Unpopular opinions about food -

Stormy Daniel's Lawyer

So it goes.
kiwifarms.net
Preface: Personal Sperg-out..

Watching strangers eat anything fucking grosses me out..I can barely watch my wife without thinking, I'm so not kissing you anytime soon..

Now to my all time worse foods:

Cooked Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, Mayonnaise, almost all foods that are white in color, cucumbers, and Mac and Cheese are the absolute worse...

Aberforth

Straight A student in special ed.
kiwifarms.net
Gochujang is the better Asian hot sauce. Sriracha doesn't have as rich of a flavor. Those sriracha combos are pretty good, though.

I like Miracle Whip. Grew up eating it, so that might be why. Actual mayo is pretty much a treat to me.

Nonconsentual Pronouns

Apocalyptic Troon Patrol
kiwifarms.net
I've always hated really sugary cereal, even when I was a kid. All of my favorite cereals have always been the ones that "old people" eat.
Sugary cereal is absolute trash in every way but the smell. It's made of the cheapest shit that gets covered up with cheap sugar and cheap food dye, makes the guts feel sick, makes you tired, etc. The popularity of soda and chips also baffles the hell out of me.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
I think my overall favourite cereal as a kid was Weetabix, which I suppose is on the "healthy" side, however General Mills' Rocky Road was the greatest of the candy cereals since the chocolate-covered marshmallows came in a foil-lined white bag within the main bag if I remember correctly for extra freshness. Either that or the main bag was foil-lined and resealable. One of those.

Not really an addendum since I haven't actually posted this yet as of this writing but I watched a couple of decades-stale cereal unboxing videos featuring Rocky Road and the cereal is in the usual wax paper bag. It could be that Rocky Road came in more elaborate inner packaging here in Canada compared to what's seen in those videos which I presume is the American packaging or perhaps I'm conflating it with the inner packaging for Pac-Man cereal,

ADDENDUM: If it wasn't Rocky Road or Pac-Man cereal, it may have been S'mores Crunch. I know Canada didn't get a lot of the sugary cereals that 1980s Canadian kids would see ads for on Saturday morning cartoons and afterschool syndicated toy commercial cartoons that aired on stations just across the American border but I think we got S'mores Crunch up here. On a tangent, I think Pac-Man cereal lasted until the mid-1990s in Canada, longer than it lasted in the United States.

Last edited:

Agarathium1066

My sense of balance is busted.
kiwifarms.net
Places like Walmart put an ungodly amount of frosting on their cupcakes. I strongly prefer cupcakes with a somewhat thin layer of frosting on them. Like you would put on a cookie.
Agreed. I'm not wild on frosting pretty much ever but most places glob it on like they're afraid you'll taste the actual baked good they're selling to you. The cheap frosting especially is disgusting.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Agreed. I'm not wild on frosting pretty much ever but most places glob it on like they're afraid you'll taste the actual baked good they're selling to you. The cheap frosting especially is disgusting.
Frosting that is just frothed up sugar water is trash. Buttercream and cream cheese based frostings are delicious, though, and often better than what they're on.

A borscht-on

kiwifarms.net
The best hot sauce of them all is good old Tabasco.

All fruit apart from citrus is mushy, seedy, or just generally texturally revolting. Bananas are the worst offenders of them all.

Marshmallow fluff eaten with a spoon from the jar is awesome.

Chicken is disgusting, no matter how it's prepared.

Zucchini might be the most perfect vegetable.

Tahini on toast with sliced tomato is utterly delicious.

Burger King cheeseburgers are tasty--fake "flame broiled" flavouring or not.

Tags
None