it different every time you order it, but sometimes that's what you want. Other times you want that reliable cardboard you can dunk in the sauce and get in 30 minutes from Ubereats.

I have the same feelings about burgers. Sometimes I want mcdonalds. Other times I'd like a brioche bun and charcoal grilled.

Milka brand is good but overpriced. Cadbury years ago was good but it's different now. That's about it for milk chocolate. American brands (it's an American thing, right?) are baked puke.

Cacaolat is the best chocolate milk. It's from Barcelona, Spain and actually uses cocoa beans. It's very delicious and anything else seems really sad in comparison. https://www.cacaolat.es/en/#home

timewave0

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Popcorn is garbage and there are far better butter + salt delivery foods out there
Popcorn is one of the most annoying foods to eat in my opinion. All of those little kernel shell things get stuck in your teeth and probably don’t get purged from your small intestine for months

Sunflower seeds are another one. I like their taste, but the taste-to-effort ratio just isn’t there. I don’t want to have to work that much to feed on seed

Water-T

The Pork-trait of Darian Gray
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some aspics can be pretty tasty. Not like the weird jello ones but the ones made out of bone broth that are just like semi-solid soup. There's one that's like chicken soup I really like.
I think those are called demi-glaces. The bones provide the gelatin that give it its texture.

afternoon_tea

fml tbh
kiwifarms.net
I think those are called demi-glaces. The bones provide the gelatin that give it its texture.
I think a demi glace is just a type of sauce, maybe you're thinking of chaudfroid? Thats an aspic made with a cream component. There's a tomato based one I think is really good.

Aspics were always traditionally made with bone stock, but some places started using packaged gelatin when it became available, in the U.S. this is what most people think of when they think of aspic but most other countries use bone stock. Meat jelly is surprisingly popular in a lot of places.

ShittlerNiggler

I hate the antichrist
kiwifarms.net
Swiss dish is the best dish in the world and Raclette is the perfect food for gatherings of 4 - 12 people.

JasonMetloney

"I will eat your pizza and rape your bitch"
kiwifarms.net
I think niggers have the best diet. EBT diets are actually pretty delicious not even gonna lie for a fuckin' minute.

ScamL Likely

It's not suicide, it's Kiwifarms™
kiwifarms.net
I think a demi glace is just a type of sauce, maybe you're thinking of chaudfroid? Thats an aspic made with a cream component. There's a tomato based one I think is really good.

Aspics were always traditionally made with bone stock, but some places started using packaged gelatin when it became available, in the U.S. this is what most people think of when they think of aspic but most other countries use bone stock. Meat jelly is surprisingly popular in a lot of places.
My grandma makes one with beef tongue in it and it's nice sometimes.

SITHRAK!

“…an alt-right villain.” RIP @Arm Pit Cream
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Old fashioneds are great cocktails but are far better made with an Islay single malt than a bourbon.

Sithrak’s Old Fashioned:
In a tumbler glass-
1 tsp simple syrup
1 tsp bitters
1/2 oz chilled soda water
Stir gently to combine
Add 2 oz Islay single malt
Stir again
Drop in 1 maraschino cherry and a twist of orange peel.

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
Shrimp is absolutely vile.
When I was a kid I loved Shrimp. However, I haven't tried it in a long time since and had PF Chang's shrimp lo mein and it was bland. The shrimps were edible but they ruined meal. Their chicken lo mein is much better.