Unpopular opinions about food -

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Grilled steak is for boring people. It's a massive slab of meat which some people throw sauce on to hide the fact they screwed it up. So many other cuts, meats, organs and cooking methods which are tastier. Roast turkey is also terrible.
I find that baking the steak and then just finishing in a pan does the same job, but is more consistently tender and allows you to control doneness better. Not quite as good as sous vide, but fuck that it effort.

werewolf rape erotica

i got a cum tribute once
kiwifarms.net
I find that baking the steak and then just finishing in a pan does the same job, but is more consistently tender and allows you to control doneness better. Not quite as good as sous vide, but fuck that it effort.
I make my cast iron steak the opposite way-- coat the steak in olive oil and peppercorn medley, heat the cast iron until it's rocket hot, sear the steak on each side for 1½ minutes, then put the whole thing into a 450°F oven for 1-3 minutes on each side, depending on desired doneness.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I make my cast iron steak the opposite way-- coat the steak in olive oil and peppercorn medley, heat the cast iron until it's rocket hot, sear the steak on each side for 1½ minutes, then put the whole thing into a 450°F oven for 1-3 minutes on each side, depending on desired doneness.
Eh, the slow approach allows the marbling and muscles to dissolve more effectively, since I tend to use less optimal cuts that result in a tougher product traditionally. Either method works, but I prefer to cook first as I see the sear as a finishing touch more than essential (barring the maillard browning).

Different order, same prize.
Everyone I know will not eat liverwurst. I love that shit. Put it on rye bread with mustard, swiss cheese, and red onion. A guilty pleasure.
I both like and hate liverwurst. It tastes great at first, but then for some reason the paste-texture starts to get to me. I still like it on crackers with cheese though as a snack.

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Have the following opinion about food - All food is healthy, because if you don't eat, you won't be healthy!

Not everyone agrees with that. They can go bite my ass.

Apoth42

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
Burger opinions?

Pan burgers are better. You should cook them with butter and onions.

Grinding your own meat is a meme. Just get a package.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Burger opinions?

Pan burgers are better. You should cook them with butter and onions.

Grinding your own meat is a meme. Just get a package.
A package could be from a dozen different cows on different continents of completely different qualities and whatever bacteria was in any of them is now in all of it.

Go to a butcher and get it from one cut that you get to see before it's ground. And you can ask them to mix it 80/20 chuck/bacon or whatever else you want.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino