Unpopular opinions about food -

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Ruins Everything
kiwifarms.net
Dunno how unpopular this is but you cant just replace meat with veggies. No synthetic plant based slop is gonna do what meat does for people, in terms of nutrition and flavor.
I fuckin hate how meat sections in stores have had vegan options move in. I cant find my favorite sausages anymore.
I don't understand the reason for fake meats besides trendiness. If you want to be vegetarian or vegan, there are plenty of great ways to prepare fruits and veggies that don't involve fake meat.
If you want to eschew meat, why would fake meat be a go-to?

Zamzz

kewl cat
kiwifarms.net
Foreign foods are for faggots.
See ya later Curry alligator
Sushi? Fuck off. Shooie!
(Generic nigga food from africa) no thanks, i have money.

All you need is a good ol Texan steak and burger.
American food is the laughing stock of the rest of the world, how can you say this with a straight face...

British food is disgusting too, arguably even worse than american food.

Niggernerd

Summer festival fumika
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
American food is the laughing stock of the rest of the world, how can you say this with a straight face...

It's the laughing stock because they don't have it. Jealousy in third world shitholes isn't new. How many of them actually came here and tried a steak from a private owned southern bbq joint? or a burger that isn't from a multi billion dollar fast food place? Maybe a pizza from a little family owned pizzeria down in NYC? The real non-corporate owned food is hella great.
Africans make literal mud cookies.
Asians are around and about eating bats,dogs,cats, rats and raw fish.
Middle Easterners eat bullets
I'm gonna press X to doubt US is the biggest laughing stock when it comes to food.

GeorgiaGuidestones

Go cry to someone else lol
kiwifarms.net

The US is third in Michelin Star restaurants. I don’t think that’s considered a laughing stock. I think people equate all regular citizens with the mid-western, bland food stereotype. Not even close.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The US is third in Michelin Star restaurants. I don’t think that’s considered a laughing stock. I think people equate all regular citizens with the mid-western, bland food stereotype. Not even close.
Michelin is a shitty elitist list that is stupidly biased towards weeb food and French shit in my experience, downgrading the dozens of other country's worth of food because they aren't those things. Absolute trash to use as a reference guide.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Michelin is a shitty elitist list that is stupidly biased towards weeb food and French shit in my experience, downgrading the dozens of other country's worth of food because they aren't those things. Absolute trash to use as a reference guide.
We're still indisputably good even by the standards of haute cuisine, even if the best restaurants don't necessarily reflect what's on the table of the average person.

GeorgiaGuidestones

Go cry to someone else lol
kiwifarms.net
You can say it’s a shitty list but going by standards of different cuisines available in the US, it’s completely wrong to say we’re a laughingstock of food when we’ve bred some of the best chefs in the world.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You can say it’s a shitty list but going by standards of different cuisines available in the US, it’s completely wrong to say we’re a laughingstock of food when we’ve bred some of the best chefs in the world.
I never contended that the US was a shit food maker, just that Michelin is a shit food guide.

ATaxingWoman

Professional Anti-Tr*p Activist Tax Investigator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Steaks are best medium to well done
I can't force myself to eat eggs by themself, only used as an ingredient in other items. As long as I can't see or taste them, they're okay.
Can relate. I even have a hard time being in the same room as somebody frying or scrambling eggs; the smell makes my stomach turn.

Tags
None