Unpopular opinions about food -

The Shadow

What a time to be alive.
kiwifarms.net
Hot sauce is useless, disgusting shit devoured by beta-male faggots who want to appear macho.
Hot sauce is fine with limits. To add some bite and a little flavor, a milder hot sauce is great.

If your hot sauce mentions scoville units at all, it's too much and completely destroys the flavor of whatever you're eating. I just want a spicier burrito, I don't want to set my anus on fire.

Man vs persistent rat

A good egg is a nice person
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's also an ingredient, if you didn't use it on things like taco salad, you'd be making it from scratch in want of something that fulfils the same role.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
Seville oranges, used mainly for marmalade and as seasoning in cooking, actually aren't that bad when eaten raw. It's pretty much like eating a grapefruit, you wouldn't want to take a big bite into one due to the bitterness but if you just nibble on the slices, they're quite nice if you have a taste for tart food. Although the amount of seeds in a Seville orange is ridiculous.

(I bought a bag of marked-down-for-quick-sale Seville oranges at the supermarket last week not knowing that the taste is very different from other oranges. The first one was a shock but the second one was better since I knew what to expect.)

Sauerkraut. Cabbage of the heavens, I can't say just how many times Sauerkraut has saved me from certain disaster while trying something new in the kitchen but I can tell you, it's like a mega enhancement to any savory food you got, rice, sandwiches, noodles, soup, hell, you can fry it up and eat it like crisps if you want.
Unfortunately..
Yams are disgusting tubers that should have been thanos snapped, carrots are disgusting tubers that can go be atomized for eternity, and especially tomatoes are disgusting, vile and demonic fruits that should be purified from the darkness they reside in, they all make me retch with only a single bite.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
-Ketchup is literally the worst thing known to mankind. It's repulsive, and it's proof that Satan exists. It offends all of my senses.

-I've always hated really sugary cereal, even when I was a kid. All of my favorite cereals have always been the ones that "old people" eat.

-I like my chocolate like I like my outlook on life: Dark and bitter. But seriously though: I don't like (m)ilk chocolate, and if somebody handed me a little block of baker's chocolate, I would eat it and enjoy it. Bitter chocolate is the only way to go for me.

-I don't like potato chips. They don't disgust me, but whenever I eat some, I always think that I'd rather be eating something else and then never finish them.

I'm probably one of the few people who genuinely enjoys oatmeal raisin cookies.
Oatmeal raisin cookies are the best cookies. Oatmeal raisin vs chocolate chip? I will choose oatmeal raisin literally every time. No joke.

I make some really great oatmeal cookies ... But I rarely ever get to put raisins in them because people with broken taste buds always request that I add shit like chocolate in them instead. It's frustrating, lol.

tranny2000

jpeg is my middle name
kiwifarms.net
-Ketchup is literally the worst thing known to mankind. It's repulsive, and it's proof that Satan exists. It offends all of my senses.

-I've always hated really sugary cereal, even when I was a kid. All of my favorite cereals have always been the ones that "old people" eat.

-I like my chocolate like I like my outlook on life: Dark and bitter. But seriously though: I don't like (m)ilk chocolate, and if somebody handed me a little block of baker's chocolate, I would eat it and enjoy it. Bitter chocolate is the only way to go for me.

-I don't like potato chips. They don't disgust me, but whenever I eat some, I always think that I'd rather be eating something else and then never finish them.

Oatmeal raisin cookies are the best cookies. Oatmeal raisin vs chocolate chip? I will choose oatmeal raisin literally every time. No joke.

I make some really great oatmeal cookies ... But I rarely ever get to put raisins in them because people with broken taste buds always request that I add shit like chocolate in them instead. It's frustrating, lol.
All good opinions, but I especially relate to the cereal one. I can eat more Rice Chex than practically any other food.

Reactions: StarkRavingMad

Autumnal Equinox

Null killed my avatar
kiwifarms.net

I'm with you on the cereal. Raisin Bran is my go-to cereal of choice. I like Grape Nuts as well.

And duh oatmeal cookies are the best cookies. Anyone who disagrees is just plain wrong.

Tags
None