Unpopular opinions about food -

yasscat

picture a cat that is also a bumblebee
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Butter. Nothing beats it. People put olive oil on too high a pedestal when it comes to cooking; usually it's the pretentious types that use a lot of adjectives for describing food (i.e. Gluten-free, dairy-free, <insert something tasty> - free, fair trade, etc). Wanna fry something up? Butter. Grease the pan for baking? Butter. Toast? Butter. Load up on some Kerrygold grass-fed butter and you're set. Save the olive oil for salad or some other lame dish.
Olive oil is stupid.
(I may be biased because allergy.)

Rafal Gan Ganowicz

Please do not rate this user's posts autistic.
kiwifarms.net
Beer has way more phyto estrogens than soba noodles washed down with Silk.

I wonder why. It's not that different in concept from tahini. Or marzipan. Or any number of other nut-based things they have, like that stuff made from pistachio paste.
You mean the desert, halva? Mostly made from sesame, sugar and tahini, but often pistachio paste added. nomnom!!!

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
You mean the desert, halva? Mostly made from sesame, sugar and tahini, but often pistachio paste added. nomnom!!!
That's a really really old post, but maybe I meant Turkish delight. I think I meant something that usually has pistachios in it.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The best kind of hot dog is a shitty one from a gas station.
As long as they're decent hot dogs, it's impossible for them to fuck up using those roller things. By decent I mean all beef and something like Ball Park or Hebrew National. Those roller things do a perfectly good job so long as they aren't dry to the point of having wrinkles.

Some of you take your food opinions too seriously. Just try the Hawaiian pizza, it won't kill you, it's just different than what you're used to.
Hawaiian pizza is mostly shit but it isn't inherently an abomination unto God. The right way to do it, and almost nobody does, is using a white sauce instead of marinara, basically a very thin layer of something like Alfredo sauce, and the ham should be finely minced, and the FRESH pineapple (not canned) should also be minced and drained, so it doesn't make the pizza soggy.

The main disgusting thing about most pizza with pineapple on it is using nasty chunks of syrup soaked canned pineapple that turn the crust into revolting mush.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hawaiian pizza is mostly shit but it isn't inherently an abomination unto God. The right way to do it, and almost nobody does, is using a white sauce instead of marinara, basically a very thin layer of something like Alfredo sauce, and the ham should be finely minced, and the FRESH pineapple (not canned) should also be minced and drained, so it doesn't make the pizza soggy.

The main disgusting thing about most pizza with pineapple on it is using nasty chunks of syrup soaked canned pineapple that turn the crust into revolting mush.
A white pizza would work better, but I'd still not like it. I thought the barbecue chicken pizza idea had more merit and I still disliked that quite a bit.

Oh, and I will disagree; my favorite hot dog ever comes from bowling alleys. For some reason there's something in it that's delicious.

It's like my embarrassing love of McDonald's BBQ sauce. For some reason I genuinely love eating that sugary shit.

Reactions: UnsufficentBoobage

The Last Stand

Kiwi Farms Popularity Judge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Burger King cheeseburgers are tasty--fake "flame broiled" flavouring or not.
Burger King is better than McDonalds, but McDonalds is a guilty plesaure. They have better burgers and nuggets.
The default should not be food having shitty onions on it so that I have to request no onions, then people fucking it up and either keeping the onions on, or God forbid, thinking I said EXTRA ONIONS as they ruin whatever delivery food I ordered.
Pickles are disgusting. Onions are better grilled or sautéed. Raw, no thanks.

Grits are nasty. Cornbread too. I don't like them.

CrystalRoserade

Local Weeb Translator
kiwifarms.net
Kind of a no-brainer, but those pizzas you'd find in schools with the overly sweet sauce, not-cheese "cheese", and overly flour-y, flavorless crust are disgusting. I never ate another slice after the first one I had.

Also, fuck the school roast beef. That stuff's way too salty for human consumption.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kind of a no-brainer, but those pizzas you'd find in schools with the overly sweet sauce, not-cheese "cheese", and overly flour-y, flavorless crust are disgusting. I never ate another slice after the first one I had.

Also, fuck the school roast beef. That stuff's way too salty for human consumption.
I always found Taco day to be the worst, since you had cold tortillas, shitty ground beef, wood pulp disguised as cheese, and the worst thing of all, this refried bean mass that just tasted of paste and death.

Autumnal Equinox

Sing or I'll go home and kill all your mommies
kiwifarms.net
Cream of wheat is gross; it's only good when you drench it with lots of cheese.
I agree with you Cream of Wheat is gross, but drenching it in cheese sounds even worse. God reading that made me shudder.

On the topic of breakfast foods, I really don't get people who eat things with onions in them first thing in the morning. Onion bagels with chive and onion cream cheese? My sister loves these and it just turns my stomach.

Tags
None