Unpopular opinions about food -

CrystalRoserade

Local Weeb Translator
kiwifarms.net
The first is not a fresh one so I'll be brief but I never understood the hype about bacon. I have never actually purchased pack of it in my entire life and have never been inclined to. Breakfast sausage for the win.

Seriously though. Fuck vinaigrette. Fuck anything to even do with the WORD vinaigrette. It ruins salads and I don't even eat much salad. I would eat more salad if every fucking one didn't come with cocksucking vinaigrette. Red wine vinaigrettes are even worse. I have gotten plenty shitfaced on red wine. It has a familiar taste to wine puke. Yum.

Also mushrooms. All kinds but cheese stuffed portabello mushroom tip the scale in worst things I have ever eaten.
Agreed on vinaigrette. Too much of that shit can absolutely overpower literally everything else in a salad. They always end up tasting the same, too.

Also, I will admit, fruit flavored pop-tarts also taste very same-y to me.

Double Dee

Buttered toast.
kiwifarms.net
I've always hated really sugary cereal, even when I was a kid. All of my favorite cereals have always been the ones that "old people" eat.
I'm in the middle- old-peole cereal is okay, but a little sweet doesn't hurt. It's why I enjoy Raisin Bran and Honey Bunches of Oats.

Speaking of, raisins are okay. They don't deserve the hate they get, unless you're a sap who can't tell the difference between them and chocolate chips in a cookie.

Plase fight me if you don't at least tolerate Corn Flakes. And no, Frosted Flakes are not an appropriate equivalent.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm in the middle- old-peole cereal is okay, but a little sweet doesn't hurt. It's why I enjoy Raisin Bran and Honey Bunches of Oats.

Speaking of, raisins are okay. They don't deserve the hate they get, unless you're a sap who can't tell the difference between them and chocolate chips in a cookie.

Plase fight me if you don't at least tolerate Corn Flakes. And no, Frosted Flakes are not an appropriate equivalent.
My favorite cereal is still normal Cheerios, and I do like to snack on raisins too, so you're fine.

And I still like shrooms, they're like a better tofu in every way given they absorb what you cook them in. They're great with onions and cheese.

Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

DuckSucker

kiwifarms.net
I actually like soft and thick pizza dough. I dont know why but that Little Caesar's super soft fluffy square pizza where its basically just wonderbread focaccia (more chew but) with some sauce and cheese and crispy pepperoni on top and the edges are crusty with melted burnt cheese is ambrosia.

A thin and/or crispy crust can be fine, it really depends on a lot of things and Im not a pizza connoisseur, but people shit on Little Caesars (or pizza with the "wrong"/not thin dough) all the time and I'm just like, dude I could down a quarter of that cheesy-bread like crust they use in that square pan pizza.

Last edited:

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People who boil hotdogs on the stove are so fucking extra. What the fuck do you think this is? Just microwave that shit. Put it in a dish with some water if you have to be all fancy about it, but I like mine a bit radiation-burnt.
I like doing this if I have to rush and don't have time to cook. They still taste better sliced open and grilled or skillet cooked tho.

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

Buying a Switch & Animal Crossing with Trump bucks
kiwifarms.net
My favorite cereal is still normal Cheerios, and I do like to snack on raisins too, so you're fine.

And I still like shrooms, they're like a better tofu in every way given they absorb what you cook them in. They're great with onions and cheese.
I read that as Cheetos for some reason.

Richard Harrow

“Look, fat, look, here's the deal...”
kiwifarms.net
Butter. Nothing beats it. People put olive oil on too high a pedestal when it comes to cooking; usually it's the pretentious types that use a lot of adjectives for describing food (i.e. Gluten-free, dairy-free, <insert something tasty> - free, fair trade, etc). Wanna fry something up? Butter. Grease the pan for baking? Butter. Toast? Butter. Load up on some Kerrygold grass-fed butter and you're set. Save the olive oil for salad or some other lame dish.

twi1992

Buckle the Fuck Up Slut, We're Geting Shitfaced.
kiwifarms.net
People who boil hotdogs on the stove are so fucking extra. What the fuck do you think this is? Just microwave that shit. Put it in a dish with some water if you have to be all fancy about it, but I like mine a bit radiation-burnt.
Okay, this gave me pause. I respect your opinion but also who wants a microwaved busted hotdog everytime they want a hotdog? Plus having hotdog water on the stove is kinda funny

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Okay, this gave me pause. I respect your opinion but also who wants a microwaved busted hotdog everytime they want a hotdog? Plus having hotdog water on the stove is kinda funny
Dude, all you do is poke them and they're mostly fine after that. I'd still suggest grilled or air fried though.

Last edited:

twi1992

Buckle the Fuck Up Slut, We're Geting Shitfaced.
kiwifarms.net
Dude, all you do is like them and they're mostly fine after that. I'd still suggest grilled or air fried though.
Oh no, I prefer a properly cooked hot dog. I just prefer a boiled one over a microwaved one. They take a little longer but they're way better.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nothing is good air-fried. What on earth is wrong with you?
Sounds like you just hate ovens in general to me given they do the job just fine with things like fries and chicken.

And fucking poke the dogs. What is so hard with this simple fucking task? It works perfectly with kielbasa for example.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Oh no, I prefer a properly cooked hot dog. I just prefer a boiled one over a microwaved one. They take a little longer but they're way better.
Boiled, preferably in the dirty water from the last batch, then split lengthwise and fried on a griddle on both sides, put in a steamed or toasted bun, with only mustard or Sabrett onions. Otherwise it's pure plebbery and tastes like a turd in a bun.

Reactions: totse

Zamzz

kewl cat
kiwifarms.net
Butter. Nothing beats it. People put olive oil on too high a pedestal when it comes to cooking; usually it's the pretentious types that use a lot of adjectives for describing food (i.e. Gluten-free, dairy-free, <insert something tasty> - free, fair trade, etc). Wanna fry something up? Butter. Grease the pan for baking? Butter. Toast? Butter. Load up on some Kerrygold grass-fed butter and you're set. Save the olive oil for salad or some other lame dish.
O´live oil is super healthy and tastes amazing, it certainly isn't put too high on a pedelstal, it deserves it's praise if anything. That being said organic, high quality butter is actually good for you too as long as you don't eat too much of it.

Tags
None